Author Topic: Unban request - Assburger - NW_Official_EU1  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Azzburger

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Unban request - Assburger - NW_Official_EU1
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »
Server: NW_Official_EU1
What was happening: I think i got banned because of my name, "Assburger". I was talking with my friend on Steam and when i got back to playing, i got banned almost immediately. I don't know who banned me and why. I got banned couple of months back because of my name, but admins haven't cared about it for a long time. I have played with most of the admins and they are nice and funny people and don't get offended by my name.
Time: December 18th 2012 ~22.30?
Timezone: GMT +2
User ID number: 315199

Offline Beep_Beep_im_a_Jeep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Unban request - Assburger - NW_Official_EU1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »
I absolutely support this. Nobody ever took offense by that name except Vincenzo. Assburger played for months on this server and all other admins didn't care about it. I really don't get why Vincenzo would ban someone over a name like this. I'm not one for screaming admin abuse at every decision I don't like, but it is very clear to me that Vincenzo made a very, very bad decision here. Besides if you hate that word so much and think it is wrong to use, you could ban all players because everyone, including admins, use that word all the time. I hope Assburger gets a fair chance of being unbanned, but I fear the worst because it is Vincenzo who banned him.

Offline RockheadRumple

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09:10 pm »
I have seen Assburger around on the server a lot and no admins have ever mentioned his name or that he should change it, i've never seen any public players take offence to it. In Bulgaria I have eaten Assburgers and I wasn't offended.

ass 
/as/
Noun
A hoofed mammal (genus Equus) of the horse family with a braying call, typically smaller than a horse and with longer ears.
This is the internet, you have no right, and more over, FSE has final say on this part of the internet. Freedom of speech does not apply here, in a nutshell, if you don't like it, move on. FSE have the final say.

Offline Ymira

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »
Same, never seen an admin take offence to his name while playing at the same time, I've also seen names far worse including the F and C words get away with it. Ass is pretty tame in comparision.
In America 'Ass' isn't even really a swear word as they use 'bum' for something totally different and yes an Ass is also an animal; which burgers are usually made out of!

Offline Hogstedt

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:58 pm »
Permanently banning someone for calling himself Assburger is just wrong....
I was there when he got banned and i myself got kicked for "arguing against the admins" for saying how unfair it was..

Offline Creed

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr57_Fus_Creed
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:37 pm »
yeah ive seen people with names that are a lot worse than assburgers that get away with it, even people with the N word in their name. i told an admin about it and did nothing. so i support this thread and hope to see assburger on the battlefield again soon :)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »
We have a strict naming policy, no bad wording.

I asked you before to change your name more than a month ago, you did and I assumed that was the end of it, yesterday joined the server for the first time in a while to see that you have changed your name back, ignoring my previous warnings, you now have a month ban. Bump the thread in 30 days to get a unban.

Not all admins follow my policy corectly as evident, I'll instruct the admin team to be more strict on player names. thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Offline Beep_Beep_im_a_Jeep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 01:06:00 pm »
This is just absurd. This isn't the 1600's anymore. Nobody consider ''ass'''to be a bad word except you. Besides does this mean that whenever I post some screens of people using that word, that person will get banned?

Offline Nicolas1224

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gentleman_TsarNicolas
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »
Hey all :)

It's not that I don't think that assburger wasn't wrong, and that vincenzo isn't right, but could we maybe come to an agreement? Like, you, o mighty admin, give him 1 more chance. And assburger changes his name into something less
assy?
Signed,

Tsar Nicholas , Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Tsar of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Kazan, Astrakhan, of Poland, of Siberia, of Tauric Chersonese, of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, Grand Duke of Smolensk, of Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogotia, Bialostock, Karelia, Tver, Yougouria, Perm, Viatka, Bulgaria, and other countries; Lord and Grand Duke of Lower Novgorod, of Tchernigov, Riazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslav, Belozero, Oudoria, Obdoria, Condia, Vitebsk, Mstislav and, all the region of the North, Lord and Sovereign of the countries of Iveria, Cartalinia, Kabardinia and the provinces of Armenia, Sovereign of the Circassian Princes and the Mountain Princes,Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig Holstein, of Storman, of the Ditmars, and of Oldenbourg

Offline Nicolas1224

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gentleman_TsarNicolas
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:41 pm »
Forget about my post, he's getting unbanned in a month so that's ok I guess  ;) ;)
Signed,

Tsar Nicholas , Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Tsar of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Kazan, Astrakhan, of Poland, of Siberia, of Tauric Chersonese, of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, Grand Duke of Smolensk, of Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogotia, Bialostock, Karelia, Tver, Yougouria, Perm, Viatka, Bulgaria, and other countries; Lord and Grand Duke of Lower Novgorod, of Tchernigov, Riazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslav, Belozero, Oudoria, Obdoria, Condia, Vitebsk, Mstislav and, all the region of the North, Lord and Sovereign of the countries of Iveria, Cartalinia, Kabardinia and the provinces of Armenia, Sovereign of the Circassian Princes and the Mountain Princes,Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig Holstein, of Storman, of the Ditmars, and of Oldenbourg

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 01:24:41 pm »
I hate to go against you, Vince, but a ban of a month for a mildly offense name? I understand that you made it this high because you already warned him, but I think a lot of people agree with me that that is a too harsh decision, especially since this person is on EU 1 very regularly. He has done nothing wrong as far as I've seen, except for his name in a very mild way.
Plus, it's nearly Christmas. A time for forgiveness, right? ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:26:13 pm by Maroon »

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:58 pm »
Lets leave the comments there to avoid confusion. Like Vince said, he has to bump the thread in 30 days so stop posting in here.

Offline TURK

• First Lieutenant
  • #Bestfriendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH PAIN?

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »
TURK, Completley invalid since a decision has been reached, refrain from posting here