Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 943517 times)

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2715 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:36 pm »
18th was disqualified for insulting and racism. Both points aren't in NWL rules, but nobody was crying or complaining. Now a single player is just banned for 4 matches and everyone has to discuss about the discussion we made. Tell me the sense?
Also the video won't be posted. It's Spartan's and they said they don't want to share it everywhere.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2716 on: February 05, 2014, 11:09:34 pm »
I wouldn't want a video of myself shared if it was humiliating either. Kudos on that one.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2717 on: February 05, 2014, 11:16:13 pm »
18th was disqualified for insulting and racism. Both points aren't in NWL rules, but nobody was crying or complaining. Now a single player is just banned for 4 matches and everyone has to discuss about the discussion we made. Tell me the sense?
Also the video won't be posted. It's Spartan's and they said they don't want to share it everywhere.

I feel bad for the 18th, and I should have spoken up for them at the time. But ultimately that one is also on you for not including it in the rules and then going about banning them.

It's not your place to be the feeling police of the internet. I understand that you are not an arena of free speech and abuse hurling, but, by not stipulating rules in order to make that so you have left yourself liable to some heated word being thrown around. Learn from that mistake and change it for the next season, do not take it out over people who have not broken the rules. It's high time you stopped acting on your feelings and started interpreting your rules.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:20:17 pm by Hekko »

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2718 on: February 05, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »
Sorry Hekko but your arguing is just getting even more ridiculous. So you even would defend Racism if it's not in the rules? I expected better from someone with your intelligence.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:17 pm »
Decision is decision.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2720 on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:29 pm »
Sorry Hekko but your arguing is just getting even more ridiculous. So you even would defend Racism if it's not in the rules? I expected better from someone with your intelligence.

I am not defending racism. I think it should be in the rules, it isn't though, which means that you have to tolerate it in order to be fair. You're no better than the racists if you are willing to throw away the rules just to get at a group that you dislike. After all, that is exactly the same thing racists are arguing.

Decision is decision.

How eloquently argued.

So far the reasoning behind your actions is: we did wrong before, so it's okay if we do wrong here. And this brilliant tautology (and circular argument).

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2721 on: February 05, 2014, 11:31:24 pm »
No you don't have to tolerate racism because it's not written in the rules. It is bloody common sense to not write "Gas all the Jews" and "Hitler did nothing wrong" in a game or anywhere else. The same goes for insulting. If you want to call other people "cunts" you can't expect to face no consequences.

On a side not, Nutty is at most average among your members, you will have no problem to substitute him. I don't see why you are making such a fuss out of one member rightfully being banned. It's not like your whole Regiment got disqualified for that.

You always say everyone is responsible for his own actions. Nutty chose to insult, hence he gets banned. If he has a problem with that he sould sort it out himself according to your statements.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:52 pm »
Thanks Hadhod, you're my hero :3

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #2723 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »
I am with Hadhod on this one, although I would add the rule "No insulting, no racism and no discrimination" just to prevent this "It is not in the rules so you cannot act against it" discussion
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:44:24 pm by MrSt3fan »

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2724 on: February 05, 2014, 11:39:19 pm »
Decision is decision.

Bever, your league is new.
There are going to be problems with it, deal with it. You can argue all day on here, trying to hide the flaws, that is not going to change anything.
There will just be more occasions where these loopholes can be abused.
Welcome critique, don't blank it.

@Hadhod, How is his ban just, when there is no rule against his actions?
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:02 pm »
The way this situation was handled was absolutely contemptible and all rules, regardless of however obvious they may seem, should be made clear for all participants to see so that they may act accordingly and that those who get offended can rest easy knowing that their less desirable qualities will not be ridiculed by other players.

Minor amendments won't harm anyone.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:08 pm »
If you insult on most types of normal official servers you would most likely receive a ban from the server admin (In most cases ain't displayed in the rules of the server either.) Why should an organised period of events be any different?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:42:30 pm by Jabam »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2727 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »
No this is from  Pig getting banned. I think your complaint got washed away Jammo xD

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 05, 2014, 11:42:52 pm »
No this is from  Pig getting banned. I think your complaint got washed away Jammo xD

Yea realized just edited it xD

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #2729 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:46 pm »
I am with Hadhod on this one, although I would add the rule "No insulting, no racism and no discrimination" just to prevent this "It is not in the rulea so you cannot act against it" discussion

Please do because it is not really common sense, because the internet is full of it and the kind of language that has been punished for in Nutty's case is commonplace on the internet and in causal real life anyway. An example can be seen by just going onto an average NA server where you'll see the n-word bandied about trivially, as commonly as the word 'hi' or 'lol'. Rules have to be introduced in order to curb that, it's not 'common sense' otherwise.

Also, directed to the organisers; it's not so much a concern about there being actual rules though, I support rules for this kind of thing if they're clear, but I have more of a problem with you punishing for a rule violation retrospectively. It is obvious the rule has been brought in to stop confusion, so why then does Nutty get punished if it was an issue of confusion? Are all potential offenders ignorant to 'common sense' deserving of a 4 match ban from this point onwards? I will honestly say that I would have been tempted to say the f-word on one or two occasions, being the human being that I am, so should I also get a 4 match ban because I'm too stupid to recognise common sense? Are you punishing on a morality basis? Are you doing this on behalf of the defendant's feelings, because that just shows your emotional bias towards the Spartans and ought not to fill anyone with confidence of your impartiality as a tournament adjudicator. I sincerely hope it was a lapse of judgement and not that..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:55:45 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC