Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 950595 times)

MagicTeatowel

Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2640 on: February 05, 2014, 08:33:08 pm »
Where is the rule about insulting? I can't seem to find it.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2641 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »
Where is the rule about insulting? I can't seem to find it.

There isn't one, which would be the issue at hand.

Offline J o k e r

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd Cpl Wolkan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2642 on: February 05, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »
match starts now :D

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2643 on: February 05, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
so in a way you could call this league "E-sports".

E-sports are something else entirely, e.g. Starcraft II, Dota II, LoL, etc. To qualify as an e-sport you also require industry backing, be it from a publisher, developer or software/hardware provider.
Oh dear, well alright than I won't call it sports anymore. The point still stands though, insulting kills the fun for the insulted side. I understand that insulting is fun if you are the one insulting but those things have nothing to do in a competive league.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:20 pm »
Fair point, however I'll have to contradict you; it's already been made clear that a mute button is in-game, and that all it takes is one click for the issue to be resolved. Now, assuming that the Spartan's aren't brain dead then the solution was clear from the start.

If there wasn't a mute button, I would agree with you completely though.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 05, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »
No. That is not correct. In the same way I could argue, the person insulting could just refrain from insulting in the first place as long as they aren't "brain dead". The solution is clear from the start indeed: Don't start insulting in the first place, than we wouldn't have this discussion in the first place.

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »
Wait, I did not read the last 20 pages of discussion about minor things, but is the last topic: Is insulting ok?

Is that really a question?

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #2647 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »
8:2 for the 17e, was a good match, but we doesnt have that tactics and teamplay in melee :(

Offline Posh

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • i can help col posh out with anything
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Lt_Posh
« Reply #2648 on: February 05, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »
^^
Shame there were a few rule breaks on both teams but at least we were able to fairly deal with them at the match  :D
Previously: 2ndCSG Major - 17e Colonel - 22nd Serjeant - 1Lhr Leutnant - 78th Lance Corporal

Offline Sir Henri

• Donator
  • Killbox. Steam: sirhenri13
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Henri
« Reply #2649 on: February 05, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »
Than you for your fair play and this really nice lb 17e. Hope you will win this league  :)
Das schönste aller Geheimnisse: Ein Genie zu sein und es als einziger zu wissen.

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
« Reply #2650 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:37 pm »
8:2 for the 17e, was a good match, but we doesnt have that tactics and teamplay in melee :(

GG !
Good luck for your next match !  :)

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:56 pm »
Hey guys would like to make a complaint about the SD Russian regiment who refused to follow simple rules such as Firing in melee and firing in charge. I will admit there could of been 1 round where we fired while in melee accidentally but no casualties to the enemy team were taken. Their excuse for firing in charge and in melee was simply "Because we did it" Now i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure that is a few minus points. We also received some insults directed towards the regiment after trying to enforce rules. Lastly which was the least of our problems was the spacing in between their line that majority of rounds were not filled.

Picture evidence of the false gap filling. (As you can see by the kill feed it was not a vicious volley that simply destroyed their line yet they continue to stand their and almost skirmish us)
Spoiler
[close]

I believe the 5-5 Draw between 22nd and SD were greatly affected by the number of rule breaks. Cheers for your time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:56:18 pm by Jabam »

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:03 pm »
Wait, I did not read the last 20 pages of discussion about minor things, but is the last topic: Is insulting ok?

Is that really a question?
For some people it apparently is  ::)

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:43 pm »
'Insulting' does not give any sort of decent justification for Nutty being unable to participate with his regiment in the NWL I'm afraid I must accuse anyone that gets insulted over a video game as rather feeble and decrepit, which if you want to relentlessly relate everything to sports, it is an axiom that perpetual whiners should stay out of the real stuff and sit on the back benches.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2654 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:06 pm »
Hey guys would like to make a complaint about the SD Russian regiment who refused to follow simple rules such as Firing in melee and firing in charge. I will admit there could of been 1 round where we fired while in melee accidentally but no casualties to the enemy team were taken. Their excuse for firing in charge and in melee was simply "Because we did it" Now i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure that is a few minus points. We also received some insults directed towards the regiment after trying to enforce rules. Lastly which was the least of our problems was the spacing in between their line that majority of rounds were not filled.

Picture evidence of the false gap filling. (As you can see by the kill feed it was not a vicious volley that simply destroyed their line yet they continue to stand their and almost skirmish us)
Spoiler
[close]

The SD were the most disciplined regiment we've had the pleasure of fighting so far in League 3. They were really friendly and followed all the rules impeccably.