Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 157037 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #465 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:29 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement. Lancers are not banned across the cavalry groupfighting servers or in the tournament we hold on our server - those "obvious reasons" don't seem to apply there. Many more voted for lancers than not, so I also wouldn't agree that nobody but our team and a few others want us there.

Perhaps a compromise may be reached where we agree to couch only mounted or grounded opponents (for reasons of time I think the latter would be better, but apparently not everyone agrees on that), but I'm more of the opinion that we should either be allowed to play, or not. No talk of nerfing us.
[close]
Why another tradeoff?

I think Clausewitz has named most of the points why lancers are more than able to keep up with the other classes - even without chouchin‘.

I think one very important point has been forgotten by the most: You guys are not alone. Not in the fight, not against single guys, not against dismounted cavalrymen. There up to 11 teammates who will save you.
In a duel between a lancer vs a hussar e.g, the hussar would be more likely to win. But in a groupfight? As Erik has said already, you guys are able to combine two weapons, a sword and a lance. Your team consists of not only lancers but there are some pretty skilled hussars in there as well. In an engagement that combination is mostly impossible to counter when it‘s done well.

And that‘s the lancers‘s strength - not in a duel but in the groupfight.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:48:42 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #466 on: November 11, 2017, 12:50:24 pm »
Why another tradeoff?

I think Clausewitz has named most of the points why lancers are more than able to keep up with the other classes - even without chouchin‘.

I think one very important point has been forgotten by the most: You guys are not alone. Not in the fight, not against single guys, not against dismounted cavalrymen. There up to 11 teammates who will save you.
In a duel between a lancer as an hussar e.g, the hussar would be more likely to win. But in a groupfight? As Erik has said already, you guys are able to combine two weapons, a sword and a lance. Your team consists of not only lancers but there are some pretty skilled hussars in there as well. In an engagement that combination is mostly impossible to counter when it‘s done well.

I wouldn't say that's an absolute - I know I always do much better on my own than in the tournaments. And I'm far more of a help to the enemy with a sabre! Being serious though, no couching doesn't affect me in the slightest - I don't do it if I can avoid it (like using a sabre). The debate about lancers is endless, and will never end with everyone satisfied. I just don't like the idea of my team being nerfed, especially when some use couching quite a lot.

Like I said, there may be a compromise. We'll see what happens.

Offline Wasike

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_Wasike
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #467 on: November 11, 2017, 12:58:39 pm »
Lancers may be op or not but you can't just do such a change in the meta within 3 days of the start of the competition.
Many players have been playing and training using the couch wich was elected in a votation and you are just going to ban the couch now because you are scared, please, firmness in your decisions.
I can understand the rage of many players who have been training as a lancer with a playstyle that has been pledged to them and now have to change all that in 3 days.

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #468 on: November 11, 2017, 01:06:16 pm »
I wont argue about the lancer as a broken class or not, but if you are going to limit the gameplay of lances let's not allow hussars to take heavy swords, heavies to take ligth horses and every other class from taking lances from the ground because is "too broken".
Allowing lancers and then, nerf them with this new rule doesnt seems to be the rigth way in my opinion.

This! And pls stop crying about couched lance. Its your problem if you have no idea how to play vs lancer. Most of you are hussars guys, if you want to you can just turn around and retreat without casualties, lancers wont be able to catch you. I dont want to make another drama but.. ehh.. if you are going to forbid couched lance Im gonna demand new rules such a: Hussars cant pick up heavy swords, Cuirasiers cant mount light horses etc.. Poland will play cui, and forbiding couched lance would be awesome for us but lets be fair come on.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:08:27 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline BrokenCrayon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diarmuid
« Reply #469 on: November 11, 2017, 01:13:23 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement. Lancers are not banned across the cavalry groupfighting servers or in the tournament we hold on our server - those "obvious reasons" don't seem to apply there. Many more voted for lancers than not, so I also wouldn't agree that nobody but our team and a few others want us there.

Perhaps a compromise may be reached where we agree to couch only mounted or grounded opponents (for reasons of time I think the latter would be better, but apparently not everyone agrees on that), but I'm more of the opinion that we should either be allowed to play, or not. No talk of nerfing us.
[close]
Why another tradeoff?

In a duel between a lancer vs a hussar e.g, the hussar would be more likely to win. But in a groupfight? As Erik has said already, you guys are able to combine two weapons, a sword and a lance. Your team consists of not only lancers but there are some pretty skilled hussars in there as well. In an engagement that combination is mostly impossible to counter when it‘s done well.

Yes Clausewitz "the best lancer EU" has shown how lancers are over-powered and more than capable to fight....suuuuuuuuuure bud
the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.

Offline Skittles

• Sergeant Major
  • Protector of Virginity
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 11, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »
Does anyone want an argument?  I'm in for a shit debate where we just insult each other for no reason at all over a game.  Who's in?

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #471 on: November 11, 2017, 01:15:37 pm »
Does anyone want an argument?  I'm in for a shit debate where we just insult each other for no reason at all over a game.  Who's in?
you suckk
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 11, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »

Shut up idiot

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #473 on: November 11, 2017, 01:16:33 pm »

Shut up idiot

Rude

Offline Skittles

• Sergeant Major
  • Protector of Virginity
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 11, 2017, 01:17:06 pm »
Spoiler
you suckk
[close]
Yeah but you smell
Spoiler
Shut up idiot
[close]
And you smell too

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 11, 2017, 01:19:59 pm »
You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, you bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish–O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor’s-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

Offline Skittles

• Sergeant Major
  • Protector of Virginity
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:28 pm »
You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, you bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish–O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor’s-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

I'm telling the mod's you're insulting me for no reason Q_Q, reported.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »
OK SORRY

Offline Skittles

• Sergeant Major
  • Protector of Virginity
    • View Profile