Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 41678 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2021, 02:41:19 pm »
I bet you guys regret bragging about your 400 active members now for a 15v15 tournament  ;D

400 will now be reduced to 40 with the other 360 not being allowed to play and don't want to join another regiment so they'll just leave the community instead. The chances of these centre players joining other regiments when recruited from tropical paradise is little to zero unfortunately.
Ridiculous post, I highly doubt all these tropical paradise recruits are all so desperate to play RGL that they would proceed to leave the 45thn, and then quit the game because they're incapable of finding a regiment to play RGL in. I see we are delving into fantasy now to try and justify your position

Ridiculous post! It's not that they'll leave, but the fact that you're not allowing them to play events for simply being in a regiment where players are better than them is just silly. If you're going to be flippant and say 'centre' can still play then you can fuck off, because we all know that point is absolutely stupid and due to competition just simply won't happen in any regiment.

The whole point of my post is that you're not allowing a centre company in RGL and expect them to join other teams, knowing (due to how centre actually works) they wouldn't do that, so it defeats your original point about allowing these players to go somewhere else, because they just simply wont. It doesn't actually solve anything, it just means less people play and have fun.

Fietta and mask, its silly to lie when we've played you nearly weekly for about a year. I've seen it a million times where ur gren company brings 13 attendance and you refuse to ask one of your 360 center company players to come to ur gf, please shut the fuck up.

Anyways, if there are enough other regiments, center companies shouldn't be allowed to take their place. However, if there aren't enough other regiments I don't see a reason not to let center companies play.

Can confirm that versus you recently, I had Ody (a centre company player) playing to the right of me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:44:35 pm by Fietta »

Offline Kong

• Second Lieutenant
  • forever PRY + COC #RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kong
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2021, 02:45:46 pm »
Let’s be real, at the end of the day RGL is the most prestigious tournament for regiments, it’s for the best players to represent their regiments, the standard should be high and it shouldn’t be for everyone to sign up as many iterations of their regiment as possible, like if you’re good enough you’ll play
It's easy for you and the other 15thyr members to comment against it cuz you are one company full of experienced people who don't consider development of new players as much as the likes of 45thN and 92nd.
This is such a load of crap, both you and the 92nd supply your gren companies with players you recruit from outside your regiment, there's hardly a centre player that ever gets moved up, trying to force regimental tournament hosts to bend over backwards so that you guys can support your broken ass model of stockpiling players in your centre companies is just ridiculous. It says it all when, last Sunday in our practice match (15th vs 45thn) you only bring your gren company guys, and refuse to get any of your centre company people to come and match the numbers when we get more, whereas, we play our weakest guys alongside our strongest guys, so that we can try and improve everyone equally.

development my ass

Wouldnt say so, the regiment is a balance of very casual players and much more competitive ones, those who want to get better develop by other means, such as when before we had several different regimental gf teams. I've played myself alongside 3 or 4 other centre company players in gf's many times when needed. Obviously, if a gren arrives late to the gf they have preference over the centre company players there as its not their company's event.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2021, 02:45:53 pm »
You centre company is, in masks own words, a “line battle company” which says it’s non-competitive, if someone wants to be a competitive player they’ll find a way to do that, if they don’t care they’ll happily sit in centre and go to those public events, but yes I’m sure recruit #8671926 is really pissed he can’t play in RGL after having the game for 20 hours
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2021, 02:46:51 pm »
You centre company is, in masks own words, a “line battle company” which says it’s non-competitive, if someone wants to be a competitive player they’ll find a way to do that, if they don’t care they’ll happily sit in centre and go to those public events, but yes I’m sure recruit #8671926 is really pissed he can’t play in RGL after having the game for 20 hours

You've been in our centre company enough to understand and know that we do competitive GF events with centre like twice a week; you need to wipe your mouth a couple more times with the amount of shit pouring from it.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 12, 2021, 02:47:59 pm »

You've been in our centre company enough to understand and know that we do competitive GF events with centre like twice a week; you need to wipe your mouth a couple more time with the amount of shit pouring from it.

Casual GFs against Czech regiments where I was literally told to stop being competitive? Okay sure, I bet that’s exactly how they’ll be in RGL too
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #650 on: October 12, 2021, 02:48:40 pm »
I see both sides of the argument personally. My PoV is the same as Hertz. Only if there is a shortage of regiments total in which there isn't.

All you guys are doing is arguing a bad point which TL;DR is "we are biased because we have multiple companies, you cannot have opinion because you do not". What 45th do with their members and where they play is entirely up to them and isn't valid on the discussion at hand.

NW has been out for 10 years and in all that time this has never even been a thing of debate even while bigger and much better regiments like 92nd, 91st, OG 33rd etc. were kicking around and had WAY more reasons for having multiple companies than against. Yet never not even once, despite having multiple conversations about it was this rule ever in question.

Its a REGIMENTAL groupfighting tournament meant to seek the best regiments out of whats active. Putting your centre companies with whichever overflow players that can't make your main roster against pubbie and pleb regs in L2/L3 is silly and won't be happening. The only way it could be pheasable is if the admin team gets to choose who you can and cannot have on those rosters which is a whole can of bullshit waiting to be opened.

Having a couple of thousand active members like the 45thN, isnt rly an excuse to justify a 2nd position even in an other league imo. We ve been getting the most attendance from any regiment in events, and yet we can hardly find 15 people dedicated in groupfighing. Its what you build your community arround. Saying that, yeah we are not the best, not rly care if they end up with 2 them or the 92nd, we just want to be able to fight  ;D
Finally! Someone else with an actual opinion on the arguement! ;D At the end of the day what this says is that every regiment has differen't requirements on how it uses its members. Some will make benefit of the rule some won't.

Thanks
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 12, 2021, 02:50:18 pm »

You've been in our centre company enough to understand and know that we do competitive GF events with centre like twice a week; you need to wipe your mouth a couple more time with the amount of shit pouring from it.

Casual GFs against Czech regiments where I was literally told to stop being competitive? Okay sure, I bet that’s exactly how they’ll be in RGL too

We've been playing Tier 3 regiments with our centre for time.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #652 on: October 12, 2021, 02:50:56 pm »
What kind of grease do you put in your hair Price?
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline sHype

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN | sHype
« Reply #653 on: October 12, 2021, 02:51:03 pm »
Let’s be real, at the end of the day RGL is the most prestigious tournament for regiments, it’s for the best players to represent their regiments, the standard should be high and it shouldn’t be for everyone to sign up as many iterations of their regiment as possible, like if you’re good enough you’ll play
It's easy for you and the other 15thyr members to comment against it cuz you are one company full of experienced people who don't consider development of new players as much as the likes of 45thN and 92nd.
This is such a load of crap, both you and the 92nd supply your gren companies with players you recruit from outside your regiment, there's hardly a centre player that ever gets moved up, trying to force regimental tournament hosts to bend over backwards so that you guys can support your broken ass model of stockpiling players in your centre companies is just ridiculous. It says it all when, last Sunday in our practice match (15th vs 45thn) you only bring your gren company guys, and refuse to get any of your centre company people to come and match the numbers when we get more, whereas, we play our weakest guys alongside our strongest guys, so that we can try and improve everyone equally.

development my ass

I completely agree with this. I very rarely see non Gren company players at gfs vs 45thN and 92nd.

How can you even say that when you literally dropped players because you were losing against us in a practice groupfight. And we had centre company players playing aswell... :)

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 12, 2021, 02:52:39 pm »
ELBOW GREASE!

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 12, 2021, 02:53:19 pm »
ELBOW GREASE!

The grease harvested from Ethiopian children

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 12, 2021, 02:54:46 pm »
ELBOW GREASE!

The grease harvested from Ethiopian children
If someone's gotta do it, might as well not pay children to do it!

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #657 on: October 12, 2021, 02:56:27 pm »
I bet you guys regret bragging about your 400 active members now for a 15v15 tournament  ;D

400 will now be reduced to 40 with the other 360 not being allowed to play and don't want to join another regiment so they'll just leave the community instead. The chances of these centre players joining other regiments when recruited from tropical paradise is little to zero unfortunately.
Ridiculous post, I highly doubt all these tropical paradise recruits are all so desperate to play RGL that they would proceed to leave the 45thn, and then quit the game because they're incapable of finding a regiment to play RGL in. I see we are delving into fantasy now to try and justify your position

Ridiculous post! It's not that they'll leave, but the fact that you're not allowing them to play events for simply being in a regiment where players are better than them is just silly. If you're going to be flippant and say 'centre' can still play then you can fuck off, because we all know that point is absolutely stupid and due to competition just simply won't happen in any regiment.

The whole point of my post is that you're not allowing a centre company in RGL and expect them to join other teams, knowing (due to how centre actually works) they wouldn't do that, so it defeats your original point about allowing these players to go somewhere else, because they just simply wont. It doesn't actually solve anything, it just means less people play and have fun.

Fietta and mask, its silly to lie when we've played you nearly weekly for about a year. I've seen it a million times where ur gren company brings 13 attendance and you refuse to ask one of your 360 center company players to come to ur gf, please shut the fuck up.

Anyways, if there are enough other regiments, center companies shouldn't be allowed to take their place. However, if there aren't enough other regiments I don't see a reason not to let center companies play.

Can confirm that versus you recently, I had Ody (a centre company player) playing to the right of me.
What you describe is an issue with regimental structure, I went into detail earlier on why this is a necessary part of the NW regimental "ecosystem". The short end of the stick is the fact that tournament organisers, should not have to change the format and allow for stuff like B teams, purely because the issue of centre company players wanting to play RGL is a regimental issue (localised to regiments such as the 92nd and 45thn) If regiments like the 45thn and 92nd, wish to rely on outside recruits to build up their gren company, then its totally fine, however, they need to accept that the sacrifice of taking that route, is those centre company players that are more competitively inclined, will seek competitive play either inside their respective regimental gren company, or they will seek it elsewhere. What you guys are demanding, is for tournament hosts to essentially legislate and adapt their tournaments, for issues that your respective regiments have internally, and so that you can continue adding to your 300+ man rosters. This all has an impact on the wider community outside of your regiments.

development my ass

FYI Last Sunday our centre company had their weekly group fight versus Nr13, you should know better as to not tell fibs as you and everyone full well know that whenever we have centre lads free on free days we always get them to play and that's our policy.

Im not sure who's the one stockpiling on players when we play 20v20 and you have 5 spec last Sunday  ;)

We play as much as we can at every single practice match regardless of skill and even though RGL is the biggest and best tournament of the year that won't be changing^. It's a shame even before RGL has even started other regiments are already planning on dropping and playing 15v15 in their biog matches  ;)

But if you’re going to be a huge regiment accept the downsides that come with that, equally small regiments have downsides too, if a regiment makes its bed it should lie in it

I think its time for you to wake up and smell the coffee mate
You're telling me, that in your 309 active man roster, you aren't capable of getting any more then 15-20 for a practice gf? Your entire roster is a "fib".

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #658 on: October 12, 2021, 02:57:36 pm »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #659 on: October 12, 2021, 02:58:33 pm »
Spoiler

development my ass

I completely agree with this. I very rarely see non Gren company players at gfs vs 45thN and 92nd.

How can you even say that when you literally dropped players because you were losing against us in a practice groupfight. And we had centre company players playing aswell... :)
[close]
I may be somewhat mistaken. But please don't expect me to study the cancer and cringe fuckery that is the 45thN. And we did that because it is RGL training. If you're losing, swap the weaker players out. Better chance of winning. Doesn't take a master tactician to work that one out surely
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:04:21 pm by Hertz »