Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 218884 times)

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
  • A Clew has no weaknesses, but two strong fists.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2013, 11:07:58 pm »
DAT:
"Copying&pasting more than 1 item isn't possible."

Why?  :'(
Tavington:"Another GroupFighting server blablabla ClewFighting fcking frogs."
Contacts

My TeamSpeak: 91.121.26.112
[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »
How do I use ground color paint? EX: add blood on the ground, When I go into ground color paint it does not let me place anything. I have seen this done on several maps and would like to know how its done, Note that this is NOT ground texture paint I want to know about, Any help would be nice :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:55:43 am by Conway »

Offline Johnny_Reb

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2013, 03:52:32 pm »
Hi guys!
I'm trying to edit some scenes so I could help some modders...
I only have a pair of questions.
How do I set down all the parameters of a custom map in order to create a plain without those damn hills I hate so much?
And more, how can I enlarge a custom map?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:00:50 pm by Johnny_Reb »

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »
Hi guys!
I'm trying to edit some scenes so I could help some modders...
I only have a pair of questions.
How do I set down all the parameters of a custom map in order to create a plain without those damn hills I hate so much?
And more, how can I enlarge a custom map?
Use the tool, you have map size, terrain, vegetation parameters here http://mbcommands.ollclan.eu/terrain/#0x00000001324000000005194a000041ef00005ae800003c55

Place the scene code you generate into your scenes.txt under the map name you are replacing. Oh and you can flatten the scene by using the terrain, setting height to 0, radius 100 and then just draw it along the map...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2013, 10:43:54 pm »
So I've made a siege map and I have everything I want in (walls, redoubts for attackers, and scenery) but I'm having trouble as to how to add artillery and spawn points.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
So I've made a siege map and I have everything I want in (walls, redoubts for attackers, and scenery) but I'm having trouble as to how to add artillery and spawn points.

Spawn points:
Entry points are items that have designated scripts attached to them. Select 'Entry Point' from the drop-down menu and press 'Space Bar' so you can see the entry point. We'll start with spawns.

For team one spawn, you need to place 32 entry points in the location you want them to spawn in. Like so:

You then need to right click each entry point you laid down and edit the variable, giving each one a number from 0 to 31.

For team 2, you lay down 31 entry points where you want them to spawn and name the first one '32' up till '63'. So the basic concept is :

Team 1: 0-31
Team 2: 32-63

Same problem, I don't find a way to allow arty class for a custom map.

Edit:

search for this item in the list: mm_spawn_with_cannon

var1 = spawn limitation;
             1= Spawn with cannons only
             2 = Spawn with rockets only
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:15:01 am by BigRedOne »
Contacts

[close]

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2014, 11:41:10 am »
How do I use ground color paint? EX: add blood on the ground, When I go into ground color paint it does not let me place anything. I have seen this done on several maps and would like to know how its done, Note that this is NOT ground texture paint I want to know about, Any help would be nice :)
Here's a tutorial made by me that covers that(well in reference to the ground texturing), but basically the sliders on the bottom represent RGB colours so just use the sliders to get your wanted colour, adjust the radius to 2-3 for small areas 10+ for larger and right click on the ground to paint the world.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:28 am »
Hello I need some help again.... I have been making a siege map that has a fort in the middle of a forest, The problem is the trees.....Every tree is mm_pine_copy. Half of the trees can be seen fully from any point of the map but others for some reason can only be seen as sticks from anywhere on the map and are only full trees up close, I'd like to know how I can fix this because its not going to look good with half a forest nice trees and the other half big wooden sticks.

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2014, 05:35:07 am »
Hello I need some help again.... I have been making a siege map that has a fort in the middle of a forest, The problem is the trees.....Every tree is mm_pine_copy. Half of the trees can be seen fully from any point of the map but others for some reason can only be seen as sticks from anywhere on the map and are only full trees up close, I'd like to know how I can fix this because its not going to look good with half a forest nice trees and the other half big wooden sticks.

This is not really a bug it's for reduced lag on the map. To fix your problem find the trees you want in the "Scene props" list and not in the "Plants" list (Search: mm_tree_vegetation). Therefore trees will be visible evreywhere one the map. Don't forget to add the random scale and rotation option to obtain a realistic forest :)
Contacts

[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »
I have found myself facing something countless times and its not just for the custom maps, When you go to edit a custom map and flatten everything out then change the ground texture from the normal to lets say snow, There is a lot of green/brow patch's left on the ground. If anyone can tell me how to fix this that would be great!

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:24 pm »
I have found myself facing something countless times and its not just for the custom maps, When you go to edit a custom map and flatten everything out then change the ground texture from the normal to lets say snow, There is a lot of green/brow patch's left on the ground. If anyone can tell me how to fix this that would be great!

Same problem for me no way to fix it  :-\
Contacts

[close]

Offline 00th_Kcblue

• Private
  • Live Long And Prosper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kcblue
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2014, 09:23:52 am »
Hello

I have a question about adding custom maps into the server. For the past 2 weeks I've been looking around to find some way to add custom maps into my server. I co-host a linebattle on Fridays and I was wondering if there is anyway to add custom maps so then we can play on it. As of now I'm not sure how to put maps into the server and I'm also going to be using already made maps for the event. It would be appreciated if anyone can help me.

00t_Kcblue

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2014, 02:14:54 pm »
Hello

I have a question about adding custom maps into the server. For the past 2 weeks I've been looking around to find some way to add custom maps into my server. I co-host a linebattle on Fridays and I was wondering if there is anyway to add custom maps so then we can play on it. As of now I'm not sure how to put maps into the server and I'm also going to be using already made maps for the event. It would be appreciated if anyone can help me.

00t_Kcblue
Are you paying for a server to be hosted? Or hosting it yourself?
In case you're not hosting it on your machine, but rather paying for it,
You need FTP access to the server. This can be done via FileZilla or any similar program, contact your hoster about the details on how to connect(IP, port, username, password etc.). When you are inside, you want to go to the /Modules>/NW then into the /SceneObj folder. If you want to replace one of the custom maps with your map, simply rename your(the one you made) map to scn_mp_custom_map_x(x being the map number you want to replace) and then upload it to the server, and replace the existing custom map. When you restart the server(on the game control panel) and pick the map on the administrator panel in-game, your custom map should appear.

If you're hosting on your own PC, just replace the custom map with your custom map inside the NW folder you're hosting out of.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:54 am »
This is somewhere but I have no idea where....So I'm taking the lazy way out :P Does anybody know the variables to make weather work? I mean all of them not just "Well just type random things and it will work". If you can provide me with any of the variables then that would be great!.....I hope its variables :P

Offline Stijntje462

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steinerz
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »
Hey guys

just trying to make some scenes but i stumbeld up to a problem. you now when you place down a prob you can change the direction whit the Y,Z,X etc. but how do i move it again like for one example to the other side of the scene?

Stein
Stein-Kun