Author Topic: Bullet drop  (Read 19463 times)

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bullet drop
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:14 pm »
Guys this
 is a simple solution here is how I found out that there is bullet drop because if you aim a pistol at a 45 degree angle in the air it will go around 80m and land with a noticeable flash of dust. If you think im wrong please go out and try it on a training map with dummies of course. If anyone would like to question me feel free to do so :P

P.S(Its one of the ways how to get a pistol headshot cross map ;D)

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 06:05:46 am »
Through intense experiments we learned that there is in fact bullet drop, but first, there is bullet rise. Anything below 75 meters you need to aim slightly below your target, though anything closer than 30-40 meters I agree to aim directly at them. Only at about 80-100 yards do you actually aim directly dead center and slightly higher as your range increases. Using this method we managed about 70% hits using muskets at a range of 75-150 yards. Sounds wild, but it works.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »
Guys this
 is a simple solution here is how I found out that there is bullet drop because if you aim a pistol at a 45 degree angle in the air it will go around 80m and land with a noticeable flash of dust. If you think im wrong please go out and try it on a training map with dummies of course. If anyone would like to question me feel free to do so :P

P.S(Its one of the ways how to get a pistol headshot cross map ;D)

the flash is not a bullet i know this because i tested it  by getting a mod which made the bullets massive so i could see where they went and when we did a volley i saw none of the bullet models hit anywhere near the  dummy and yet they still got hits

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »
How it looks to me is that the dust is a script added by FSE so you can see where your bullets land, however a good deal of times the script fails to run and there is no poof of dust.

Offline hobbitman

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4teSLR_Kpt_Hobbitman
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »
I believe that there is no bullet drop, that muskets and rifles have a set ratio of going straight or not.

Musket ratio--- 1/7
Rifle--- 1/3

Of course you have to factor out whether you actually are actually aiming straight at the target or not.

Another theory is that there is, but only over extreme distances (say 200ish meters and over), and the rest is just randomization.
Cannons never strike the same place twice

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2013, 11:58:53 pm »
I believe that there is no bullet drop, that muskets and rifles have a set ratio of going straight or not.

Musket ratio--- 1/7
Rifle--- 1/3

Of course you have to factor out whether you actually are actually aiming straight at the target or not.

Another theory is that there is, but only over extreme distances (say 200ish meters and over), and the rest is just randomization.

Thank you, for necroing this thread...

No.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2013, 12:34:57 am »
Nooo, kill this thread before it's reborn !

Offline Jake

• Sergeant Major
  • Enjoy life because it could be over soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2013, 11:53:41 am »
I saw a video of Mazz that he showed the Bullet drop only lost the link.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2013, 04:08:54 pm »

OMG, please,

Read the thread before posting?

That has been said over a 100 times now.

The. Texture. =/= the. Actual. Bullet.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Jake

• Sergeant Major
  • Enjoy life because it could be over soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

OMG, please,

Sorry you don't have to be so rude.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »

OMG, please,

Sorry you don't have to be so rude.

I'm direct, that's something else.

Offline Techcuron

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
THERE IS BULLET DROP

Test it for yourself Pistol has bullet drop, so do muskets and rifles also carbines.
Hope this helps,
in this video I do an experiment to see wether or not there is bulletdrop.

I basically multiplied the scale of the bullet with a factor of 100, shoot a couple of bulletballs and look where they land.
From what I can see, there is bulletdrop, unless perspective is playing tricks on my mind :P

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERy_BfC1q20&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
[close]

[close]

The stuff that hits the floor is not the bullet actually hitting....
The visible bullets in no way represent the actual path of the bullet, so this is purely cosmetic. When you fire a musket/rifle, two bullets are generated - the visible one (shown enlarged in the above image), and the "actual" one that uses realistic projectile values and causes the damage. Or so I've been told by the dev team.

Blobmania is right, but the difference isn't noticeable. It's not like the bullet actually hits like 200 yards from the puff mark, it's a matter of few inches. I can tell you this after having used the mod for a month or two, and when I hit someone the puff mark shows up in basically the same place - the difference isn't a factor to be taken into consideration
[close]

Alright then explain to me how can I hit and kill a person across the map with a pistol(They were line up too)? And the pistol's bullet usually hits a couple of feet in front of you. (Also there is a video of a guy pistol sniping somebody just aiming directly at them.Think it was the 126th video not sure about the regiment name is correct).

Don't know if this is the video you were talking about, but it does prove a point :

Offline Techcuron

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2014, 02:35:11 am »
A enlarged bullet, test :

Don't see reason in posting this in a new thread, it belongs here.
*the video is not prooving bullet drop, its proves the cosmetic bullet/damage bullet
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:42:46 pm by Techcuron »

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2014, 03:06:58 am »
Please check the previous post date before posting on a thread. As for bullet drop, I am going to repost this:
There is bullet drop, but due to the high velocity of the bullets, it is almost not noticeable. Why cant you hit people that are far away, with a pistol? Simple. Pistols have much lower velocity and therefore their bullets actually drop much faster. Bullet drop is heavy on pistols, but almost not noticeable on Muskets (Except for very long ranges.)

Remember that when shooting a musket, the bullet will not go straight, but go randomly, into any direction. That is the reason why the aiming reticule is so large. When shooting, the bullet will go somewhere in that reticule.

The reason why you think that bullet drop is so heavy, is that a lot of times, the bullets do not go straight and do not go up, but downwards, decreasing your range alot. Aiming Up does not help here, because it can also be that the next shot goes up, shooting much further than you expected. Aiming anywhere close to the enemy can still hit him (Especially on long ranges, as the randomess plays a much larger role here), if you're lucky.

Therefore it is always best to aim straight at your enemy. Shooting with a Musket is just pure luck, nothing else.

Also, a little hint. Aiming 2 seconds with your musket will make aim steadier, and the bullet is more likely to be shooting into the direction of the center of the reticule.
Another hint... Warbands random function is not very good. Most of the time you will end up with the exact, or almost exact values.
So if you know that your bullet just flew low, try to aim abit higher. If you are a little bit lucky, Warbands random function might have chosen the same value again.
That is also the reason why you get the same bush/rock/tree over and over again, when making maps. Warbands random function selects the same value again and again and again.

Offline csderp

• Sergeant Major
  • serenity now
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_ColFo_CSDrep
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2014, 07:52:27 am »
The tracer mod shows this clearly. The bullet that kills goes straight forward. The remnant of Warband's crossbow mechanic, has bullet drop and creates the little dust when it hits the ground.

Me and a friend tested this with the sniper rifle. We 50 aiming directly at one another, then bracketed another 50 to see if the bullet with bullet drop will hit.

Conclusion: Just put them in your reticule. Shooting in this game is 100% RNG if you have your crosshairs in the right place.

Rock the casbah