Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942565 times)

Offline Enix

• First Lieutenant
  • Ordre 66
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 75e_Cpt_Lavoignet_Lucien
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2955 on: February 14, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »
Why don't put a referee ?
#TeamMacAaron
Proud Ex-Sergent/Captain of the 75e.
EnixBest1vs1LeaderFr

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2956 on: February 14, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »
Some people might feel as if they were being treated like a kid. :c

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2957 on: February 14, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »
Why don't put a referee ?

Because everyone will rage at them instead of us then.

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #2958 on: February 14, 2014, 10:56:49 pm »
Well shooting is part of the game, so you got to deal with it somehow.

This was not shooting, its hiding behind a hill at spawn waiting for us 100% of the time, we also tested the theory of if we did the same would they move out, 30mins later.. .NOPE left face move out.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:58:52 pm by Heist »

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #2959 on: February 14, 2014, 10:58:27 pm »
Well shooting is part of the game, so you got to deal with it somehow.

This was not shooting, its hiding behind a hill at spawn waiting for us 100% of the time, we also tested the theory of if we did the same would they move out, 30mins later.. .NOPE left face move out.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »
It was not exactly anything we could do to stop this from happening. The hill was right on their spawn and they chose over 20+ maps to get one which benefited them greatly, which in my opinion is complete bullshit.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: February 14, 2014, 11:26:10 pm »
ok
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2962 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2963 on: February 14, 2014, 11:54:57 pm »
Pussying out of the league after one bad LB seems a bit extreme in my opinion. Do you think you are the only ones experiencing camping? Would be nice if people have some spine instead of withdrawing after the first negative experience.

Though I can understand your rage (as it is nothing else). Of course it gets annoying, if the enemy keeps on camping, but it is a valid tactic as shooting is a part of this game aswell. If people are not as good in melee as in shooting, why would they risk losing only to give the enemy more fun? You should understand your opponents aswell.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #2964 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:19 am »
Yeah our score is already fucked enough with the fact we've only played 3 NWL matches so far that have counted for anything. The rest are all 0-0s

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #2965 on: February 15, 2014, 01:36:56 am »
an hour round lasted for 30 minutes itself.

emm, wat  ???

In regards to this camping stuff, there are advantages to camping and disadvantages, as a commander you need to find a way that takes advantage of that and take action according to that. In addition this league also makes the commander make a strategic decision around maps. 

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: February 15, 2014, 03:24:22 am »
Pussying out of the league after one bad LB seems a bit extreme in my opinion. Do you think you are the only ones experiencing camping? Would be nice if people have some spine instead of withdrawing after the first negative experience.

Though I can understand your rage (as it is nothing else). Of course it gets annoying, if the enemy keeps on camping, but it is a valid tactic as shooting is a part of this game aswell. If people are not as good in melee as in shooting, why would they risk losing only to give the enemy more fun? You should understand your opponents aswell.

1) It's not pussying out of the league. If a team wishes to leave cause they don't agree with some rules that are currently ongoing then that is their decision, not "pussying"
2) It's not the first time.
3) If you think camping behind a hill for 30 minutes (accurate time estimation) is fun then you need to go find a new hobby.

I personally don't mind camping its easy to overcome if you are on the opposing side, but when the enemy team toggles through about 20+ maps to find one which will fuck us over (Admitted by them) is fair? We spawned at the bottom of a hill that was impossible to get around or up on top of it for a charge. Each time we moved we lost at least 3 men per volley (Only having 20 that is heavy loses) there was no physical way of us getting up that hill and for us to choose an equal sided map and for them to find one that fucks us over is cowardliness and complete bullshit, and quite frankly shouldn't be allowed.

P.S there is a difference between rage and annoyed, there are to many EU regiments and yes mainly EU. That have become mass hiding behind hills and volleying then running back behind. Yes its a legitimate tactic and there is no argument against that it works. I'm just stating that there is no individuality to regiments anymore.

92nd have their own way of formations, there own way of commanding, there own skill levels. Which makes them probably the best regiment out there at the moment (with a few contenders) but can you say the same for most regiments now? The decision to leave NWL is not yet confirmed as we have talked it over and it was a bit of a quick decision, so i would just like to add that a regiment leaving cause the members are not having any fun is not "pussying" but actually caring if our members are having fun whilst in the regiment. Thanks.

I would also like to note that this was not for a big complaint spree on the thread again, but where else am i meant to put my questions and complaints when i have no NWL guy on steam. Its part of the reason the threads here?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:54:09 am by Jabam »

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: February 15, 2014, 03:41:58 am »
an hour round lasted for 30 minutes itself.

emm, wat  ???

In regards to this camping stuff, there are advantages to camping and disadvantages, as a commander you need to find a way that takes advantage of that and take action according to that. In addition this league also makes the commander make a strategic decision around maps.

You didn't see the map. We won some rounds quite effectively by camping our selves for one or two rounds, we care for our members "fun" in the regiment and if they are completely miserable whilst playing then i think we have failed as a "GAMING COMMUNITY". (22nd enjoy melee - 22nd don't get melee - 22nd are sad likkle bbe's = sad murphy) You may do it differently and play to win. Hell i enjoy winning as the next guy, you and hadhod may know i get extremely competitive but i think we would much rather enjoy an event then win it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:51:45 am by Jabam »

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2968 on: February 15, 2014, 08:27:23 am »
Yeah our score is already fucked enough with the fact we've only played 3 NWL matches so far that have counted for anything. The rest are all 0-0s

In the long run this change nothing, as you got more matches where you can get points from than other regiments.
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2969 on: February 15, 2014, 11:12:56 am »

That's a bit rich coming from you, since you were one of the people saying that everyone should be honourable etc. When this rule was being discussed ex ante and I warned everyone about what sort of behaviour the mappicking rule promotes.

For the 22nd, I fully agree with you about the rule being a steaming pile of excrements. The tournament has huge problems in the rules and the way rules are enforced would not even resemble fair even after extensive plastic surgery. However, it had/has one redeeming feature and that is that it has brought the community together into a single competitive event. And as such I suggest to you to be patient through-out this season and giving the organizers a chanse to rectify their mistakes.