Author Topic: Download Link Now Available V4  (Read 258635 times)

Offline IWelly

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.03 (Released)
« Reply #675 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »
Personally i think that the Zulu's where already underpowered in the 0.02 version, and with the reduced accuracy i only see this becoming more of a problem. In the last "battle" i went to ( Also my first ) the Zulu's didn't really have a chance until we went mostly rifles and it was a 1:1 battle. And then we still had a lot of problem with defeating the British ( I believe we won 1 round, out of 7 ). I understand where you are coming from with the reduced accuracy, but i think that would only make the game more unbalanced. I might of course be wrong.

Anyway good mod and keep it up :D

You have a point. We have to make it so that bots are really terrible and human zulus aren't, it's also difficult given the zulus limited variety. I think a better way to make it balanced would to be more restrictive on the British.

I Believe it to be a fault in the event hoster.  They need to balance players so its at least 1:2 because ofc 1:1 isnt at all fair as zulu's would just get wiped out.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #676 on: January 20, 2013, 01:34:26 pm »
Personally i think that the Zulu's where already underpowered in the 0.02 version, and with the reduced accuracy i only see this becoming more of a problem. In the last "battle" i went to ( Also my first ) the Zulu's didn't really have a chance until we went mostly rifles and it was a 1:1 battle. And then we still had a lot of problem with defeating the British ( I believe we won 1 round, out of 7 ). I understand where you are coming from with the reduced accuracy, but i think that would only make the game more unbalanced. I might of course be wrong.

You have a point. We have to make it so that bots are really terrible and human Zulus aren't, it's also difficult given the Zulus limited variety. I think a better way to make it balanced would to be more restrictive on the British.

I Believe it to be a fault in the event hoster.  They need to balance players so its at least 1:2 because ofc 1:1 isn't at all fair as Zulus would just get wiped out.

But the developers want this to be a Player vs Player mod, not a player vs Bot mod. To achieve this both factions will have to be balanced, because there is no way that you are going to get a perfect 2:1 balance without admins forcing it on people. Also people like Britain more, so there most likely will be more people on Britain then there will be on Zulus.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:44 pm »
Spoiler

You have a point. We have to make it so that bots are really terrible and human Zulus aren't, it's also difficult given the Zulus limited variety. I think a better way to make it balanced would to be more restrictive on the British.

I Believe it to be a fault in the event hoster.  They need to balance players so its at least 1:2 because ofc 1:1 isn't at all fair as Zulus would just get wiped out.
[close]

But the developers want this to be a Player vs Player mod, not a player vs Bot mod. To achieve this both factions will have to be balanced, because there is no way that you are going to get a perfect 2:1 balance without admins forcing it on people. Also people like Britain more, so there most likely will be more people on Britain then there will be on Zulus.

We want it to be humans Vs bots and humans vs humans, that's why the humans Zulu has different stats to the bot zulus, which is quite noticeable when you respawn as a bot. We do want it to be balanced for PvP however we still want it to be representative of the Zulu war, so Zulus should still have to outnumber Brits in PvP. At the first tuesday event it was perfect, the Brits had 40 and the Zulus had 60, and it was very balanced with the Zulus winning 2 our of 5 rounds and all rounds being close, the Brits were using proper formations and the map wasn't flat enough for them to just camp and blast the Zulus from a mile away. We don't want to balance it by giving the British really poor accuracy or damage as that just isn't fun, the weapons of the era were essentially modern rifles, they were accurate, i feel it's better to give zulus Olympian spear throwing skills than nerf the British rifles. That way it's improved for both teams rather than decreased.

Offline Scrat555

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #678 on: January 20, 2013, 09:51:37 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

We want it to be humans Vs bots and humans vs humans, that's why the humans Zulu has different stats to the bot zulus, which is quite noticeable when you respawn as a bot. We do want it to be balanced for PvP however we still want it to be representative of the Zulu war, so Zulus should still have to outnumber Brits in PvP. At the first tuesday event it was perfect, the Brits had 40 and the Zulus had 60, and it was very balanced with the Zulus winning 2 our of 5 rounds and all rounds being close, the Brits were using proper formations and the map wasn't flat enough for them to just camp and blast the Zulus from a mile away. We don't want to balance it by giving the British really poor accuracy or damage as that just isn't fun, the weapons of the era were essentially modern rifles, they were accurate, i feel it's better to give zulus Olympian spear throwing skills than nerf the British rifles. That way it's improved for both teams rather than decreased.

Amen.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #679 on: January 21, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Amen.

Haha

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Romulus

• Second Lieutenant
  • The bullet is a fool, the bayonet is a fine chap.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Romulus
Re: Version 0.03 Released (Download Links)
« Reply #680 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »
Can someone link me to the server files or tell me how to modify the Exe?

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #681 on: January 21, 2013, 03:21:50 pm »
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2369.0

Offline Romulus

• Second Lieutenant
  • The bullet is a fool, the bayonet is a fine chap.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Romulus
« Reply #682 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2369.0

I'm an idiot for missing that, thank you.

Offline KrispyKreme

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: The Anglo-Zulu War, information and download.
« Reply #683 on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:44 am »
When I downloaded this mod and tried to install it, after i selected the language, it said "This mod requires the Napoleonic Wars expansion for Warband. Please get it on www.taleworlds.com or other places like steam, and then re-run the set up" I already have Mount and Blade Warabnd and the Napoleonic wars DLC on steam? I have no idea how to fix this. Any Ideas or suggestions?

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #684 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:04 pm »
When I downloaded this mod and tried to install it, after i selected the language, it said "This mod requires the Napoleonic Wars expansion for Warband. Please get it on www.taleworlds.com or other places like steam, and then re-run the set up" I already have Mount and Blade Warabnd and the Napoleonic wars DLC on steam? I have no idea how to fix this. Any Ideas or suggestions?
Restart your PC. I had the same error two days ago, when I re-installed my M&B mods.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #685 on: January 23, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »

Restart your PC. I had the same error two days ago, when I re-installed my M&B mods.

It has nothing to do with restart.
Its a false script in the NW mod installer, which cause problems for some users.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #686 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:07 pm »

It has nothing to do with restart.
Its a false script in the NW mod installer, which cause problems for some users.
Sorry that's just what worked for me.

Offline KrispyKreme

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 24, 2013, 03:07:44 am »
So what would you recommend doing?

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #688 on: January 24, 2013, 04:42:53 pm »
Wilhelm i`m loving the mod - made lots of new friends there

Can i just ask are the zulus coded to run at twice the regular speed...
i know in real life the zulus could run 40 miles a day (thats an historical fact)... but in the game they can cross one horizon to the other so quickly  ;D

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #689 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »
Wilhelm i`m loving the mod - made lots of new friends there

Can i just ask are the zulus coded to run at twice the regular speed...
i know in real life the zulus could run 40 miles a day (thats an historical fact)... but in the game they can cross one horizon to the other so quickly  ;D

Light infantry have 9 agility, the NW default is 3. They need to be able to run fast and It's mainly for human players. It doesn't affect bots because they put their shields up.