Poll

Will you be buying Assassin's Creed Unity?

Yes
No
I'm a poor man

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Unity  (Read 63607 times)

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Assassin's Creed Unity
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:57 am »
Is it just me, or those royalist Frenchmen in the trailer are wearing Austrian bearskins?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:25 am »
I know they have their own twist on style of uniforms and gear but would it be too much to have them really 'immerse' the animus user with historical accuracy of atleast the uniforms instead of wanting a mission rated by the global community?

The debate over uniforms in just the trailer is killing the interest for the game a bit quickly.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2014, 10:16:57 am »
If that is suppose to be the Storming of the Bastille, then it is an incredibly poor representation of it, not just due to the uniforms. I had hopes that it was suppose to be some ridiculous alternate history event where there was a second storming after the king was deposed but seeing it again I doubt that's the case. What a shame. I was really pleasantly surprised at how historically accurate Black Flag was but it looks like they're throwing all the history out for this one.

Black flag? That was the worst of them all. Ships were horrible, scenes were horrible, uniforms were horrible.

Atleast they get the general architecture of the time right. That is the only thing that every really interested me in AC games. The architecture always was great, AC3s cities look pretty amazing, and Paris in this new AC game does to.

Also, the Uniforms are blue, because they obviously can't get their research right. They probably just googled: "French revolutionary soldier" Which is obviously wrong...
Or maybe that was a design choice. Because the french are blue, right? How can they be white?

Just like they did it in blackflag. If I remember right, the brits all were red, because you know, theyre brits. And the spanish all were white. They cant make the french white. That would probably confuse alot of people. RIIIGHT?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
Well im tired of these style assassin creed games, By far the last assassins creed i truly enjoyed and continue to play is Assassins Creed II. I just want them to stop hinting towards the idea of a Sengoku Jidai era japan game and actually put the idea in motion, As i think a game like this will show the world that they are ready to put an interesting, enjoyable and new experience into the series, As these style games at the moment like AC3 and black flag are just plain boring and highly inaccurate just as olafson says.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2014, 11:47:08 am »
What interests me in this game is the new co-op and that the world feels more alive and that you play a bigger role with it. I mean instead of hiding in the crowd you are now one with the crowd helping it and making the world progress also the new open building (if it is as in the trailer) will also make the game more living since you haven't really been able to be much inside buildings before. This makes this game the most interesting AC so far IMO. And hopefully a good one to.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:49:15 am by Furrnox »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 12:31:08 pm »
I might also add that the alternate history portion of AC games doesn't usually come in until more than halfway through when the story is more developed, so it seems extremely unlikely to me that anything inaccurate in the trailers and pre-release footage would be that way intentionally due to plot twists and Templar meddling, etc.. It seems like they just got it wrong, and that's the end of it. Hopefully they fix it, but I sort of doubt they will.
I would hope they fix it too but I mean, the average person who'll be playing this game will have no idea and in the end, it's time traveling murder. Let's all just go with the flow, man. Free love and dope, bro
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »
Will France ban this game this year?
The first modder for NW.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 03:04:23 pm »
Another thing, in AC3 and AC4 the muskets sounds are horrible, more like toys than actual guns. I do hope they at least fixed that.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:31 pm »
I might also add that the alternate history portion of AC games doesn't usually come in until more than halfway through when the story is more developed, so it seems extremely unlikely to me that anything inaccurate in the trailers and pre-release footage would be that way intentionally due to plot twists and Templar meddling, etc.. It seems like they just got it wrong, and that's the end of it. Hopefully they fix it, but I sort of doubt they will.
I would hope they fix it too but I mean, the average person who'll be playing this game will have no idea and in the end, it's time traveling murder. Let's all just go with the flow, man. Free love and dope, bro

But they went out of their way to make the uniforms blue. It's not like it would have been difficult at all to make them accurate - and the current uniforms seem to have a lot of work put into them. Maybe they just thought they looked better, but the fact that nobody would notice doesn't seem like an excuse to get them wrong that badly.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 05:09:18 pm »

But they went out of their way to make the uniforms blue. It's not like it would have been difficult at all to make them accurate - and the current uniforms seem to have a lot of work put into them. Maybe they just thought they looked better, but the fact that nobody would notice doesn't seem like an excuse to get them wrong that badly.
I don't think they went out of their way just to spite everyone :P. Im not defending their lack of attention to detail but I think what they are doing is coming from a point of convenience. Later Republican uniforms are blue and from what I've seen, you end up fighting the Republic. Maybe they did that simply to get the player to constantly kill blue wearing enemies and make it easier to recognize a friend from a foe at a distance.

Would I want to see historically accurate uniforms? Yes. Can they change them? Yes. Will they? If enough attention is brought to the matter.

And in a quick defense of AC, they have always done and lot more and paid a ton of more detail when it comes to historical detail in the setting. When in comes to buildings and your locations, their representations are simply amazing.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Price

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 05:36:51 pm »
I can imagine it now...
An Assassins Creed mixed with Les Miserables.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 09:04:47 pm »
If that is suppose to be the Storming of the Bastille, then it is an incredibly poor representation of it, not just due to the uniforms. I had hopes that it was suppose to be some ridiculous alternate history event where there was a second storming after the king was deposed but seeing it again I doubt that's the case. What a shame. I was really pleasantly surprised at how historically accurate Black Flag was but it looks like they're throwing all the history out for this one.

Black flag? That was the worst of them all. Ships were horrible, scenes were horrible, uniforms were horrible.

Atleast they get the general architecture of the time right. That is the only thing that every really interested me in AC games. The architecture always was great, AC3s cities look pretty amazing, and Paris in this new AC game does to.

Also, the Uniforms are blue, because they obviously can't get their research right. They probably just googled: "French revolutionary soldier" Which is obviously wrong...
Or maybe that was a design choice. Because the french are blue, right? How can they be white?

Just like they did it in blackflag. If I remember right, the brits all were red, because you know, theyre brits. And the spanish all were white. They cant make the french white. That would probably confuse alot of people. RIIIGHT?

I meant more in regards to the historical characters and the events surrounding them. I think it's pretty much a given that the series hasn't given a damn about making uniforms and armors historically accurate since the first one. If you read the histories of Jack Rackham, Ben Hornigold, Mary Read, Ann Bonny, Charles Vane, and Blackbeard, the game actually does a not too shabby job of portraying them accurately.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »

Searching up "1789 French Royalist soldier" also yields results with blue uniforms. So does "French revolution bourbon infantry" or "French counter-revolutionary royal forces". The strange thing is, most of the pictures with blue uniforms link back to the wikipedia page for the French Revolutionary Army. It seems like there's very little immediately available visual information on the royalist forces of the revolution, but some deeper searching could have easily yielded good results.

That is, of course assuming that they did use the internet to help with their research, which was a horrible decision. On the other hand, if they hired actual experts to help them with this then it's even more inexcusable, as it should have been entirely in their knowledge what the uniforms looked like.

OR, this could have happened:

Spoiler
[close]

Obviously this is about movies and not video games, but I think it applies to both.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »
Have not seen a lot of this but I'm a huge AC fan so this will be interesting.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
Some more Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]

I'm asking the same question...