Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942548 times)

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #5790 on: June 17, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »
I love how no-one noticed that i became a referee

I think its more of a no-one cares tbh mate.
:(

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5791 on: June 17, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »

+1

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #5792 on: June 17, 2014, 06:29:36 pm »
Idiots will be idiots. And as long as such behaviour is tolerated by the regiment there is not gonna be any change, unfortunately.

Are you talking about yourself in third person Hadhod? No but more seriously. It's quite obvious that what's going on here is banter between Smyky and Zzethh, both are rather "banterous" people, and Zzethh hangs around TS. Things I am fairly sure you are aware of Hadhod.

Really, the only one behaving a bit badly is in fact you, because you are using a situation to slander people you dislike to further your personal agenda and your personal dislikes.

Smyky does raise a valid point though. The community is trying to maintain a standard of respectability etc. etc. but all it is is a thinly veiled license to hate eachother. Before people were more or less able to speak to eachother, and it wasn't always a perfectly polished response, but people still got along. Now people will throw a hissy fit about some banter in a match they were not even part of because it does not adhere to their personal code of conduct that they try to project onto the whole world. The irony being that these people will still protect their own and close ranks and protect their own when they do cross the line they themselves have set up.

For instance, Hadhod steaming about some regiments when his bro from the 92nd goes about belittling someone who is happy he made referee:

More importantly, I heard that the score between 92 and 17e got modified to 5-5. I think this is news that would warrant an explanation on the forum seeing that it's a first grade match. Also a part of the explanation is hilarious where the refs burden the 17e with the Nr.24 spectators presence and charge them with making sure that the specs are respectful. I mean, if the 92nd do really care that much, why cannot the 92nd just act themselves?

Offline John Cameron

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant-Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Gordon Highlanders Forum
  • Nick: John Cameron
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5793 on: June 17, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »
Spoiler
Idiots will be idiots. And as long as such behaviour is tolerated by the regiment there is not gonna be any change, unfortunately.

Are you talking about yourself in third person Hadhod? No but more seriously. It's quite obvious that what's going on here is banter between Smyky and Zzethh, both are rather "banterous" people, and Zzethh hangs around TS. Things I am fairly sure you are aware of Hadhod.

Really, the only one behaving a bit badly is in fact you, because you are using a situation to slander people you dislike to further your personal agenda and your personal dislikes.

Smyky does raise a valid point though. The community is trying to maintain a standard of respectability etc. etc. but all it is is a thinly veiled license to hate eachother. Before people were more or less able to speak to eachother, and it wasn't always a perfectly polished response, but people still got along. Now people will throw a hissy fit about some banter in a match they were not even part of because it does not adhere to their personal code of conduct that they try to project onto the whole world. The irony being that these people will still protect their own and close ranks and protect their own when they do cross the line they themselves have set up.

For instance, Hadhod steaming about some regiments when his bro from the 92nd goes about belittling someone who is happy he made referee:

More importantly, I heard that the score between 92 and 17e got modified to 5-5. I think this is news that would warrant an explanation on the forum seeing that it's a first grade match. Also a part of the explanation is hilarious where the refs burden the 17e with the Nr.24 spectators presence and charge them with making sure that the specs are respectful. I mean, if the 92nd do really care that much, why cannot the 92nd just act themselves?
[close]
The 17e shot 4 shouts in melee during the last rounds, 1 of which killed one of my best players and made a big gap. I asked Posh if we could replay the round due to the rule break but he did not wanted to which I understand fine. I think it was also due to the fact maybe that some of his guys had already left the server. He suggested I would take the matter of the rule break with a video to the organisers which we did. I hope that is explanation enough :)

Posh saw the video as well and assured me that it is totally fine if we contact the organisers about that break of rules. Happened 2-3 times during the LB but we usually won that rounds or in other cases no one was killed.

Small Edit: Big +1 for Posh for being so fair in the matter.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:15:30 pm by John Cameron »
Lieutenant-Colonel of the 92nd Regiment of Foot - Gordon Highlanders

Founded on the 28th September 2010

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #5794 on: June 17, 2014, 07:21:13 pm »
I think it was also due to the fact maybe that some of his guys had already left the server.

Nope, I was still there with my 200 ping  8)
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline John Cameron

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant-Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: June 17, 2014, 07:26:31 pm »
I think it was also due to the fact maybe that some of his guys had already left the server.

You would have won, we would not have dared to hurt you.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #5796 on: June 17, 2014, 07:29:34 pm »

You would have won, we would not have dared to hurt you.

Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #5797 on: June 17, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
I watched the match and it's ludicrous that 92nd got given a round back. I only saw 1 fire in the charge shot actually hit a player, the rest were misses. None the FiC affected the results of rounds meaningfully at all anyway. 92nd lost the LB fair and square.

Furthermore, I've got chat logs with Posh (I have his permission to post), which shows patently that NWL organisers have not made an effort to prove to him or to anyone else how the rulebreaking affected the round:

[17e] Posh: They got given it
[17e] Posh: They wouldn't take my arguement
[17e] Posh: That was what i said
[17e] Posh: but it didn't matter to bever
[Nr.24] Evanovic: what evidence was there for it affecting the round
[17e] Posh: I hope I can take you by word if you say you respect any decision. The score will be 5-5, after the last round. I think this shooting out of formation was not on purpose, but it was even a rulebreak. For the next matches try also to keep specs of the server if they are insulting or trolling (Nr24 specs in this case) and tell your guys to watch their language. Good Luck for the rest of the season. :)
[17e] Posh: Thats all he said to me
[17e] Posh: Hasn't replied yet about how it wouldn't have effected the round

This league is beyond a joke really if that paragraph above is the sole written reasoning for awarding a round to 92nd. There have been many rulebreaks, many times by many regiments in many matches. It was not the case though that rounds could be arbitrarily awarded for any old rulebreak, I think it's the understanding of everyone that you only award rounds if the rulebreak heavily affected the result of the round.

I'm really losing faith in the competition the more that rounds are awarded in such an underhand way without evidence based justification.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:46:44 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline John Cameron

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant-Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
I watched the match and it's ludicrous that 92nd got given a round back. I only saw 1 fire in the charge shot actually hit a player, the rest were misses. None the FiC affected the results of rounds meaningfully at all anyway. 92nd lost the LB fair and square.
4 shots only in the last round FiC. One killed. Want a video? :) Contact me.

Anyway. 92nd (8) : (2) 22nd

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:02 pm »
4 shots only in the last round FiC. One killed. Want a video? :) Contact me.

And that's justification for awarding a whole round? You lost 1 player from a FiC, yet it was a 35 vs 35 LB pretty much. This is totally out of proportion, other regiments do not get awarded rounds for that sort of thing.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Offline Kleist

• Brigadier General
  • (Kleister96) Former 8Lr and 92nd Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: June 17, 2014, 08:55:08 pm »
FiC is still a rulkebreack, doesnt matter if its effecting the round or not. They FiC 1 or 2 rounds before and we didnt complain about anything, so i think its our right to claim the last round. On the other hand it the match as a whole was very balanced and i think a 5-5 is a good result.

Anyway. 92nd ( 8 ) : (2) 22nd

Offline Kilidath

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: June 17, 2014, 09:00:03 pm »
95th 7 - 3 18th. Insane shooting 18th bravo :) great sports men.

Thank you Bever for Refing
Colonel 95th Regiment of Foot, Rifle, Light and Arty

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: June 17, 2014, 09:04:44 pm »
95th 7 - 3 18th. Insane shooting 18th bravo :) great sports men.

Thank you Bever for Refing
well done 95th, doing well!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »
FiC is still a rulkebreack, doesnt matter if its effecting the round or not.

It is a rulebreak, but you don't see regiments getting awarded a round for every minor rulebreak do you? The severity of the rulebreak is what sets the precedent for giving a round, and the severity is how much it affected the result of the round. 1 FiC death in a 35 vs 35 LB? That's nothing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:08:24 pm by Evanovic »

Offline John Cameron

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant-Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: June 17, 2014, 09:09:25 pm »
On the flipside, if this is a trend to consistently start enforcing stuff more harshly and fairly then it's a good sign.

Why making such a fuss? I think rules should be enforced for each and everyone. It is not only one kill, if 4 people still fire in melee it causes a lot of confusion. People try to get away there to not getting shot as well and a gap arises. If people watched the match they should have noticed that we won most of the rounds in melee as our shooting was quite bad. Many of the rounds even outnumbered. So I think the effect of the overall FiC and the kill can decide a round.