Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 943469 times)

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2745 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:19 am »
Spoiler
Bydand.
Thanks. I wish you that, too  :)

Is true. :c

It's a shame, though. This does seem like a minority going out of the way to spoil it for someone else simply because they've been humiliated. It wouldn't be the first time, either, nor will it be the last.
I'd say it's the opposite. There is a minority that wants to keep on insulting and calling others names and wants to do that on cost of the others who are mature enough to not do something like that. The only ones complaining once again are - who would have guessed - the Nr.24. Oh no I forgot, it's not the Nr.24 as a whole, it's only some inidividuals, my bad.
[close]
That last point is actually true. I've argued against other Nr24s. ;)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2746 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:56 am »
I know  :)

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2747 on: February 06, 2014, 12:26:26 am »
1) Many rules are superflous in that case, since they are not process related. Or contrary to common sense, 1 man advantage is ok?!

2) How narrowminded of you Hadhod. People eat with sticks in asia, and with the help of their hands and bread in other parts of the world. And appearantly it's cool to eat off other peoples plates in north africa in the cultural training thing I did recently. All of thse practices majorly violate western european common sense, yet still seem very sensible for the people themselves. Hell even such a thing as wearing shoes indoors is something that is common sense driven but different for everyone.

3) I don't deny it's existance, I am however not naive enough to believe that my brand of common sense can be extrapolated as universal and therefore be accepted instead of rules and law. Yes I have a carte blanche clause in the GFT rules with common sense, but that is there to stop multiple abuses of the same loophole, not hurt people retroactively. As well as when it comes to determining how the rules are to be interpreted (i.e. no punishment for firing in the air for instance).

Please do adress the thing I said about bydand.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:40:09 am by Hekko »

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: February 06, 2014, 12:27:46 am »
I'd say it's the opposite. There is a minority that wants to keep on insulting and calling others names and wants to do that on cost of the others who are mature enough to not do something like that. The only ones complaining once again are - who would have guessed - the Nr.24. Oh no I forgot, it's not the Nr.24 as a whole, it's only some inidividuals, my bad.

Possibly; however you're speaking as if you'd expect better of NuttyPig. I'll still stand by my point that the Spurtens were just as capable as muting him as Nutty was keeping his trap shut; regardless of whether or not his comments were directed at them.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: February 06, 2014, 12:41:24 am »
1) Many rules are superflous in that case, since they are not process related. Or contrary to common sense, 1 man advantage is ok?!

2) How narrowminded of you Hadhod. People eat with sticks in asia, and with the help of their hands and bread in other parts of the world. And appearantly it's cool to eat off other peoples plates in north africa in the cultural training thing I did recently. All of thse practices majorly violate western european common sense, yet still seem very sensible for the people themselves. Hell even such a thing as wearing shoes indoors is something that is common sense driven but different for everyone.

3) I don't deny it's existance, I am however not naive enough to believe that my brand of common sense can be extrapolated as universal and therefore be accepted instead of rules and law. Yes I have a carte blanche clause in the GFT rules with common sense, but that is there to stop multiple abuses of the same loophole, not hurt people retroactively.

1) Yes because regiments who have the ability to bring superiour numbers should be rewarded for being active in recruiting and keeping a good attendance, while maintaining quality.
2) I am sorry, but I think 99% of the people involved in this league are from the western world. Furthermore it was only an example. If you wish to start a thread about eating habits of Asians or Africans the Off-Topic section is the right place for you. Please refrain from twisting my words around as you like to do it often.
3) Well to prevent people from exploiting loopholes in this very league common sense should be used. I am not saying my ideal of how this incident should have been handled is the universally correct answer. I do believe however that my view is just to most people and does not favor a minority as your choice of interpretation would suggest.

Alright then here we go. The "Bydand" issue is seen as trolling by members of the 92nd as it was spread in the community by our ex members like Daniel, Megaberna or Svensson when they left/were kicked from our regiment. Their intentions using this word were clear from the very beginning: To annoy us.
If 92nd members use the phrase we mean it. You can call us nerdy or whatever to indentify ourselves with the regiment we are members of. If people who are known for having difficult relations with us use it, they do not mean it.
Hope that cleared some things up, tried to cut myself short.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #2750 on: February 06, 2014, 12:44:33 am »

Wow, slander if I ever saw it.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: February 06, 2014, 12:46:11 am »

Wow, slander if I ever saw it.
Do you see anyone else here complaining about not being allowed to randomly insult people? Just stating facts.  ;)

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:14 am »
Do you see anyone else here complaining about not being allowed to randomly insult people? Just stating facts.  ;)

Well the argument turns on its head, if you accept that you're insulting Nr.24 as a whole then perhaps you should go ask for your 4 match ban.

Slander is more specific than insult though, you're making sweeping comments about the Nr.24 collective based on the Nutty incident, that's called libel. That's probably deserving of a rule too if this is the way we're going with rules.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:55:11 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 06, 2014, 12:54:11 am »
Damn, how did I insult the Nr.24 here? By saying you are complaining again? Or by saying that you are the only ones against a punishment for an insult?

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: February 06, 2014, 01:05:06 am »
Damn, how did I insult the Nr.24 here? By saying you are complaining again? Or by saying that you are the only ones against a punishment for an insult?

You didn't, as I said slandering is different, it's up to you if you view it as an insult, to your own demise given the new rules. To the point, you are borderline slandering us as a collective off a premise solely off Nutty's actions. As has been said, we do not defend Nutty's maturity or condone his words. It is disingenuous that you're branding our defence of the principles or rules and law as a defence of Nutty's position. We just don't see retroactive punishment as being logical at all, and I would defend this if any other regiments befell this situation, 3rdFG is an example of a regiment that I have defended irrespective to my relationship with them, out of pure principle in one of the older controversial NWL incidents.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:17:11 am by Evanovic »

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
« Reply #2755 on: February 06, 2014, 01:11:36 am »

3) I don't deny it's existance, I am however not naive enough to believe that my brand of common sense can be extrapolated as universal and therefore be accepted instead of rules and law. Yes I have a carte blanche clause in the GFT rules with common sense, but that is there to stop multiple abuses of the same loophole, not hurt people retroactively.

1) Yes because regiments who have the ability to bring superiour numbers should be rewarded for being active in recruiting and keeping a good attendance, while maintaining quality.
2) I am sorry, but I think 99% of the people involved in this league are from the western world. Furthermore it was only an example. If you wish to start a thread about eating habits of Asians or Africans the Off-Topic section is the right place for you. Please refrain from twisting my words around as you like to do it often.
3) Well to prevent people from exploiting loopholes in this very league common sense should be used. I am not saying my ideal of how this incident should have been handled is the universally correct answer. I do believe however that my view is just to most people and does not favor a minority as your choice of interpretation would suggest.

Alright then here we go. The "Bydand" issue is seen as trolling by members of the 92nd as it was spread in the community by our ex members like Daniel, Megaberna or Svensson when they left/were kicked from our regiment. Their intentions using this word were clear from the very beginning: To annoy us.
If 92nd members use the phrase we mean it. You can call us nerdy or whatever to indentify ourselves with the regiment we are members of. If people who are known for having difficult relations with us use it, they do not mean it.
Hope that cleared some things up, tried to cut myself short.

1) Hardly fair play though. Common sense would dictate even numbers, you can make an argument for the other state of affairs of course.

2) I merly illustrated how common sense varies with an example you yourself brought up. There are differences between western europeans as well. Time keeping norms between german and french people for instance. And these are just cultural level differences, you can go down to smaller and smaller groups.

3) So it's okay to screw people over people because they are a minority? Seems like the kind of thinking that many not so very nice groups are adopting as their trademark. Also, if you hold that belief (without any real basis) could it not be possible, if not very probable that Nutty would hold the same perception bias. In which case you are punishinf him because he has done exactly the same thing as you. The adding of the rule is a separate issue from nutty though. By all means create the rule to put end to confusion, but do NOT apply it retroactively.

So the case could in fact be that people are bona fide using it as a sign of respect towards you, and you brand them as trolls? This here is my issue with you notion that common (your) common sense is great. You assume that you always know what the other person is thinking. It stands to reason that most people, except those who have a beef that you mentioned, are using it to salute your historical dedication, not to troll you. Not to mention that you are doing the fundamental error of applying rules differently to different people.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2756 on: February 06, 2014, 01:16:01 am »
Well retrospectivness (is that even a word?) is a feature of the English system and it seems to work fine. It is one of the key features of judicial precedent. (Criminal and Civil).

Edit: Reje on the prowl [cue semi-dramatic musical]

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2757 on: February 06, 2014, 01:17:18 am »
Ohhhh my god

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
« Reply #2758 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:14 am »
Well retrospectivness (is that even a word?) is a feature of the English system and it seems to work fine. It is one of the key features of judicial precedent. (Criminal and Civil).

Edit: Reje on the prowl [shivers]

Actually, retroactivity of laws is generally forbidden or de facto forbidden in most civilized countries constitutions.

Offline Griff

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Griff
« Reply #2759 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:53 am »
Please, if you're going to argue about nuttys ban then do so, but at the moment you are barely even arguing about the ban.. And even so, nothing new can really be added to the said argument, the organisers have given there view and reasons, you have argued the same point over and over and nothing has been gained (apart from numerous pages of spam)

Back on topic, gg to the 14e and 7te, was a very entertaining match to watch :)