Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 156441 times)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #330 on: October 30, 2017, 04:03:54 pm »
Team Turkey Rooster.
Class: Hussars

Captain: Gameshero
Vice-Captain: Levoro

Members:
1 •Gameshero
2 •Levoro
3 •Caucasian
4 •Delitürk
5 •Hanfiri
6 •Rumil
7 •Kerpit
8 •Yeggca
9 •Quake
10 •Adilhan
11 •Atesceken37
12 •Erdem
13 •LUGER
14 • Sonkurt

Total: 14 (I will add another members soon.)

Updated.

I'll add it to the thread soon, thanks Gameshero.
I've been quite busy with the French selections this weekend, now that it's done, news should come soon.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Soartex

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Lt_Soartex
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »
Application for the Media Team,
Your Name: Soartex
Your Steam Name (please give a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/TRH_Soartex/
What would you like to do in the Media Team? (Videos / Videos & Commentaries / Interviews...): Videos & Commentaries with Ouranos

Application for the Media Team,
Your Name: Ouranos
Your Steam Name (please give a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/9eOuRaNos/
What would you like to do in the Media Team? (Videos / Videos & Commentaries / Interviews...): Videos & Commentaries with Soartex

Offline RUF

• Sergeant
  • Wir bleiben was wir waren...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RUF
  • Side: Union
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:39 pm »
The german team so far:

Class: Hussars Lancer

1. Fidje (Captain)
2. Dokletian (Vice Captain)
3. Thales
4. FelgenRalle
5. DarkHawk
6. Goodest
7. Bauer
8. DE14HANNES
9. Blader
10. targeknight
11. Carlok
12. Termi
13. Felix
14. Angel
15. Rapez
16. Recker
17. Tim

More will be added in the future!

Dokle dieses Jahr holt ihr das Ding ja  ;D

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2017, 06:38:37 pm »
Dokle dieses Jahr holt ihr das Ding ja  ;D

Hoff ich doch x)
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2017, 07:14:58 pm »
Your Name: Tardet
Your Steam Name: Tardet
Your Nation: France

Apparently the selections for the French Team are actually over but if you still need a rusty but experienced player, I'm available.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Ghosts

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:33 pm »
Application for Team Player,
Your Name:Ghostsdragon
Your Steam Name (please give a link):https://steamcommunity.com/id/GhostsDragon
Your Nation:Netherlands

Offline Graf_Maximus

• Second Lieutenant
  • Major General of 2y Cavalry-Infantry Brigade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Graf-Maximus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2017, 09:21:12 pm »
  East Slavic National Team:

Class: Hussars

Captain:  Graf-Maximus [RUS]
Co-Captain:Grozni [SRB]
Hokej [SVK]
Achless [CZE]
Lirp [RUS]
Chumaizda[EST]
Reri [CRO]
Ivan [RUS]
Kosingas [SRB]
Ante [CRO]
Goronek [MAC]
iliarkil [RUS]
Hansbach [CZE]
Manka [UKR]
MightyPain [SRB]
Schweinebauer [CRO]

16 people   

Offline Centurion2

• Sergeant
  • Prankeur PRANKER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ibra !
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2017, 09:58:20 pm »
Your Name: Tardet
Your Steam Name: Tardet
Your Nation: France

Apparently the selections for the French Team are actually over but if you still need a rusty but experienced player, I'm available.

+1

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2017, 11:53:44 pm »
Application for an friend

Your Name: Achilles
Your Steam Name (please give a link): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076644839/
Your Nation: Germany

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2017, 08:53:07 am »
Lol lancer is cancer shit noob bitch cyka
See you soon guys xxx
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2017, 05:31:11 pm »
You be nice, Harfy :P

The lancer debate is interesting, if unsurprising. What is surprising is the result of the vote, I fully expected everyone to vote no. Kudos to everyone who voted yes! I look forward to facing you all in the tournament.

As Erik has noted there are checks and balances to each class. Lancers have great reach and couching is a powerful weapon. To counter that, our horses are slower and we do not have the ability to block. Hussars can outrun us, and if they have a numerical superiority, can lock us into a stop and an inevitable death. A good hussar - an actually good hussar - will have no trouble dealing with the best of lancers. There are hussars who destroy me on a daily basis, and while I would only consider myself a half-decent lancer (probably even only half a lancer since I don't couch if I can help it!), I get destroyed on a daily basis by hussars and I've seen it happen to all the great lancers I know.

Instead of screaming about broken classes (c'mon, this is M&B, there are so many things wrong and broken with it we've probably not even gotten to the bottom of that list), play against lancers and learn how to counter them. When I face the best hussars on the field and get annihilated by them every time, I don't bitch about it. I love it when that happens, as frustrating as it can get, because it's the best way for me to learn. When I face a powerful opponent I make that opponent my target as much as I can. The best never complain they're facing a lancer, never cry out the perennial "noob class" or "lancer cancer" insults, they engage with us happily and we get a real fight going.

These are some of the best moments in M&B for me, and I've been playing since alpha .400 of the original, way back in 2002-2003, I think. Sure it's great to see your name at the top of the scoreboard, but it's greater still to face an opponent of equal or greater skill and learn from them. I don't know about lancers being cowards and running away - I know I don't. I always gleefully charge at the opposing team, especially where the knot of enemies are thickest. I suppose the reputation comes from many people new to the game picking the lancer class and being terrible at it. Of the lancers I play with in tournaments, I would call none cowards. I will say that, focusing on enemy lancers whenever they appear, many players with names I don't recognise (and thus, possibly "noobs") do often tend to run away from me, so perhaps there is some truth to the claim... but not for the regulars. Not in the least, not in my experience.

There's a lot of salt in here. I thought for a moment that people might be happy to see some variety brought into the melee tournament, but maybe not. I guess there's nothing that needs to be said that already hasn't. I know a lot of players don't do well against lancers... though this will annoy Diarmuid, I can say there will at least be one lancer who won't use the couch to take you down from your horse (only on grounded opponents when we need to move things along). The reason I expected the vote to go against us is because it's obvious that a lot of people are worried. And... you know what?

They should be :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:40:28 pm by Azhrei »

Offline Odiin

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2017, 07:43:53 pm »
Your Name: Odiin
Your Steam Name (please give a link):https://steamcommunity.com/id/10thOdiin/
Your Nation: United Kingdom

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
You be nice, Harfy :P

The lancer debate is interesting, if unsurprising. What is surprising is the result of the vote, I fully expected everyone to vote no. Kudos to everyone who voted yes! I look forward to facing you all in the tournament.

As Erik has noted there are checks and balances to each class. Lancers have great reach and couching is a powerful weapon. To counter that, our horses are slower and we do not have the ability to block. Hussars can outrun us, and if they have a numerical superiority, can lock us into a stop and an inevitable death. A good hussar - an actually good hussar - will have no trouble dealing with the best of lancers. There are hussars who destroy me on a daily basis, and while I would only consider myself a half-decent lancer (probably even only half a lancer since I don't couch if I can help it!), I get destroyed on a daily basis by hussars and I've seen it happen to all the great lancers I know.

Instead of screaming about broken classes (c'mon, this is M&B, there are so many things wrong and broken with it we've probably not even gotten to the bottom of that list), play against lancers and learn how to counter them. When I face the best hussars on the field and get annihilated by them every time, I don't bitch about it. I love it when that happens, as frustrating as it can get, because it's the best way for me to learn. When I face a powerful opponent I make that opponent my target as much as I can. The best never complain they're facing a lancer, never cry out the perennial "noob class" or "lancer cancer" insults, they engage with us happily and we get a real fight going.

These are some of the best moments in M&B for me, and I've been playing since alpha .400 of the original, way back in 2002-2003, I think. Sure it's great to see your name at the top of the scoreboard, but it's greater still to face an opponent of equal or greater skill and learn from them. I don't know about lancers being cowards and running away - I know I don't. I always gleefully charge at the opposing team, especially where the knot of enemies are thickest. I suppose the reputation comes from many people new to the game picking the lancer class and being terrible at it. Of the lancers I play with in tournaments, I would call none cowards. I will say that, focusing on enemy lancers whenever they appear, many players with names I don't recognise (and thus, possibly "noobs") do often tend to run away from me, so perhaps there is some truth to the claim... but not for the regulars. Not in the least, not in my experience.

There's a lot of salt in here. I thought for a moment that people might be happy to see some variety brought into the melee tournament, but maybe not. I guess there's nothing that needs to be said that already hasn't. I know a lot of players don't do well against lancers... though this will annoy Diarmuid, I can say there will at least be one lancer who won't use the couch to take you down from your horse (only on grounded opponents when we need to move things along). The reason I expected the vote to go against us is because it's obvious that a lot of people are worried. And... you know what?

They should be :)

ok

Offline 4eClausewitz

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »
What is surprising is the result of the vote, I fully expected everyone to vote no. Kudos to everyone who voted yes!

If I remember correctly, the whole vote to allow lancers presupposed that only Ireland would pick the class and that consequently just having one nation as lancers would not be much of a problem. The actual pros and cons of allowing the class were therefore also not discussed (or at least not thoroughly enough). All the nations have voted so not much can be done, but the voting definitely could have gone better if the ramifications of voting in favor of lancers would have been clearer from the get-go (considering multiple nations are now thinking of becoming lancers).

As Erik has noted there are checks and balances to each class. Lancers have great reach and couching is a powerful weapon. To counter that, our horses are slower and we do not have the ability to block. Hussars can outrun us, and if they have a numerical superiority, can lock us into a stop and an inevitable death.

As someone who has played as a hussar for years, a lancer who is skill-wise on equal footing with a hussar will beat the hussar any day of the week. The reason why the lancer class is favorable to any of the other cavalry classes is the ability to switch to another weapon: had the lancers not have had the saber, it would hardly have been unbalanced. The only minor downside to playing a lancer is the medium horse, but this is overshadowed by the ability to couch lance / play on range / switch to another weapon. Naturally there are also upsides to playing any of the other classes, but they are not as great as that of the lancer - which in turn makes them unbalanced. I'm not saying lancers are easy to play, but they do have an advantage over all the other cavalry classes.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:12:41 pm by 4eClausewitz »

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »
ok

Truly worthy of a post, Rasti :)

If I remember correctly, the whole vote to allow lancers presupposed that only Ireland would pick the class and that consequently just having one nation as lancers would not be much of a problem. The actual pros and cons of allowing the class were therefore also not discussed (or at least not thoroughly enough). All the nations have voted so not much can be done, but the voting definitely could have gone better if the ramifications of voting in favor of lancers would have been clearer from the get-go (considering multiple nations are now thinking of becoming lancers).

As you'll see below, I don't agree that lancers are an unfair class, I see them as a valid melee class with as many advantages and shortcomings as the others. I understand why things went the way they did, but if I had any say (which I don't) I would vote yes in future tournaments for any nation to have a team of lancers if they wanted. Those meeting say, our team which has people who play regularly (or only) as lancers on the field might think twice the next time (I don't want to come across as arrogant or anything here, just from experience those who play as lancers have always done better than those who don't).

As someone who has played as a hussar for years, a lancer who is skill-wise on equal footing with a hussar will beat the hussar any day of the week. The reason why the lancer class is favorable to any of the other cavalry classes is the ability to switch to another weapon: had the lancers not have had the saber, it would hardly have been unbalanced. The only minor downside to playing a lancer is the medium horse, but this is overshadowed by the ability to couch lance / play on range / switch to another weapon. Naturally there are also upsides to playing any of the other classes, but they are not as great as that of the lancer - which in turn makes them unbalanced. I'm not saying lancers are easy to play, but they do have an advantage over all the other cavalry classes.

I don't agree. As I said above, the best hussars completely destroy me daily. People like Mr. Annoying cause me no end of grief, and I see the same happening with the best lancers I know. When the right hussars are on a team I usually never see those lancers beating them every or most rounds. They can give them a fight, a challenge, but usually the result is the same.