Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 943048 times)

Offline Aldemar

• Donator
  • 84e Prison Builder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2220 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »
I have never been so stressed when i commanded!

Great linebattle.

i  was calm but still lost :_(

gg 14e

all hail Ier!

Offline -VEINRUS-

• First Lieutenant
  • 4pp_Plk_Veinrus
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2221 on: January 14, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »
Thanks 25th and 4pp, you present what NWL stands for. Exciting and fun LBs, and at the end you shake hands and everything is fine. :)
Ja, Danke Scho'n Bever and DasBrot for fnatastic NWL, it is so exciting League for us. No problem with laggs or server (maybe only for us), good organization and cultural opponents... and all are happy. Merci^^

Pułk 4. Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego for ever!

Offline Enriik

• Second Lieutenant
  • Honneur
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_SLt_Enriik
« Reply #2222 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »
Ier corps <3 <3 <3

Spoiler
I love you Aldemar Don't repeat
[close]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:02:09 pm by Enriik »

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
« Reply #2223 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »
That was a really good linebattle, closed and stressful

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2224 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:22 pm »
For the match 3rdFG vs 63e: The score will be changed from 6-4 to 5-5.

Reason: There were 2 rounds, which were really hard to count. In one round we got 10 disconnects and a missunderstanding about "live" or "not live". The other one was a round where a stranger joined in UK Team with a 3rdFG tag and started teamkilling. The rounds annul each other. We got some situations with shooting in charge. When 3rdFG shot in charge they won the round. In the round where 63e was shooting 3rdFG won aswell, so we decide to remove one round and make it a 5-5.

Alright fair enough. All three of the disrupted rounds should not count, fairly logical.

The problem is your treatment of the shooting on the charge incident. You treat several rule infractions as less important than one infraction on the basis that one side was more competent/lucky when it came to getting results from their infraction. Rather than the actual frequency of infractions. Attempted murder still is a crime you know.

Okay, so it's not as easy as to award the rounds to the 3rdFG, but you need to keep it in the balance when looking at the infraction where 3rdFG actually won, as well as the overall implications of the call (seeing that you are making calls post facto, which is the major drawback of the system). The distilled question to answer under these circumstances is:

Did the 3rdFG break the rules so much more than the 63e as to warrant changing the match from a win to a draw for them? This is the only question you need to ask yourself. You would have to be in a coma or the village idiot to think that the answer to that question is yes. (Both sides broke the rules about as much, and even then they did gain a one man up on the 63e in a situation with 20ish people involved not an auto-win).

This is the problem with dealing with things post-facto. You can't really weed out the small sneaky cheating (accidental or not) that does take place, because people either win against it, or it's not severe enough to warrant action. And this is why we need referees, in addition to of course avoid hugely flawed calls like this.

You have you understand that you are currently doing your best to kill the league. All competitively minded leaders I have spoken to have had serious issues with the way you have dealt with this. A fair amount of them have expressed doubts about staying in the league. And these are the people that really make your league the premiere and only league in NW at the moment. Trust me on this, the only reason you have not got any competition when it comes to NW leagues is because you have collected everyone here, and up until this point have done a somewhat tolerable job of running the league. 3rdFG leaving, with reason, puts this fact largely into question.

I mean, the jojo nature of this call, just illustrates how sadly the business has been handled. Couldn't you simply have consulted Hancock, or someone who has at least taken a course or two of law, with the call, and put together a credible argument from the start?

Also there will be a new system for the mappicking in the next season. You'll play one map with swapping spawns after 5 rounds. Both teams/leaders have to agree on the map before you play. We will also seriously think about involving referees in the running or upcoming season.

Regards,
your NWL staff

Some progress at last, shame that it's overshadowed by a huge step backwards, which really questions the validity and raison d'etre of the league.

Malakith is right. Have some unbiased evidence to back up or don't bother raising the issue as you might as well convince some people the earth is flat.

A post extraordinarily lacking in insight. There is video-evidence of the whole shebang, that can easily be reviewed. Not to mention server records that I am sure the organisers could have summoned to see the inter-admin communications.

Interesting that you cannot quote LameHorse saying that league 1 will be bloody interesting, because he is banned "for a reason"...

Offline Posh

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • i can help col posh out with anything
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Lt_Posh
« Reply #2225 on: January 14, 2014, 10:12:26 pm »
Looking at what has happened and what has been done so far in the NWL, it's made a lot of regiment leaders ,including myself, consider if NWL is worth being in after some of the things that have happened so far.
Previously: 2ndCSG Major - 17e Colonel - 22nd Serjeant - 1Lhr Leutnant - 78th Lance Corporal

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »
It is my view that if people feel these issues are significant enough to disrupt their enjoyment, and they feel that the administration has failed to adjust the league format and mediate disputes appropriately, then they ought to leave and form a new league, putting in to place the suggestions they have made so far; i.e, referees, new rulings regarding teamkilling/trolling, etc. I feel Hekko, Svennson and Posh have covered that topic appropriately.

That said, it would be far more appropriate and polite to allow the current league to continue; the last thing we need is two leagues running concurrently. I may disagree with Bever and DasBrot's decisions, however I have to admire the time and effort they've put in to the league so far.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2227 on: January 14, 2014, 10:34:34 pm »
Got bored and did all the match days for the premier league, will do other leagues at a later date.

3rd post down on 1st page

Spoiler
If anything is wrong then please tell.
[close]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:44 pm »
Let's just not screw up this only tournament where the best regiments of the community all participate in. Pls. This is pretty much the only time it happened. :'( :'( :'(

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #2229 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:42 pm »
Got bored and did all the match days for the premier league, will do other leagues at a later date.

Spoiler
[close]

I have a hard time imagining how bored you were :P

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2230 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:45 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I have a hard time imagining how bored you were :P
The key word there obviously being "hard" ;)

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2231 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:10 pm »
No offence Towel, but you got a few of the next rounds matches in both second and third league.
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:18 pm »
@Hekko: I'll keep it short. There were several other reasons, but since we're not allowed to post any steam chats, screens etc. we can't show you more. We can just please you to trust in what we're doing. And I also hope that nobody will leave with the aim to create his own league. I doubt that it's a good solution.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 15, 2014, 12:03:40 am »
@Hekko: I'll keep it short. There were several other reasons, but since we're not allowed to post any steam chats, screens etc. we can't show you more. We can just please you to trust in what we're doing. And I also hope that nobody will leave with the aim to create his own league. I doubt that it's a good solution.

You can't post screens etc here, you are right. But if there ARE other reasons for awarding a 5-5 draw to a game that the 3rdFG won, and then ALSO agreed to have a rematch, when the 63e declined and just say "Decision was made for a draw". Then they -do- need to be discussed and fully disclosed. I don't expect there will be a mass leaving of the league. But as Hekko said, there are definitely a few regiments who are concerned with the way the decision went.

Again, despite all the rule debates and arguments, most people want to be here and do appreciate the work it takes to run the league.

But there will be few people who can agree to the ruling that was made in regards to this match. The evidence just isn't there to justify it. So it is a very hard thing for you to ask people to just accept it.

Let's break down exactly what most people see

63e Benefit:
They got one round given to them due to 1 shot made by 3rdFG in charge - Reason: That 1 player could have made all the difference in a close melee
One other round was annulled due to confusion about Round being live
They then DIDN'T LOSE a round, despite getting a round awarded to them due to the same rule breaking, because the 3rdFG played well and won it
They had a round reset due to being TK'ed, they didn't even play this round, IF they had then the score would likely have ended as 7-3 to the 3rdFG

3rdFG Benefit:
They got a round Annulled due to being TK'ed

Basically, that's the breakdown of the most serious things that went wrong. The ruling is SO heavily in 63e favour. I don't know what reasons you have that you can't tell the community about, but they need to be pretty extraordinary. I just can't see how you justify giving a draw.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 15, 2014, 12:10:20 am »
And one follow up point.

I don't know WHY 18th were disqualified really. And i don't like them either much from what I've heard.

But if you think you can police external regiment arguments and politics because you are running a league, you will end up having an empty league VERY quickly. I understand it's meant to be fun. But there are so many disagreements. It wont happen.

Provide the platform for the games to be played, adjudicate correctly on the way that the games themselves are played. Ignore the external politics.