We are all playing "Mount & Musket" and "Napoleonic Wars" for years now and we all have our nice linebattle statistics. But we dont have the chance to compare our skills, beacause every regiment and every lb has its own rules. So you can't see, if one regiment is better than an other, cause they both had different battle conditions. So our idea was a standardized league with fixed rules for everyone inside it. To make it a real league, like the German "Bundesliga", we have 2 leagues, the First and Second one. At the end of the NWL the 2 best regiments in the second league rise up into the first. The the 2 worst regiments of the first league will descent into the second. We will also have relegation games if necessary! The 12th of the first and the 3rd of the second league will fight for promotion or staying in the league. The 2 worst regiments of the second league will fall out of the NWL competition. But for them, 2 new candidats from outside the league have the chance to qualify for the NWL! We want to have 14 Regiments per league, so at all we have 28 teams in competition! Caused by this number of teams, we have decided not to have a second leg. So you will meet every regiment in your league only once. At the end of the league, regiments from outside it can qualify for getting a place in the third league. The 2 best ones get a place in League 2 then.
NWL became the biggest event of the NW-Community, including 28 regiments with over 1000 players. The first three season of NWL are already finished. After season 3 we changed back to two leagues but with 14 teams each instead of 12. It was a very nice tourney and we're looking forward to the next one!
91st Regiment of Foot "Argyllshire Highlanders" (League 1)
17e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne (League 2)
Infanterie Regiment "Freiherr von Strauch" Nr. 24 (League 1)
14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne (League 2)
92nd Regiment of Foot "Gordon Highlanders" (League 3)
14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne (League 1)
92nd Regiment of Foot "Gordon Highlanders" (League 2)
2. Leibhusaren Regiment (League 3)
92nd Regiment of Foot "Gordon Highlanders" (League 1)
15th Yorkshire "The Snappers" (League 2)
1. No Firing in melee or out of formation.
1.1 A melee is where one bayonet or sword from either line strikes the player or weapon of the opposing team.
1.2 Firing out of formation is where a shot is fired from a player of a line which is not stationary and in a tightly packed formation.
2. Gaps have to be closed tight.
2.1 If you fire without closing the gap beforehand, you may be punished by the referee.
2.2 You are not allowed to open the gap after you take a shot.
3. No officer aiming. This only regards the player in the officer class.
3.1 Officer aiming is only true in the following situations;
Shot whilst marching ahead of the line.
Shot whilst ranged combat and not within 5 man spacing of the original line.
3.2 In the following situations, officer aiming does not apply.
If the officer is standing in front or behind the line (from enemies viewpoint)
In a definite and obvious charge movement towards the enemy line.
4. Allowed units: Rankers and officers of regular line infantry - No skirmishers, light infantry or guard infantry.
5. Only one line per regiment, only one officer per regiment.
6. No Bonuses, no musicians, no flag bearers.
7. Only a ONE man majority is allowed.
7.1 The minimum attendance required for a balance is 15 men. If a regiment does not bring 15 their opponents may use 15 regardless.
7.2 The maximum attendance is 35 men in play at any time.
8. Only 'Random x Medium' maps are to be used. And not on the "forest" setting.
8.1 Both regiments have to agree on a map. After 5 rounds teams will be swapped to the opposing faction.
9. Matches have to be played on official NWL Servers.
10. You need to get a referee for your match, otherwise its invalid. A list of these is shown below.
10.1 Both regiments need to agree on the chosen referee.
10.2 Referees are not allowed to referee a match that their own regiment is partaking in.
11. You need to play your match in the given time.
11.1. Matches can be played from the commencing Friday to Thursday.
12. If one regiment does not appear in time, the other one will get a 10-0 win.
13. If both teams don't appear, both will get a 0-0 loss. This will result in 0 points for both teams.
14. Players may only be in one regiment that is attending the NWL. If a player is in two regiments that are both in the NWL they
must choose which one to play for.
15. No invites.
16. Slaying, freezing, kicking or banning is only allowed, if the target is from your own regiment.
16.1 You are not allowed to reset or restart on own behalf.
17. Referee rulings have to be accepted in a running match. You may not discuss it within an unfinished match.
17.1 You may appeal a referees judgement if abusing behavior is seen, or a wrong/biased decisions
17.2 If you abuse the appeal system your further appeals may be ignored.
18. No flaming or insulting. Organizers may punish insults or inappropriate behavior with ceding or canceling points.
The Sign Ups for the 4th season of the NWL will open on
11th August 2014 at 6pm CET
The Sign Ups are open until
17th August 2014 at 6pm CET
Regiments which sign up before or after the posted dates will be ignored!
There will be some qualifying matches for interested regiments maybe.
Regiments which stay in NWL don't have to sign up again. For signing up, post the following informations:Regiment:
More informations about the qualifying matches will follow soon.
The organizers will talk to signed up regiments after the sign ups closed to answer all questions.
If you have any questions, please tell us! Just contact us via Steam: Bever
You can also send us a PM via FSE.
Special thanks to Brot and 14e for the server hosting!
A list of referees with links to their Steam profiles can be found in the 1st post.