Poll

Would you like to have a small amount of cavalry enabled on any maps that are suitable?

Yes.
10 (47.6%)
Yes but generals only.
4 (19%)
No.
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 pm

Author Topic: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES)  (Read 307036 times)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Re: GARMO UNBAN REQUEST
« Reply #1035 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:57 pm »
Name under which you were banned - Betty_The_Bomber (I cant explain...)

Server(s) 15th Humans vs. Bots

What was happening when you got banned. I didnt do anything. I think my IP was banned?

Did you break any other rules prior to your ban? Well, before the ban, All I knew was I could not impersanate clan members. I never knew I couldnt impersonate a player. nd at the tme, I didnt kno being named betty was that big of a deal. I knew he was a famous hacker though.

Time and date when the account was banned: Maybe 3/5 or nd maybe 3 or so pm eastern time??

Timezone Eastern USA

User Identification Number* (This is a number server admins can find in their logs THIS IS NOT YOUR CD KEY, DONT POST YOUR CD KEY!)

Why should you be unbanned? At the time, I didnt kno not to impersanate other players. I did it as ajoke because a few guys were talking about him so i left and changed my name. I didnt expect bans for being named betty. I woudve thought people would know that I was a fake betty. Isnt it obvious I would be a fake one? Betty is to smart to use that name now. I thought I would ge a warning to change m name. I was banned from 63e Siege to, but they unbanned me. I been playing on your server for a good amount of time to. maybe 100 or 70 hours on it. I really hope you guys consider this. I honestly did not know it was that serious being named betty... but now i do

Nah, you were one of the people using the Betty hack to crash servers. I could post your game ID for other server owners to put on their lists, if they haven't already banned you or received your ID.
Please do!

Offline gunstones

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I was banned on this sever today.. (perma banned) I placed some stakes but didn't like the position so I destroyed them so I could replace it... to late... perma banned. please unban. I've been playing on this sever for a year with no problems till now.... seriously guys please....

Name when banned: IronClad
Time: 7:25pm Eastern Standard time.
Server:15th Humans vs Bots
Steam name: Indomitable)AS(

Sigh *

Offline thimo1998

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 46e_Lt_Thimo
Unban request
« Reply #1037 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »
Hey i just got banned from the 15th_HUMAN_VS_BOTS server for no reason at al. i was just doing my thing and playing with my brother wen all of the sudden i got banned.
Name under which you were banned: 63e_SoD_thimo1998
Server(s): 15th_human_vs_bots
What was happening when you got banned: I was killing bots and playing with my brother
Did you break any other rules prior to your ban? No i don't think i was. Admin did not give me a warning that i was breaking any rule.
Time and date when the account was banned: 05:00 pm GMT+1 16 March 2015
Timezone: GMT+1
User Identification Number: 529358
Why should you be unbanned?: I have always allot of fun playing on this server.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
why are people still asking for unbans its LITERALLY IN THE TITLE CAN YOU NOT READ
<3

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
its very sad that no-one is able to be unbanned :(

Offline RKR_HB_Kaiser_Magnerheim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RKR_OB_Kaiser_von_Magnerheim
Hello. I wanted to inform you that I have been banned from the 15th Humans vs Bots for advertising and sending out more than one message per round. I understand that no unbans are being granted right now so I wanted to inform you that I am going to try and host my own humans vs bots server in the future. Thankyou.

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
Hello. I wanted to inform you that I have been banned from the 15th Humans vs Bots for advertising and sending out more than one message per round. I understand that no unbans are being granted right now so I wanted to inform you that I am going to try and host my own humans vs bots server in the future. Thankyou.

Nah, dont. Theres already a new HvB

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius

Nah, dont. Theres already a new HvB
yeah , and the 2nd one is also not even dat fame ...
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
15th humans vs bots would be the most popular server had it not been for their awful admin staff. Seriously i do not understand the benefits from perm banning people for minor rule breaking. I understand that you want to keep out the trolls but also understand that at this point you have basically banned half of your original community. I am not kidding you. I was perm banned a year ago and i can promise you i am not a troll, i host events now. From what i've seen, many of the people here asking to get unbaned are not trolls, they just messed up, a lot of the time on accident. The way you treat the people on your server has even hurt your regiment's reputation because that server is what youre known for. I'm not suggesting that you unban everyone, but atleast accept some of the unban requests. If you don't youll just continue to lose players, your regiment will have less recruits, and youll continue to encourage this negative reputation against yourself.

If you decide not to listen to what i have to say, then at least have the decency to follow this.
1. WARN FIRST, if this does not work then
2. TEMP BAN SECOND, if this does not work then
3. PERM BAN
Way too many of your admins go straight for the perm ban, even for minor issues when the problem could have been solved simply by giving a warning. The only instance i can see a perm ban being used first is if someone joins the server and immediately starts TKing people. Verbal abuse in my opinion should be a temp ban but its up to you if you want to perm for that.

Perming for destroying defenses that they themselves built? That it outright ridiculous and your admin staff should be ashamed of themselves. Give warnings more, for christ sake.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:58:46 pm by Glukhovsky »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
<15th trembling in their boots>
<3

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
15th humans vs bots would be the most popular server had it not been for their awful admin staff. Seriously i do not understand the benefits from perm banning people for minor rule breaking. I understand that you want to keep out the trolls but also understand that at this point you have basically banned half of your original community. I am not kidding you. I was perm banned a year ago and i can promise you i am not a troll, i host events now. From what i've seen, many of the people here asking to get unbaned are not trolls, they just messed up, a lot of the time on accident. The way you treat the people on your server has even hurt your regiment's reputation because that server is what youre known for. I'm not suggesting that you unban everyone, but atleast accept some of the unban requests. If you don't youll just continue to lose players, your regiment will have less recruits, and youll continue to encourage this negative reputation against yourself.

If you decide not to listen to what i have to say, then at least have the decency to follow this.
1. WARN FIRST, if this does not work then
2. TEMP BAN SECOND, if this does not work then
3. PERM BAN
Way too many of your admins go straight for the perm ban, even for minor issues when the problem could have been solved simply by giving a warning. The only instance i can see a perm ban being used first is if someone joins the server and immediately starts TKing people. Verbal abuse in my opinion should be a temp ban but its up to you if you want to perm for that.

Perming for destroying defenses that they themselves built? That it outright ridiculous and your admin staff should be ashamed of themselves. Give warnings more, for christ sake.

So wait. If we have banned half our original community, that means there is only a total of 8,000 IDs or so that actually could/do play, with several hundred IDs belonging to multiple people? Explains a lot.

Now, I'll give you a few stats. We have over 4,000 ban IDs. This is not individual people. We also received hundreds of IDs from other groups. We also probably lost at a few times hundreds of IDs when the overall server running our server crashed.

Also, we haven't been a regiment for a while. We just host servers. We have 2 admins now, 4 in total but the other 2 don't admin much so really the 15th is just 4 people. Now most people, only get temp-banned now. Why? Because they don't read the game rules. 5 commanders, hundreds of lines of text from people complaining why people can't follow this simple rule, I read daily.

Now admins, with just 2 we just don't ban. Sappers we watch, we see who builds what. The last sapper I banned used out of the start 150 build points, with 45 or so already used another 66 points of explosive crates. Now it states in the game rules, no explosive crates by defenders. So already a rule always there, that can be seen was broken twice with explosives used and in a large amount. A sapper I watched 2 days ago, built some defenses, then declared, "These defenses I built suck, I'm destroying with my sapper axe". I continued to watch, defenses destroyed, points returned to the team and better defenses built. No admin actions taken.

Teamkilling is not a problem on our server, as since November 2012, teamkilling has never been on other than the few minutes after the server has been restarted and then turned off. Although that hasn't stopped I believe at last count 174 people mainly on steam asking for an unban for teamkilling someone.

Now for chat, more often than not, 2 warnings are given out. First is nicely asking for certain convos to stop, 2nd is pretty much saying stop fucking typing or get banned. Most stop, others believe they are entitled to say whatever they like as if it was a blog. Only convos I just ban without warning are ones that usually involve 1-4 people who begin chatting about a large genocide of jews needs to occur again and soon.

Now all I am gonna say now is, you really are uninformed about the going-ons with our server. But we really don't care about being popular, we only have Napoleonic Roleplay getting higher pops now. 33rd and 63e Sieges have all but disappeared. Even Minisiege has upped their limit from 64 to 80, so they stay at 100% capacity for most of NW-EU primetime.

People or random people don't really care about how servers are run, they go where the pop is. When the main servers crash, people go onto the next available server and stay there till it crashes or the natural flow of time makes people close the game. Then if the server they usually play on is back the next day, they go there again.

We only have people bitch because most were punished as regiments, now most bitch because they get punished with temp-bans for not reading. Its pretty rare to get perma-banned anymore, yet people still find ways, especially funny with the people who WANT banned, then contact me on steam saying something like, "Thanks, it took a bit longer than I thought but now I'm banned!". Heck, I've had probably 50+ people on Red Orchestra 2 tell me they tried to get banned or their friend tried to get banned.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
Alright, i see many of your point, but that still does not explain why you will not unban people. My offense happened over a fucking year ago and i don't see myself getting unbanned anytime soon due to your current policy on such things. I do not troll anymore, even when i did, it was mild at best. I host events, i am an NWL referee, im helping host TNWL, i have hosted my own tournaments and LBs. TNWL is working on getting a GF server up. What i am trying to say is that people change, maybe i could understand keeping them perm banned for like a couple months but a YEAR???

Now ill admit, what i did to get perm banned was worth it at the time and ill tell you.
There was 2 other people in the server named God and Satan and they were joking around, they said nothing offensive. I changed my name to Allah and rejoin the server and start joking around with them. The thing was that at no point in time were we actually making fun of these religions. It was more like "I'm the real god" and "No! I'm the real god." Just mild trolling, and ill admit that the ban had a reason and ill submit to it. Remember though that this has been over ONE YEAR!

Was what i did worth being banned from the server forever without any possibility of an unban?????

Remember people change. You don't throw people in jail forever for stealing. Yes of course stealing is wrong but you need to give the punishment that is equal to the crime. Know that the you of 1 year ago is completely different from the you now.

Offline IamBatman

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Temp banned 30 seconds after joining server on bots side with no warning. There were over 5 on bots already who weren't being kicked and over 90 on humans, giving them a  pretty ridiculous advantage already. Pls tell admins to communicate before abusing their powers.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:09:29 am by IamBatman »

Offline InUrBase, EatingUrBacon

• First Lieutenant
  • Heil Hillary
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]TheFlood_ChrisPBacon
I don't agree with the ban policy but poor Harvain gets shit from NW and from people in Red Orchestra whenever I play in a server with him.
Quote from loyal PLG cultist
yeah i'm so glad i joined this respectful, loving christian regiment that in no way makes me feel ashamed of my race.
[close]

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
Temp banned 30 seconds after joining server on bots side with no warning. There were over 5 on bots already who weren't being kicked and over 90 on humans, giving them a  pretty ridiculous advantage already. Pls tell admins to communicate before abusing their powers.

You didn't read the Game Rules? It has the warning there, so you did have a warning.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.