Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 78709 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #870 on: July 29, 2021, 01:09:15 am »
I don't see an Aidan banned on our TS. However I have a certain Scottish Unicorn banned for being 'Rasist'
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #871 on: July 29, 2021, 01:10:26 am »
I don't see an Aidan banned on our TS. However I have a certain Scottish Unicorn banned for being 'Rasist'
Yeah stein can't spell...

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #872 on: July 29, 2021, 02:11:48 am »
I have a suggestion:

Whitelist Team Captains it can be open and not have a lot of criteria.

But atleast someone who knows a bit the players in the community so you don't get 10-0.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #873 on: July 29, 2021, 03:05:07 am »
I have a suggestion:

ban anyone with less than 100 hours

Nock

« Reply #874 on: July 29, 2021, 04:22:03 am »
also just ban me already, do not allow me to play this

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #875 on: July 29, 2021, 11:15:47 am »
also just ban me already, do not allow me to play this
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #876 on: July 29, 2021, 03:01:06 pm »
Spoiler
btw wbmm > gf server

idk why everyone stopped playing
because lapache's brain still hasn't worked out that he has to make it seasonal to make it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or I just don't care enough. I'm quite active on native again and people like you are just not worth the effort. Sorry for everyone else.
you still didnt do anything in the early days of mm back when u were active even though it'd already been mentionned multiple times so ye nah i stand by my initial hypothesis
It was active for quite some time and now people seem to have played enough for now. I don't exactly see your point. Why would I make it only temporary available while people were still willing to play? As long as people want to play, and matches were happening there was literally no reason to shut it down. Currently there isn't enough intrest anymore and people are having a break of it. I don't see a big issue in that and neither should you unless you wanna play so desperately on broken servers, with shit admins or whatever you kept crying about on this thread . I won't bother looking your weep posts up.

Didn't do anything? I did enough spending countless hours making it happen, looking for devs, convincing our devs, finding admins, setting up servers, looking for new hosts, trying out different servers, helping people with their accounts or occurring issues with other people etc. You seem to be forgetting that I still do all of this stuff for fun and that Matchmaking exists on native as well adding other regions that require assistance as well.
you not seeing my point is precisely the issue. MM's activity relied solely on being fueled by hype and momentum that can be sustained only by having a break every now and then and i dont understand how it can be that hard to conceive the idea that making it available 24/7 to the players would inevitably make them lose interest. I can make a comparison with LoL and a game-mode called URF that they made seasonal precisely for the aformentionned reasons
Spoiler
[close]
if you dont wanna take it from me, take it from an actual game design company. Perhaps not the best balance team but they know a thing or two about playerbase management.

doing it for fun or not is irrelevant. MM started, you got feedback, you ignored it, MM died, end of story. I dont think it had anything to do with "not caring", i think you just made a mistake - i wont label it as lack of commitment since you seem to genuinely not know what i'm on about + you just gave me a long list as evidence of your commitment - and i wouldnt mind had you acknowledged it instead of dismissing criticism as weep posts, had you simply provided a brief explanation as to why you wouldnt change it, or had you even specified from the beginning that u wanted this to be a one-time thing and not a lasting game-mode, but you didnt so :D
You took "didnt do anything" too literally, i meant you didnt act upon the suggestion of making it seasonal even though it was credible. There's even a good chance that it actually would've required less work than having to manage it full-time, but again it just seems you just never cared to think it through

apparently i come across as ungrateful and rude? im not, the combination of wasted potential of a good idea compounded by how effortlessly it couldve been avoided just baffles me. W/e past is past i guess so no point discussing it, if you bring this back in the future for whatever reason i can only hope that you wont be arrogant like crusher and ignore feedback on no other (irrelevant) grounds than "they never admin"

stay safe and get the vaccin bois
[close]

I simply don't want to make it seasonal. People played it twice for quite some time. Then after a while they stopped and as it seems they are starting to play it again now. If people wish to take a break they can do so. MM can consistently survive so proven in different regions and native which is active pretty much since it came out, so 2018. By your logic I would let people only play for let's say 1month and then shut it down for a month. But that would simply prevent people from playing who still wish to play. There are those who will almost never get bored of MM. I don't see a big loss by simply letting the community decide when they wish to take a break. And now it's active again for anyone who wishes to play.
yeah there is a de facto community revival dynamic, the problem is that it's a garbage tier revival. Community revivals never last more than 3 weeks and its always the same players you encounter because revivals like these usually originate from the same endogamous circles - e.g havent been on MM since but im willing to bet the players currently grinding are overwhelmingly from the 45thN because the initiative comes from them
i also had literally no idea it was being revived until someone mentionned it here because community revivals are mostly based on word of mouth, which is an awful way to advertise it since many corners of the community simply wont be reached by it

Community revivals are a hassle and are high-effort low-reward. An actual seasonal system managed by the admins themselves just seems much more effective to me and wouldve required no more than a few announcements/posts and stuff like asking all regimental leaders to make an announcement in their groupchat, which i dont see how any of them would've refused since its literally one of the things that breath some life into the game which is in their interest
Seasonal would also have given some semblance of stakes to the ladder which atm is nothing more than a meaningless stats jizz-fest, believe it or not some players played MM only to grind the ladder (clue: starts with Zey and ends with Den)

if anything, the fact it was made seasonal de facto by the community just proves my point ; the community independently shifting on its own towards a seasonal system just shows there was a need for one from the start. Emphasis on from the start because i'd also argue that even if you were willing to change it now, it'd be too late anyway because a sizeable portion of the playerbase was lost the first time MM died and these players you wont be getting back because the only way to do so would've been to make them aware of the seasonal aspect. Ppl from regs like the IVe corps which proly has a larger playerpool than all the top regs combined but 99% of them arent even aware of the existence of FSE and have literally zero contact with anyone outside their reg

also WTF EGGSPLAIN??
[close]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:35:59 pm by LaPache »
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 29, 2021, 05:16:18 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
btw wbmm > gf server

because lapache's brain still hasn't worked out that he has to make it seasonal to make it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or I just don't care enough. I'm quite active on native again and people like you are just not worth the effort. Sorry for everyone else.
you still didnt do anything in the early days of mm back when u were active even though it'd already been mentionned multiple times so ye nah i stand by my initial hypothesis
It was active for quite some time and now people seem to have played enough for now. I don't exactly see your point. Why would I make it only temporary available while people were still willing to play? As long as people want to play, and matches were happening there was literally no reason to shut it down. Currently there isn't enough intrest anymore and people are having a break of it. I don't see a big issue in that and neither should you unless you wanna play so desperately on broken servers, with shit admins or whatever you kept crying about on this thread . I won't bother looking your weep posts up.

Didn't do anything? I did enough spending countless hours making it happen, looking for devs, convincing our devs, finding admins, setting up servers, looking for new hosts, trying out different servers, helping people with their accounts or occurring issues with other people etc. You seem to be forgetting that I still do all of this stuff for fun and that Matchmaking exists on native as well adding other regions that require assistance as well.
you not seeing my point is precisely the issue. MM's activity relied solely on being fueled by hype and momentum that can be sustained only by having a break every now and then and i dont understand how it can be that hard to conceive the idea that making it available 24/7 to the players would inevitably make them lose interest. I can make a comparison with LoL and a game-mode called URF that they made seasonal precisely for the aformentionned reasons
Spoiler
[close]
if you dont wanna take it from me, take it from an actual game design company. Perhaps not the best balance team but they know a thing or two about playerbase management.

doing it for fun or not is irrelevant. MM started, you got feedback, you ignored it, MM died, end of story. I dont think it had anything to do with "not caring", i think you just made a mistake - i wont label it as lack of commitment since you seem to genuinely not know what i'm on about + you just gave me a long list as evidence of your commitment - and i wouldnt mind had you acknowledged it instead of dismissing criticism as weep posts, had you simply provided a brief explanation as to why you wouldnt change it, or had you even specified from the beginning that u wanted this to be a one-time thing and not a lasting game-mode, but you didnt so :D
You took "didnt do anything" too literally, i meant you didnt act upon the suggestion of making it seasonal even though it was credible. There's even a good chance that it actually would've required less work than having to manage it full-time, but again it just seems you just never cared to think it through

apparently i come across as ungrateful and rude? im not, the combination of wasted potential of a good idea compounded by how effortlessly it couldve been avoided just baffles me. W/e past is past i guess so no point discussing it, if you bring this back in the future for whatever reason i can only hope that you wont be arrogant like crusher and ignore feedback on no other (irrelevant) grounds than "they never admin"

[close]

I simply don't want to make it seasonal. People played it twice for quite some time. Then after a while they stopped and as it seems they are starting to play it again now. If people wish to take a break they can do so. MM can consistently survive so proven in different regions and native which is active pretty much since it came out, so 2018. By your logic I would let people only play for let's say 1month and then shut it down for a month. But that would simply prevent people from playing who still wish to play. There are those who will almost never get bored of MM. I don't see a big loss by simply letting the community decide when they wish to take a break. And now it's active again for anyone who wishes to play.
yeah there is a de facto community revival dynamic, the problem is that it's a garbage tier revival. Community revivals never last more than 3 weeks and its always the same players you encounter because revivals like these usually originate from the same endogamous circles - e.g havent been on MM since but im willing to bet the players currently grinding are overwhelmingly from the 45thN because the initiative comes from them
i also had literally no idea it was being revived until someone mentionned it here because community revivals are mostly based on word of mouth, which is an awful way to advertise it since many corners of the community simply wont be reached by it

Community revivals are a hassle and are high-effort low-reward. An actual seasonal system managed by the admins themselves just seems much more effective to me and wouldve required no more than a few announcements/posts and stuff like asking all regimental leaders to make an announcement in their groupchat, which i dont see how any of them would've refused since its literally one of the things that breath some life into the game which is in their interest
Seasonal would also have given some semblance of stakes to the ladder which atm is nothing more than a meaningless stats jizz-fest, believe it or not some players played MM only to grind the ladder (clue: starts with Zey and ends with Den)

if anything, the fact it was made seasonal de facto by the community just proves my point ; the community independently shifting on its own towards a seasonal system just shows there was a need for one from the start. Emphasis on from the start because i'd also argue that even if you were willing to change it now, it'd be too late anyway because a sizeable portion of the playerbase was lost the first time MM died and these players you wont be getting back because the only way to do so would've been to make them aware of the seasonal aspect. Ppl from regs like the IVe corps which proly has a larger playerpool than all the top regs combined but 99% of them arent even aware of the existence of FSE and have literally zero contact with anyone outside their reg

also WTF EGGSPLAIN??
[close]
[close]
I pressed "modify" instead of quote on accident ;D. Noticed it after I posted my message Imao.
I'll probably start implementing some sort of seasonal system. Perhaps 1 month of play time and 1 month break. Just sucks for the server hosts coz we only require their servers for half the time. In terms of player base yeah of course it's mostly 45thn people but those are afterall the people that want to play MM the most.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:37:13 pm by LaPache »

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #878 on: July 29, 2021, 05:22:32 pm »
It would be cool if there would be like a goal at an end of a season.

To Qualify for a Top 24 Draft League or wathever.

Instead of ranking just the MMR. Maybe do a ranking of AVG DMG, TKs, FP, FD, K/D etc. as well.

Also beeing able to see your stats of previous seasons would be dope.

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #879 on: July 29, 2021, 05:23:23 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
btw wbmm > gf server

Spoiler
[close]

[close]

also WTF EGGSPLAIN??
[close]
[close]
I pressed "modify" instead of quote on accident ;D. Noticed it after I posted my message Imao.
I'll probably start implementing some sort of seasonal system. Perhaps 1 month of play time and 1 month break. Just sucks for the server hosts coz we only require their servers for half the time. In terms of player base yeah of course it's mostly 45thn people but those are afterall the people that want to play MM the most.
you can move those servers to mercs for the other month so i dont have to deal w krex!!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:36:40 pm by LaPache »

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 29, 2021, 05:24:49 pm »
It would be cool if there would be like a goal at an end of a season.

To Qualify for a Top 24 Draft League or wathever.

Instead of ranking just the MMR. Maybe do a ranking of AVG DMG, TKs, FP, FD, K/D etc. as well.

Also beeing able to see your stats of previous seasons would be dope.
Yeah I'll try to get the last season we missed on the stats thread. And ofc the current one once it's finished. I don't really host tournies or leagues but perhaps someone else is up for that.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #881 on: July 29, 2021, 05:29:48 pm »
way to show your own ip dayboul

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #882 on: July 29, 2021, 05:36:03 pm »
suggestion:
what about a captain-vote function prior the draft, where everybody in the lobby can give 2 votes?

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #883 on: July 29, 2021, 11:08:01 pm »
way to show your own ip dayboul
its really easy to change an ip janne
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline DeaD

• First Lieutenant
  • Step forward, try me. Come and meet your demise.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: EuroTouch_TheDeaD/Akatsuki_Tobi
« Reply #884 on: July 29, 2021, 11:48:02 pm »
Suggestion :
To tell to maskman to take something with a pinch of salt

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 12:02:29 am by DeaD »