Author Topic: Unfair Muting  (Read 39703 times)

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Unfair Muting
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:01 am »
Tav you should run for the prime minester / president of ireland 

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:51 am »
I wish I could say I see it that way, but simply I don't. I'd explain my case, however for some reason I'm really not able to form coherent statements tonight to prove a point, so I'll leave it between you and anyone else who wants to argue on Joker's side.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:56 am »
I wish I could say I see it that way, but simply I don't. I'd explain my case, however for some reason I'm really not able to form coherent statements tonight to prove a point, so I'll leave it between you and anyone else who wants to argue on Joker's side.
There's no need to argue, anyone can see that the mute was a blatant attempt to shut me up.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2013, 01:29:35 am »
Well that is what happens in Communist Russia , someone speaks out against putin he gets rid of him

Just an example of Tavs point :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:31:20 am by CHARLES111MAC »

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline Roy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:47 am »
There's no need to argue, anyone can see that the mute was a blatant attempt to shut me up.
No Tav you get muted because you are consistently trolling other regiments and instigating fights.
I agree with Aldemar you should be banned
Just because you have a big regiment doesn't give you the right to troll others.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:19 am »
Rejenorst I would advice you to not go around in the forums and tell people how little you know about being a forum admin..
Good job that he is not a forum moderator then :-P

Exactly. I am not a moderator but I have mod powers so I am filling in a bit. I won't be here as much as time goes on.

Spoiler
[close]

I think that's inherent in the idea of a mute. The problem is that some people continually insult and continually draw attention to themselves and continually find nothing better to do than attack company forum policy and moderators. This is a private company forum and while I applaud the ideals of free-speech; this being a company forum that can be viewed by the public != your personal springboard for all the ideas, concepts or insults etc which you would love to discuss. Allow me to quote the TW forums as an example:

Armagan's word is final
These boards are provided at Taleworld's expense for fans of Mount & Blade. Purchasing a licence does not confer any right of access to these boards, you have no right of free speech or anything of the sort. This should be considered a privately owned forum of which we are all guests, nothing more. While we do try to work with and listen to the community, once a decision has been made no amount of complaining is likely to alter it.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:33:44 am by Rejenorst »
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:05 am »
Ok I'm probably going to get muted myself for this but this needs to be posted. Even after all this stupid drama there's still completely biased moderating going on. The image below shows the latest one I've seen, sadly I'm sure there'll be more.

Please can we either hold the same rules for everyone, or stop moderating certain people for anything possible.

+ 1 I agree

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2013, 04:20:37 am »
I don't, because Tavington aimed that directly at Joker, while Joker didn't mention or aim his remark at anyone.

Offline 0xC000009D

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2013, 04:30:28 am »
Well that is what happens in Communist Russia , someone speaks out against putin he gets rid of him

Guys, seriously, this is not funny. You do not fit in, speaking in Russian, as if you were to visit the country.

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2013, 05:02:46 am »
Call Tav your free-speech martyr if you want to, but what he said was obviously intended to be offensive/insulting, while what Joker said was not.

I also fail to see how insulting bronies is "speaking against FSE".

Saying something like "FSE has really screwed up melee, they need to fix it, blah blah blah." can be called "speaking against FSE" but saying "I hate bronies." however tactlessly worded it maybe, is not. Regardless of FSE's opinion on ponies/bronies.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2013, 05:07:55 am »
What's so insulting about being called a 5 year old girl (not that Tavington directly called anyone). Those who interprate that as offensive are obviously misogynistic and ageistic, whereas Tavington has not explicitely shown that he is. For all you know he could have been tired of them because he works in a kindergarten and comes into contact with pony-loving 5 year old girls all the time and wishes to have some time off from them (they can be an unwieldy bunch).

If it's for off-topic remarks then fair enough, but perhaps a mute is a bit severe in that instance.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:11:47 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2013, 05:12:40 am »
It wasn't a direct mute, I don't know how many times this has to be said.

It was an added 10, to whatever he had previously.

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2013, 05:19:03 am »
(they can be an unwieldy bunch).
I'll give you that, however, while being called a 5 year old girl who loves ponies may not be offensive in itself, Tavongton's use of it (Tav can correct me if I'm wrong) was intended to be offensive.

Telling someone that you think they resemble a pony-loving 5 year old girl is one thing, but using that to intentionally insult them is another.

And as Windbusche said, this isn't Tavington's first offense.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Smithy91

• First Sergeant
  • Bruhlan Commander "Earn the Right."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smithy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2013, 05:24:57 am »
Dear god, this thread is the most ridiculous thing i've read in a long time.

This forum is hosted by a company, a small one for sure, but still, a company. By buying the game, you did not receive a share, or a part of the company, or the priviliges to do as you wish with a 'freedom of speech' ideal, you simply bought the product...and sure, you can review it, you can comment on it and suggest ideas to the company...but it is NOT your right.

This is the internet, you have no right, and more over, FSE has final say on this part of the internet. Freedom of speech does not apply here, in a nutshell, if you don't like it, move on. FSE have the final say.

Tavington's posts have, for a long time, been useless to any OP on threads, as well as often meant to cause aggrivation to some intended target. Whilst he is not the only one that does this, it should be recognised that this is what he does, and as others have said above, this builds up and something happens concerning it, when it does, the whole Tavington fan club come on the bandwagon claiming that it was unfair and it's FSE's corruption that caused the mute.  Being a popular member of the community does not excuse behaviour that is not excused by the owners of the site....aka, FSE.

As far as i'm aware, Joker11 does not have this kind of 'rep' within the forum community. As such, he would not have been muted....also, i should mention that Joker11 was keeping his comment, whilst not constructive...it was on topic...please explain to me what part of Tavington's post was remaining on topic?

Oh, yeah...you can't, as per a majority of his useless posts on this forum.

Don't whine and bitch about 'unfair muting' when you are on the internet, specifically, someone else's internet site, paid for and maintained to allow YOU to enjoy the game further and keep in contact with the development team if needed/desired. As said, you have no rights on the internet, stop hiding behind your keyboard ego's and believing that because you are a self proclaimed leader, you are above other people.

No doubt the Tavington bandwagon crew will come along and twist these words, but to those of you that have a brain cell, let this thread die out and forget it happened. If anyone wants to discuss what i've said, PM me as I won't be assed to come back to this failure of a thread, created by a failure of a community.

Peace

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:51 am »
Dear god, this thread is the most ridiculous thing i've read in a long time.

This forum is hosted by a company, a small one for sure, but still, a company. By buying the game, you did not receive a share, or a part of the company, or the priviliges to do as you wish with a 'freedom of speech' ideal, you simply bought the product...and sure, you can review it, you can comment on it and suggest ideas to the company...but it is NOT your right.

This is the internet, you have no right, and more over, FSE has final say on this part of the internet. Freedom of speech does not apply here, in a nutshell, if you don't like it, move on. FSE have the final say.

In the legalities of it yes you're right, but business logic would say you're wrong. Customers are right, especially if they are actually donating to a project, because the success of the project depends on their willingness to give you good press and buy the product. So your point is a bit moot.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC