Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 943029 times)

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2205 on: January 14, 2014, 07:35:05 pm »
Going live now guys! 84e vs 14e, should be a great LB! Starting of in the 84e Siege Server tonight! www.twitch.tv/bad_highlander

Keep up the good work!
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:06 pm »
I watched the whole match.

3rdFG won.

I'm sorry, it's that simple. I do think they are being dickish now(but understandable) and watched it with the intention of agreeing with Bever And DasBrot.

But if we KEEP the round which 63e claim was not live due to dc's, and KEEP the round that 3rdFG got TKed(let's face it, they were getting rekt before that happened anyway)

Then the 3rdFG got the 6 rounds. BOTH of these, should not have counted, the same as the round 63e reset when a troll tk'd them.

But as no rematch will happen. Then the 3rdFG should have a win on this.

Even if we say it's to do with the shooting in the charge incident. They broke the rules, but giving the round away due to that isn't right in the scope of this match. The fact that 3rdFG WON when 63e fired in the charge doesn't matter, the same rule should apply, which would mean swapping a round over back to 3rdFG

My opinion.
And i don't even like 3rdFG tbh

I do like this league, but like some others, feel like maybe you need a bit more help with the running of it all Bever and DasBrot. As you said yourself, it's a big task to run for just 2 people.

And sorry if it's igniting the arguement again, but, well, it's sad if a regiment leaves because of this. Especially when i believe most people when they watch it would say either the original score should stand or a rematch played.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:41:49 pm by Vorlen »

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 14, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »
b.decided to use a dramatic form of protest

Malakith, we did not try and inflame anything, we are just stating that the rules are so easily bent. This is not a fair league. - And I know this looks like butthurt. But we aren't. We're appalled at the way this has been delt with, considering our goal was to get enough numbers and enough skill to attend the NWL.
Richard has a really good point, it amazes me how the rules are bent in this "league". How can it be fair if some random person can kill good chunk of our line and it still be live? Seriously. That is one of the most stupid rules I have ever seen. I mean they could have rigged the person joining our team, to kill our team for all we know. (Not accusing, but the event could arise).

Please get someone to spectate the League, next time. It makes NO SENSE to have things like this happen, and go by hearsay and recordings.

I have next to no interest in the actual league itself as it plays out on days I cannot play, this is coming from a purely moderator based stance.

"You" made your points, "you" didn't like the replies, "you" decided to leave. That does not then allow free reign to continue arguing the same stuff for a further X pages in a monotonous loop of never changing opinion with increasing hostility.

If you want my personal perspective, no event will ever have rules to encompass every single eventuality. People will always exploit gaps in the rules to get a leg up in any competitive situation, it is in the organisers interests to patch up the gaps as they appear but undoubtedly SOMEONE is going to be unhappy with their final decision, even if it is a decision to do nothing.
In this case that disgruntled party is you, in another scenario it would be them.

Now, the organisers are obviously more than aware of it, it was filmed ffs. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of twitch would know they can go watch it back. Ball is in their court, arguments stop here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:44:47 pm by Malakith »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2208 on: January 14, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »
Malakith is right. Have some unbiased evidence to back up or don't bother raising the issue as you might as well convince some people the earth is flat.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 14, 2014, 07:49:17 pm »
Malakith is right. Have some unbiased evidence to back up or don't bother raising the issue as you might as well convince some people the earth is flat.
Well said from you both, but... my Dad told me he fell off at the other side once?

EVERYTHING IS A LIE! OMG
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 14, 2014, 07:53:59 pm »
Earth is flat! Gain 20 prestige, 2% missionary strenght, +5% technology cost.
Earth isn't flat! Lose 20 prestige, -2% missionary strenght, -5% technology cost.

Offline Admaa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »
I completely agree with what you put.

The main point, as I said, it would be easier if there was an impartial spectator. - and that was directed to the event hosters, same with the most of what I put, sorry, I forgot to English. ;D

Anyway I shan't keep on about this, enough has been said.

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2212 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »
25th - 4pp: 6-4. Really enjoyable nailbiter of a 1v1, with a lot of close melee fights. Hope to fight with or against you at a later point. Thanks :)
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 14, 2014, 08:56:32 pm »
25th - 4pp: 6-4. Really enjoyable nailbiter of a 1v1, with a lot of close melee fights. Hope to fight with or against you at a later point. Thanks :)

Congrats :)
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline -VEINRUS-

• First Lieutenant
  • 4pp_Plk_Veinrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:24 pm »
Bad day today for us. Your shooting was pretty^^ Thank You Gentlemen for fantastic LB and see you later on the battlefield ;)
Best of luck in the NWL^^

Pułk 4. Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego for ever!

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 14, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »
Thanks 25th and 4pp, you present what NWL stands for. Exciting and fun LBs, and at the end you shake hands and everything is fine. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Badsheep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • 14e Régiment d'Infanterie
  • Nick: 14e_SgtMj_Badsheep
« Reply #2216 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »
7-3 for 14e against 84e, one of the best LB I had so far.
Sorry for the shooting in the last round by the way Flopz didn't pay attention at what you were doing :-\

Vive le Ier Corps !   :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:57:58 pm by Badsheep »
14e_SgtMj_Badsheep

Offline Griff

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Griff
« Reply #2217 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:45 pm »
7-3 for 14e against 84e, one of the best LB I had so far.
Sorry for the shooting in the last round by the way Flopz was in a bush and he didn't see you charging  :-\

Vive le Ier Corps !   :)

Hehe :D yeah gg was a good and very close linebattle  :)

Offline 14e_Knight

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 14e Website
« Reply #2218 on: January 14, 2014, 09:21:24 pm »
I have never been so stressed when i commanded!

Great linebattle.
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011
Knight is the coolest person in the world.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:03 pm »
Thanks 25th and 4pp, you present what NWL stands for. Exciting and fun LBs, and at the end you shake hands and everything is fine. :)

+1

Same goes for 84e and 14e btw. GG both