Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 131433 times)

Offline Rosas

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Washington Artillery pg. 29)
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:22 pm »
but that is how its suppose to look,I've used tons of resource pictures and they have been all the same, if anything maybe a few scratches here and there and more dirt.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:27:24 pm by Rosas »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »
Looks good nice work dudes.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »
I mean there aren't that many variations on how a 12lb napoleon is supposed to look. I have seen (and been shot at by) 1st Ohio light artillery original guns and that's how they look except they are extremely shiny since they are the state guns of Ohio.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »
To be honest, guns and artillery pieces are extremely uniform looking because guess what: Mass Production for the win :D (Well I say loss. Give me a sabre and a horse anyday (I do not mean that!  ;) ) and an enemy to charge at ).

And there are actually a ton of differences between the models (mainly textures I assume since Rosas did the Model for N&S too, or did I get that wrong?) made by Hoppa for HWM and made by the north and south team.

And if you have ever been unlucky enough to start a texture conversation with Hoppa over teamspeak, you will know exactly what I mean  ;) (Rosas you can keep him as long as you need. Heck maybe we will start paying you to keep him off our backs  :P )
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Rosas

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2013, 07:07:00 pm »
I didnt do the model for North and South, I wasnt a modeler back then xD and the only difference between ours and Hinkles one is.......we have a bucket attached to ours, not a massive difference but I saw it as a detail that I must make :P

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2013, 07:16:55 pm »
To be honest, guns and artillery pieces are extremely uniform looking because guess what: Mass Production for the win :D (Well I say loss. Give me a sabre and a horse anyday (I do not mean that!  ;) ) and an enemy to charge at ).

And there are actually a ton of differences between the models (mainly textures I assume since Rosas did the Model for N&S too, or did I get that wrong?) made by Hoppa for HWM and made by the north and south team.

And if you have ever been unlucky enough to start a texture conversation with Hoppa over teamspeak, you will know exactly what I mean  ;) (Rosas you can keep him as long as you need. Heck maybe we will start paying you to keep him off our backs  :P )
The south didn't really have mass production.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »
It is a nice little model.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2013, 07:23:20 pm »
Me gusta la artilleria. Tengo un salchicha grande.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »

The south didn't really have mass production.
The south really didnt mass produce them but they captured so many of them prior to Gettysburg. The guns they did make though did look almost identical to the union guns just the barrels were lower quality because they lacked the founderies to make very good barrels. The large majority of the Napoleons the South started out with were made from the towns bell where ever they were from if it was brass. It is easier to mass produce the carriage even if you don't have a barrel simply because its wood and some iron thats it. You don't have to cast a barrel and worry about it not setting right. Carriages would break sometimes and they would just put the old barrel on the new carriage.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #444 on: December 21, 2013, 02:38:18 am »
Looks good and well crafted. Maybe the wood texture is a bit blurred on the spokes.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:06 am »
very nice!

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2013, 02:30:43 am »
I'd figure I'd ask: Did the team start the 150th Pennsylvania Bucktails yet? I'd really like to see them :)

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2013, 02:55:04 am »
I'd figure I'd ask: Did the team start the 150th Pennsylvania Bucktails yet? I'd really like to see them :)
We have started them and they are done its just a matter of putting them together in the BRF and resizing things as needed. After then next arty uniform preview if we have time before we implement all of them then I will put them out but they will be in the 1st video.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2013, 03:12:33 am »
On another note the Confederate uniforms are all 100% done and are going to be coded soon. The union BRF is close to completion which means we can finally show off good looking gameplay with uniforms that will be spot on. In the first video we will highlight Buck and Ball, Cannons, and units(naturally). After that we hopefully will be ready for closed access and then open. I will put out how to get into the closed beta when we are closer to completion. I am looking forward to getting this mod out to everyone soon but that being said we don't want to rush it and have a mod that is ugly and unbalanced as all hell. So seeing as how we are almost there I hope you all will keep looking for updates and please do criticize our work. As long as it is constructive we take it as ideas that can help improve the mod overall.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2013, 03:22:51 am »
Huzzah!

Who is invited to the closed beta? Is it public?