Author Topic: Bullet drop  (Read 19464 times)

Offline Tango

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bullet Drop
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »
There's no bullet drop, the bullet travles in a cone shape so it spreads out and is less and les acurate as it gos further.

Offline TheSamuraiOfNapoleon

• Private
  • Professional Pistol Sniper
    • View Profile
    • www.TheXI.enjin.com
  • Nick: [44th]Pte_Samurai
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »
At any given time, you have a 20% chance of hitting the target inside the reticle

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »
Random number generator to go with your random hypothesis generator?

To clarify, standing point blank in front of someone who isn't moving apparently 80% of the time I will miss. Yet put someone the opposite side of the map I have a 20% chance to hit?
Don't think so some how.

Offline The Respected Man

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The_Respected_Man
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »
I believe there is no bullet drop.
There's no bullet drop.
Download this mod http://www.mediafire.com/?fqth42xqt9cqsbf Makes bullets 2000% bigger. Play around with it and you will find that bullet drop does exist.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »
I believe there is no bullet drop.
There's no bullet drop.
Download this mod http://www.mediafire.com/?fqth42xqt9cqsbf Makes bullets 2000% bigger. Play around with it and you will find that bullet drop does exist.
Didn't Blobski say on a similar thread that the trajectory of the projectile has nothing to do with where the actual bullet model goes.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:07 pm »
Didn't Blobski say on a similar thread that the trajectory of the projectile has nothing to do with where the actual bullet model goes.
He did and i think hes wrong.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 11:17:59 pm »
Then explain why if you put a target at long distance with 80 people aiming at it all the misses land in an small area about 30% of the way to the target, yet some people directly hit the target. 
There are no misses "around" the target, none go crazy off the side or any of the distance between the target and the "splodge" of misses

Enjoy.

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:41:00 am »
Then explain why if you put a target at long distance with 80 people aiming at it all the misses land in an small area about 30% of the way to the target, yet some people directly hit the target. 
There are no misses "around" the target, none go crazy off the side or any of the distance between the target and the "splodge" of misses

Enjoy.
Easy. Theres a small chance that the bullet will travel through the height of the reticule and hit the target. Just to add Vince said himself there is bullet drop. Ive successfully hit several targets over very long distances with my reticule far above them. I still persist in believing bullet drop is present.

Offline StubbyClaps

• Volunteer
  • All This Loaf, Rainbow Stalin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_STl_StubbyClaps
Re: Bullet drop
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 07:25:34 am »
There is bullet drop and horizontal deviation due to non-rifled barrels. When in a LB, most people aim above and for the centre of Lines due to this

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
So by your logic there are two outcomes.

1. Fixed amount of bullet drop always makes it land in same area
2. Bullet drop is totally ignored and bullet goes straight to target.

With no bullets anywhere in the massive amount of space between the "splodge of misses" and the "hits".
Sounds to me like the game works out if its a hit or not at the time of firing, puts a "hit" or "miss" flag on said bullet and then applies bullet drop to the misses.

Otherwise you would see "random heights" and "random amounts of bullet drop" the entire length of distance between shooter to target, which you dont.

This is the system we run to and have had perfectly fine results in Linebattles for over a year now at any distance shooting we decide to engage at, Point at target, pull trigger, job done.
So even if it isnt exactly spot on nobody else has come up with a demonstrable test to prove otherwise and the results speak for themselves. Your "small chance" of hitting the target isn't all that small at all if it wins line battles comfortably.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:15:54 am by Malakith »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 11:50:58 am »
Well the 41st usually aims head - banner for those head shots so they don't shoot back , its all good and well get a hit mark but they can shoot back :P.
We believe that there is no bullet drop  :)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 05:36:17 pm »
There is bullet drop, it's not even up for debate.
1. Vince has said there is
2. Firearms are crossbows with a different model and smoke, crossbows clearly have projectile drop
3. There are settings for the gravity strength on bullets and it's not changed from native.
4. If you make the bullets giant you can see they drop
5. If you do volley fire with players you can see all the bullets land short of the targets at long distance.

Although due to the inaccuracy of the muskets it's possible that the bullet can go above where you aimed cancelling the bullet drop for a while. Also bullet drop is mainly effected by the shoot speed (velocity) number, which is 250 for Muskets, which makes the bullet drop further away, if you set it to like 5 the bullet just poops out in front of you onto the floor.

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 05:43:33 pm »
So by your logic there are two outcomes.

1. Fixed amount of bullet drop always makes it land in same area
2. Bullet drop is totally ignored and bullet goes straight to target.
You didnt understand my post.
Due to the inaccuracy of the muskets it's possible that the bullet can go above where you aimed cancelling the bullet drop for a while. Also bullet drop is mainly effected by the shoot speed (velocity) number, which is 250 for Muskets, which makes the bullet drop further away, if you set it to like 5 the bullet just poops out in front of you onto the floor.
You got it.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 09:47:32 pm »
Except you still have not disproved the very real example I can replicate week after week for a year in our regimental training.  Let me try and demonstrate with crappy ascii

|--------XXX-----------------O

| = Firing squad (80+ people)
XXX = Area all bullets suffering bullet drop land
O = Target which even at extreme range still gets some hits.
--- = Areas where No bullets land, ever.

If muskets were "random" as they are in real life then WHY are there no bullets dropping in the huge amount of space between the | and X   and the X and O

We demonstrate this EVERY week in training using a massive stretch of water to clearly show the bullet splashes. ALL of the "misses" are in the exact same area, the Hits still go on for miles to strike the target.
You are yet to explain to me with your "there is always bullet drop" theory why NOTHING lands in the space between, EVER.

Your happy to use the "muskets are random" to explain why they can hit the target, but if they are "random" they would hit other places along the trajectory line as well, which they do not.

Go for it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:53:21 pm by Malakith »

Offline StubbyClaps

• Volunteer
  • All This Loaf, Rainbow Stalin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_STl_StubbyClaps
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »
There is no debate. Bullet drop and horizontal deviation are in this game. Done.