Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 935518 times)

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2655 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »
Hey guys would like to make a complaint about the SD Russian regiment who refused to follow simple rules such as Firing in melee and firing in charge. I will admit there could of been 1 round where we fired while in melee accidentally but no casualties to the enemy team were taken. Their excuse for firing in charge and in melee was simply "Because we did it" Now i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure that is a few minus points. We also received some insults directed towards the regiment after trying to enforce rules. Lastly which was the least of our problems was the spacing in between their line that majority of rounds were not filled.

Picture evidence of the false gap filling. (As you can see by the kill feed it was not a vicious volley that simply destroyed their line yet they continue to stand their and almost skirmish us)
Spoiler
[close]

Pls no copyright my pic Jammo xox

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2656 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »
Spoiler
Hey guys would like to make a complaint about the SD Russian regiment who refused to follow simple rules such as Firing in melee and firing in charge. I will admit there could of been 1 round where we fired while in melee accidentally but no casualties to the enemy team were taken. Their excuse for firing in charge and in melee was simply "Because we did it" Now i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure that is a few minus points. We also received some insults directed towards the regiment after trying to enforce rules. Lastly which was the least of our problems was the spacing in between their line that majority of rounds were not filled.

Picture evidence of the false gap filling. (As you can see by the kill feed it was not a vicious volley that simply destroyed their line yet they continue to stand their and almost skirmish us)
Spoiler
[close]

[close]
I would suggest that you gather more evidence.
All you have is one picture that shows a large gap with dead bodies filling the empty area. That pic could just of been taken after a volley.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »
I agree more pics should of been taken at the time but we were trying to win not make complaints on the forums, yes it was our mistake for not getting more screenshots.
I do not really wish for any regiment to get minus points in NWL, If their is nothing you can do with the lack of evidence i wish for at least a friendly warning.
And for them being the most disciplined is a joke, any regiment that replies with "Its because you did it" Is neither mature or disciplined
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:02:57 pm by Jabam »

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
« Reply #2658 on: February 05, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
I would suggest that you gather more evidence.
All you have is one picture that shows a large gap with dead bodies filling the empty area. That pic could just of been taken after a volley.
As you can see in the last 10 or so seconds we had not got a kill or it would have come up on the killfeed. Therefore it shows that they did NOT form up after the gaps were made.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2659 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:47 pm »
I agree more pics should of been taken at the time but we were trying to win not make complaints on the forums. Yes it was our mistake for not getting more screenshots.

I do not really wish for any regiment to get minus points in NWL. If their is nothing you can do with the lack of evidence i wish for at least a friendly warning.
Hey I'm not criticizing or anything :) . It just a stupid habit ive got from studying law all day.

I'm sure you could get hold of server logs, that would show the insults and the timings of the deaths that were caused by fire in charge/melee. If the deaths from etc, were in-between melee kills then it would show rule breaking.

Offline ztree

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_Finlay_MacNab
« Reply #2660 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »
78th vs IR21
    - 8 : 2 -
gg

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2661 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »
'Insulting' does not give any sort of decent justification for Nutty being unable to participate with his regiment in the NWL I'm afraid I must accuse anyone that gets insulted over a video game as rather feeble and decrepit, which if you want to relentlessly relate everything to sports, it is an axiom that perpetual whiners should stay out of the real stuff and sit on the back benches.
I have no clue what went on but wouldn't you say that insulting anywhere is wrong? Sure this is a video game but does that give you permission to act anyway else than you would with people you actually meet. After reading the post about the death of Alan I would have thought that people might be more aware of the fact that there is an actual person sitting behind each character you meet in game. As tempting as it seems to want to break common courtesis because you are less likely to be held accountable on the internet. It is still as wrong as it would be anywhere else.

Banter is fine, especially if you know the people well, but insulting isn't. However, I do agree that a group should not be held accountable for the actions of individuals. Yet punishing an individual for insulting I do see as something that should be done. As for Nutty, I don't know what he did but I know he likes pushing people's buttons but even as someone who likes him, I think that if he does insult he should not be given a free pass.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »
I agree more pics should of been taken at the time but we were trying to win not make complaints on the forums. Yes it was our mistake for not getting more screenshots.

I do not really wish for any regiment to get minus points in NWL. If their is nothing you can do with the lack of evidence i wish for at least a friendly warning.
Hey I'm not criticizing or anything :) . It just a stupid habit ive got from studying law all day.

I'm sure you could get hold of server logs, that would show the insults and the timings of the deaths that were caused by fire in charge/melee. If the deaths from etc, were in-between melee kills then it would show rule breaking.

If someone wishes to go through the logs and find this evidence then be my guest, But i am simply not that arsed to do so but the regiment members felt cheated out of this victory. This is why NWL should have referees.

Offline Moskito

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: February 05, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »
GF you put on there 14e  8) it went like I was expecting it to be

You highly deserved the win
Bagins: In terms of who I wouldnt like to play, Germany, they're cancer and bring the game down.

Offline Badsheep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • 14e Régiment d'Infanterie
  • Nick: 14e_SgtMj_Badsheep
« Reply #2664 on: February 05, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »
9-1 for the 14e, gg it was a great linebattle !  ;D
14e_SgtMj_Badsheep

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:11 pm »
GG 14e  :-*

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2666 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:43 pm »
Video of 17e v Nr7 will be uploaded tonight. Gg 17e (Sorry for my shit PC making the vid lag xD).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:15:29 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #2667 on: February 05, 2014, 09:14:40 pm »
Video of 17e v Nr24 will be uploaded tonight. Gg 17e (Sorry for my shit PC making the vid lag xD).

Yeah, that was a good game, 17e vs Nr24...
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2668 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:26 pm »
I have no clue what went on but wouldn't you say that insulting anywhere is wrong? Sure this is a video game but does that give you permission to act anyway else than you would with people you actually meet. After reading the post about the death of Alan I would have thought that people might be more aware of the fact that there is an actual person sitting behind each character you meet in game. As tempting as it seems to want to break common courtesis because you are less likely to be held accountable on the internet. It is still as wrong as it would be anywhere else.

Banter is fine, especially if you know the people well, but insulting isn't. However, I do agree that a group should not be held accountable for the actions of individuals. Yet punishing an individual for insulting I do see as something that should be done. As for Nutty, I don't know what he did but I know he likes pushing people's buttons but even as someone who likes him, I think that if he does insult he should not be given a free pass.

Pushing peoples buttons isn't really quite the same as insulting. Also, while insulting is bad there is the quick fix of muting the offender. Secondly, the integrity of the rules and the tournament is more important than some Spartan Officers feelings here (especially since he could have acted maturely and just muted Nutty if he was being unbearable), since there isn't a rule against it you cannot really punish someone for it. The rule could be changed, perhaps it should be changed, personally I don't think so I think people in the community should grow up and grow thicker skins about this kind of stuff, and if someone becomes unbearable you have the last resort of muting them.

I agree, it would be better if everything was sorted politely, but I'd rather risk some insults than having the organizers decide outcomes because someone isn't mature enough to use mute.

As Vorlen and Evan have said, it's not the place of this tournament to be the feelings police of the community.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2669 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:53 pm »
Video of 17e v Nr24 will be uploaded tonight. Gg 17e (Sorry for my shit PC making the vid lag xD).

Yeah, that was a good game, 17e vs Nr24...
Cause I was talking to one of you on Steam I miss typed it. :(
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.