Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942574 times)

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #6195 on: June 25, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
Are you serious

To things are in a conflict now:
My opinion of the decisions made in that linebattle:

In the rules it is clearly stated by Bever and DasBrot, A referee's decision is FINAL, After the decision is made it cannot be changed in the future, In game or on FSE. So i think that DasBrot coming into the server, changing a round which was 3 rounds even before DasBrot changed the score, So i think the change was unneeded and not necessary.

The score should have been left at 5-5 to both sides.

Also DasBrot agree'd that this was a very valid point.

Versus

Quote from: DasBrot
"And now for the last time:
NO RESETS ON OWN BEHALF IF NO REFEREE IS ON THE MATCH.
EVEN IF BOTH REGIMENTS AGREE ON IT, WE DON'T CARE.

If anyone is ever resetting a round again we will cede Points as a penalty."

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6196 on: June 25, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »
I think because of the referee error the round should become void for both sides. 5-5. Both sides get a point although its a shame that it had come to this.

There was no error on my part. The argument is about the intervention of the organizer to void the round. At least that's the way I see it from the messages I have received from members of the 14e.

If you're looking for someone to blame then I understand the referee is the obvious first choice.

Offline Axiom

• Colonel
  • Gif King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: June 25, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »
6-4 for the Nr.24.

I won't start a useless drama but I'll just reclaim one round that has been stolen from us. The situation was really basic, we had to swapside and one of us took the wrong class. I asked for a reset and I didn't get it, so I did it myself. It wasn't inconvenient for the match and Use4Life said (with Bever agreement) that there was no problem. Then DasBrot came on the server and said the round was for Nr.24 which is really stupid in my opinion simply because the reset didn't change the outcome of the round (only a few seconds had passed) and he claimed the round for Nr.24 against the first decision of Use4Life.

Thanks and sorry for my english which is a bit lame.
Brot made a stupid decision

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6198 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »
Well. You canceled two of our rounds.

The first one was canceled for one shoot in charge, it killed one man. This is the rules, even if maybe in my opinion, one guy doesn't change nothing in a melee, but i can understand.

For the second round canceled, it was for the swap-side. We had a player who didn't have the time to take the good class, we asked for a reset. The referee didn't resetted the game, and prefered to slay one of our guy. WTF ?-1 player 30 sec after the beginning of the round. We resetted by ourself, and then they began to claim the round, for resetting after 30 sec. USE accepted the reset and didn't say nothing, after talked with Bever. Then DasBrot came and changed his decision, he canceled one of our round, for resetting... How can he just join the game and change a referee's decision ?

Last round, or the one before i don't remember, referee told both teams to move. We moved from our hill, and we got killed some players. The Nr.24 moved from the hill and came back to it. Is it moving ? And we run to them, but they stayed.

How can he be referee with not watching the game ? After he asked the score on the admin chat, is it serious ?

Offline Dottore

• Second Lieutenant
  • No, I am not Chinese Matty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Cpl_Matty
« Reply #6199 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:20 pm »
woah there's more drama here than in a bad soap opera

though I think this needs to be reiterated -
Not sure why there is so much hatred for USE, he didn't do anything  :'(

Offline Badsheep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • 14e Régiment d'Infanterie
  • Nick: 14e_SgtMj_Badsheep
« Reply #6200 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »
Are you serious

To things are in a conflict now:
My opinion of the decisions made in that linebattle:

In the rules it is clearly stated by Bever and DasBrot, A referee's decision is FINAL, After the decision is made it cannot be changed in the future, In game or on FSE. So i think that DasBrot coming into the server, changing a round which was 3 rounds even before DasBrot changed the score, So i think the change was unneeded and not necessary.

The score should have been left at 5-5 to both sides.

Also DasBrot agree'd that this was a very valid point.

Versus

Quote from: DasBrot
"And now for the last time:
NO RESETS ON OWN BEHALF IF NO REFEREE IS ON THE MATCH.
EVEN IF BOTH REGIMENTS AGREE ON IT, WE DON'T CARE.

If anyone is ever resetting a round again we will cede Points as a penalty."

The thing is Bever is that I didn't know this rules since it's not writed on the front page, secondly why Use4life didn't reset when we asked for ?
14e_SgtMj_Badsheep

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »
How can he be referee with not watching the game ? After he asked the score on the admin chat, is it serious ?

The sides had been swapped and the map reset multiple times. The game lasted well over an hour. I was talking with many people at the time who agreed it was 4-4 but I was only making sure to ensure that both teams were aware. Multiple members from your own regiment then tried to mislead me.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 25, 2014, 10:14:52 pm »
I agree with space on the behalf of brot. You have a word with use and bever after the game if you did not agree with it. To completely disregard the referees decision is MADNESS, and looks really suspicious and bias against the 14e. In other words you cocked up, you look bad and you should feel bad!

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:41 pm »
A referee not even knowing the score.

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
« Reply #6204 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:35 pm »
from seeing the posts on this thread makes me believe the referees are like footbal refs.
Well at least nobody got bitten here :P

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »
A referee not even knowing the score.

Did I not just clarify I was aware of the score and was ensuring that both teams were on the same page? Or am I reading ghost posts?

Offline Abekrampe

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Sgt_Abekrampe
« Reply #6206 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:18 pm »
I agree with space on the behalf of brot. You have a word with use and bever after the game if you did not agree with it. To completely disregard the referees decision is MADNESS, and looks really suspicious and bias against the 14e. In other words you cocked up, you look bad and you should feel bad!

I second this notion
Current Reg: 77y
Previous Reg: 77y
Future Reg: 77y.

Offline Harrier

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Pvt_Harrier
« Reply #6207 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:23 pm »
Refereeing, a thankless job at the best of times and a sponge for contempt at the worst of times. I thought Use conducted himself well in what wasn't the easiest line battle to adjudicate. As for the line battle itself, I feel for 14e especially after they were so far ahead but at the end of the day if it's been explicitly stated that participants can't reset rounds in the middle of the line battle then I don't really see how the blame can end up anywhere but 14e, I certainly feel the abuse hurtled towards the ref was uncalled for.

That said, Nr 24 were dangerously close to breaching the rule against camping in that last round I feel, I think 14e have a right to feel hard done by with that incident going seemingly ignored.

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
« Reply #6208 on: June 25, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »
Hai

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:15 pm »
Well like I said it should be either 6-4 14e or 5-5. As much as I applaud the Nr24 at times they did not deserve this win.