Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 156216 times)

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2017, 01:26:04 pm »

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars

Offline 4eClausewitz

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2017, 01:26:58 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement. Lancers are not banned across the cavalry groupfighting servers or in the tournament we hold on our server - those "obvious reasons" don't seem to apply there. Many more voted for lancers than not, so I also wouldn't agree that nobody but our team and a few others want us there.

Perhaps a compromise may be reached where we agree to couch only mounted or grounded opponents (for reasons of time I think the latter would be better, but apparently not everyone agrees on that), but I'm more of the opinion that we should either be allowed to play, or not. No talk of nerfing us.
[close]
Why another tradeoff?

I think Clausewitz has named most of the points why lancers are more than able to keep up with the other classes - even without chouchin‘.

I think one very important point has been forgotten by the most: You guys are not alone. Not in the fight, not against single guys, not against dismounted cavalrymen. There up to 11 teammates who will save you.
In a duel between a lancer vs a hussar e.g, the hussar would be more likely to win. But in a groupfight? As Erik has said already, you guys are able to combine two weapons, a sword and a lance. Your team consists of not only lancers but there are some pretty skilled hussars in there as well. In an engagement that combination is mostly impossible to counter when it‘s done well.

And that‘s the lancers‘s strength - not in a duel but in the groupfight.
Yes Clausewitz "the best lancer EU" has shown how lancers are over-powered and more than capable to fight....suuuuuuuuuure bud

Nothing of what I said about the pros and cons of lancers has anything to do with how good you have to be to play them. I never claimed to be a half decent lancer, and neither does it matter how good I am at them in order to understand my arguments. Funny that your mate yesterday was preaching about maturity, and yet this is the best you can come up with at this point to discredit what I said in the first place.

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »
Come on guys be fair to lancers they can block but surely not with lance out, and to change lance to sabre it takes time, so its a pretty big disadvantage and thats why they should be allowed to use couched lance.
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2017, 01:51:13 pm »
Come on guys be fair to lancers they can block but surely not with lance out, and to change lance to sabre it takes time, so its a pretty big disadvantage and thats why they should be allowed to use couched lance.
Well, a non-retarded lancer wouldn‘t leave the group and just run into an enemy and as I said: there are more lancer to protect the stacked one.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2017, 01:54:10 pm »
Well a non retarded hussar can easily escape from lancer with couched lance
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:55:48 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2017, 01:59:37 pm »
Well a non retarded hussar can easily escape from lancer with couched lance
what‘s the point with stackin‘ then?
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2017, 02:01:00 pm »
There is no point than, both in stacking and forbiding the couched lance :)

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2017, 05:00:32 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement. Lancers are not banned across the cavalry groupfighting servers or in the tournament we hold on our server - those "obvious reasons" don't seem to apply there. Many more voted for lancers than not, so I also wouldn't agree that nobody but our team and a few others want us there.

Perhaps a compromise may be reached where we agree to couch only mounted or grounded opponents (for reasons of time I think the latter would be better, but apparently not everyone agrees on that), but I'm more of the opinion that we should either be allowed to play, or not. No talk of nerfing us.
[close]
Why another tradeoff?

I think Clausewitz has named most of the points why lancers are more than able to keep up with the other classes - even without chouchin‘.

I think one very important point has been forgotten by the most: You guys are not alone. Not in the fight, not against single guys, not against dismounted cavalrymen. There up to 11 teammates who will save you.
In a duel between a lancer vs a hussar e.g, the hussar would be more likely to win. But in a groupfight? As Erik has said already, you guys are able to combine two weapons, a sword and a lance. Your team consists of not only lancers but there are some pretty skilled hussars in there as well. In an engagement that combination is mostly impossible to counter when it‘s done well.

And that‘s the lancers‘s strength - not in a duel but in the groupfight.
Yes Clausewitz "the best lancer EU" has shown how lancers are over-powered and more than capable to fight....suuuuuuuuuure bud

Nothing of what I said about the pros and cons of lancers has anything to do with how good you have to be to play them. I never claimed to be a half decent lancer, and neither does it matter how good I am at them in order to understand my arguments. Funny that your mate yesterday was preaching about maturity, and yet this is the best you can come up with at this point to discredit what I said in the first place.
Starting a petition to stop anyone whose ever tried to get someone kicked off of a cnc team just because they don't get along from talking about maturity *cough

On a more serious note however, there are no scientific studies or ratified data for us to contradict you with, there are only the thoughts and experiences of those who are legitimately experienced with the class, so you being not as experienced with said class is all the discreditation required.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:06:43 pm by tomascadarn »
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline 4eClausewitz

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »
Starting a petition to stop anyone whose ever tried to get someone kicked off of a cnc team just because they don't get along from talking about maturity *cough

You are absolutely clueless not only about what we discussed before, but also about this. Not only have you made a complete ass of yourself on this thread already - but after failing to bring forward some decent arguments you've started taking personal shots about a situation you have a completely one-sided view of. It's not so much that you aren't willing to enter into a productive discussion, you simply aren't able to. You have made yourself look like an absolute gimp time and time again and you'd do best to just leave it to this rather than bringing in things that are completely unrelated to the initial discussion. It's not my position to discuss what you just brought forward, but rest assured that if I did it wouldn't benefit the person you are now defending from this supposed injustice.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2017, 05:25:58 pm »

What are you even talking about Tomas

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2017, 05:28:36 pm »
I'm gonna repeat myself with the, just because you say it doesn't make it true, and the points i've brought forward are actually agreed with by others who are on the same side of the debate as me, but you refuse to conceded even an inch since you diddn't come into the discussion with an open mind, abd would rather just call any valid points brought about by the other side utter rubbish, and i'm beginning to wonder how you even see the keyboard to type ao mich with your head so far up your own arse xxx
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2017, 05:30:09 pm »
Once again... Tomas, what the hell is:

Supoosed to even mean.

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2017, 05:32:19 pm »
Once again... Tomas, what the hell is:

Supoosed to even mean.

Bearing in mind clausewitz already implied he knows what I was on about why are you even bringing more attention to it stephan?
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline 4eClausewitz

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 11, 2017, 05:37:05 pm »
I'm gonna repeat myself with the, just because you say it doesn't make it true, and the points i've brought forward are actually agreed with by others who are on the same side of the debate as me, but you refuse to conceded even an inch since you diddn't come into the discussion with an open mind, abd would rather just call any valid points brought about by the other side utter rubbish, and i'm beginning to wonder how you even see the keyboard to type ao mich with your head so far up your own arse xxx

'My mate agrees with me therefore I am right'. Try to argue against the points I've raised rather than discrediting me because of lack of skill and personal insults. You are obviously fuming so I don't expect anything of value to come out of your mouth from this point forward, but I am sure you will reply to this yet again because you are so eager to have the last word. You discredited yourself as soon as you started bringing in things that have no bearing on the lancer discussion whatsoever. Considering you are undoubtedly going to reply to this yet again: try to string together more than two comprehensible sentences before you start going into details such as 'scientific data' about a discussion on a video game.