Author Topic: A rant about Americans that think they won everything - Written by yahoo answers  (Read 44958 times)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Why do Americans think that they won WW2 alone?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 02:20:56 am »
Uh oh, the discussion has turned towards the middle-east. Get out while you can!

arguing about the middle-east is like fighting in the middle-east. it will never end
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 02:22:02 am »
Told to change this. So, uhm... Don't talk about the Middle-east which has nothing to do with this threads' purpose!!!???

i dont know.....  the thred is already going downhill
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 02:23:03 am »
Again, try telling that to the 6 billion+ people that don't really care about the US or what the US does, and probably don't often think about the US.

Besides, how can one country be more important than another? I'm sure just about everyone on earth regards their own country as the most important, and with good reason.

-Top 10 stock exchanges in the world - top 2 are in the United states
http://www.world-stock-exchanges.net/top10.html

-America has the most powerful military in the world, I don't need to provide any statistics for that.

-America has a permanent seat in the UN security council and veto power in practice over pretty much any nation (Notice I said "in practice". The USA could do whatever it wanted if it wasn't worried about the consequences, which it could probably deal with on its own anyway))

And a bunch of other things that I don't care to argue for right now. Whether or not 6 billion people in the world identify with the US is not relevant. These people are all affected by the United States and its decisions in one way or another, whether they are aware of it or not. The fact that many people dislike the US does not make it any less powerful or important on the world stage. Many, many people disliked and hated the Roman Empire as well, but did that make it any less powerful and influential? Any given thing that you enjoy or use in your daily life has probably had some influence by the United States put into its production, marketing, and circulation. Any company in any given country that wants to be successful has to have connections with the United States or it will fail.

Japan has one of the largest economies in the world, but Japan is a US protectorate. The US is responsible for the protection of Japan and therefore the US exercises complete and utter control over Japan. The European Union was created to act as a counterbalance to the US but it's becoming more and more influenced by the US every day, and it is quickly crumbling.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 02:28:41 am »
Guys please remember I found this off a website, I did not write it.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:42 am »
I have found your posts rather silly as of late Skipper. Please keep it up
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 02:31:02 am »
Again, try telling that to the 6 billion+ people that don't really care about the US or what the US does, and probably don't often think about the US.

Besides, how can one country be more important than another? I'm sure just about everyone on earth regards their own country as the most important, and with good reason.

-Top 10 stock exchanges in the world - top 2 are in the United states
http://www.world-stock-exchanges.net/top10.html

-America has the most powerful military in the world, I don't need to provide any statistics for that.

-America has a permanent seat in the UN security council and veto power in practice over pretty much any nation (Notice I said "in practice". The USA could do whatever it wanted if it wasn't worried about the consequences, which it could probably deal with on its own anyway))

And a bunch of other things that I don't care to argue for right now. Whether or not 6 billion people in the world identify with the US is not relevant. These people are all affected by the United States and its decisions in one way or another, whether they are aware of it or not. The fact that many people dislike the US does not make it any less powerful or important on the world stage. Many, many people disliked and hated the Roman Empire as well, but did that make it any less powerful and influential? Any given thing that you enjoy or use in your daily life has probably had some influence by the United States put into its production, marketing, and circulation. Any company in any given country that wants to be successful has to have connections with the United States or it will fail.

Japan has one of the largest economies in the world, but Japan is a US protectorate. The US is responsible for the protection of Japan and therefore the US exercises complete and utter control over Japan. The European Union was created to act as a counterbalance to the US but it's becoming more and more influenced by the US every day, and it is quickly crumbling.

damn right you just gave me a freedom boner!

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 02:33:05 am »
Spoiler
[close]

It's sad, because as silly as this meme may be to other people, it's 100% true.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 02:33:18 am »
America circlejerk thread pls :3

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M[/youtube]
[close]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 02:34:03 am »
but Europe i still love you!  :D
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 02:34:55 am »
Nipplestockings, you say you don't care for "US imperialism bullshit" but are willing to spread factually incorrect information in order to promote the idea that the US is most important country on earth. Do you not see a problem with that?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:20 am »
Nipplestockings, you say you don't care for "US imperialism bullshit" but are willing to spread factually incorrect information in order to promote the idea that the US is most important country on earth. Do you not see a problem with that?

What did I say that was factually incorrect? It sounds to me like either you're delusional or you hate muh freedums. Don't worry, the UK has freedoms too *mhemm*

Freedom of religion!
Spoiler
[close]
Freedom to own weapons!
Spoiler
[close]
Freedom of privacy!
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:41:35 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 02:47:48 am »
Well, not counting your totally unprovable claim that everything on earth is made with the US in mind, let's focus on your claim that Japan is a US-protectorate and that the US exerts complete and utter control over Japan.

This is completely and utterly (see what I did there?) untrue. The US and Japan have mutually defence agreements and Japan would definitely have hard time defending itself against a country like Russia or China, but if the US is completely responsible for the defence of Japan, how come Japan has the fifth highest military budget on earth? I'd like to see some sources for your claim that the US controls the Japanese government.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 02:53:37 am »
I don't think that's what he meant Docm30... I think he meant military control over Japan. Japan has it's own economy, obviously. As you said it, Japan will not be able to hold its own from countries like Russia or China, which is why they are one of our protectorates in the pacific. We'll be there to help them, should the need arise...

Also, what does any of this have to do with the purpose of this thread? You guys fighting each other over "American being the best" is going to have this thread locked. If you want it locked, just report it to an admin ,rather than flaming each other, and spewing useless shit at each other as well.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 02:55:37 am »
@Nipple Oh joy, more people making Islam look bad.

Anyhow, saying the US won WWII on it's own is like saying Britain beat Napolean in the Penninsula on it's own.

It's not just false, it makes you and everyone where you comefrom look like complete IDIOTS.

I live in the US but I'm originally from Morocco, I had family in the FFL(French Foriegn Legion) an the FFF (Free French Forces) during WWII. I can tell you, when my Great Grandfather was with the Desert Rats over in Egypt he did NOT think the US was doing him any favors. My Great Uncle in Europe was in the Battle of the Bulde, and some 101st Airborne troops saved his life, so it's not like you can say the US did very little as I've actually heard some Europeans claim (This is also total BS).

I do think out of all the allies the US were carrying a decent amount of wieght in the war, I mean the Army was in Europe while the Marine Corps went through HELL in the Pacific going against Japan. etty much on their own. The ANZAC troops weren't helping on Iwo Jima guys.

Though honestly, I think the Soviets did the most in the war. ey did take on 4 German armies... on their own... and win. Plus they helped out in Japan by wiping them out in China where the US and the UK had stalled.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:58:07 am by ClearlyInvsible »
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 02:56:06 am »
Personally I dont get why we are arguing over some post this kid didnt even write. From what I have got from his recent posts he in quote

God you are heartless. I have been studying all day for exams which I am very nervous about, I have been having a hard time in the regiment and it is very stressful as well as losing my major, and I come on this server and am constantly abused and provoked. I please ask an admin to check the logs before confirming that I did the above, there were many witnesses who agreed with me when I said they were teamkilling throughout the maps, which they were (please check logs) and I did not get a single moment of peace, this is really not the thing I need at the moment and I hope someone out there has some sense, maybe someone who knows the stresses of forming a reg and doing exams.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.