Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 131784 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (WIP Uniform update page 3)
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »
Dat carbine  :-*
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »
ok weapon has being complete remapped by Ikhoppa his skill with UVs are epic.

high rez wood. Lock plate fixed. still alot to do but you can see where its going.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

Not bad... Wood still looks weird...

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »
that's because the wood be-hide the lock plate is different to the rest of the body due to it being a different part. but that wood is full high-rez.

but could you be more specific of why you think its still looks weird? thanks ;)

here is the real weapon of this type and the one im working on

as you can see once finished it will look perfect to the actual weapon as in wood and so on.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:22:58 pm by baz44331 »

Offline darthrobocop

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Capt_DarthRobocop
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:56 pm »
Looking good guys but the ramrod is pure white. might just be a thing that's fixed already, but just pointing it out keep up the good work

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »
that's because the wood be-hide the lock plate is different to the rest of the body due to it being a different part. but that wood is full high-rez.

but could you be more specific of why you think its still looks weird? thanks ;)

as you can see once finished it will look perfect to the actual weapon as in wood and so on.

Now that I have a comparison, I see what you mean. I meant it looks weird, because on yours the plate with the matchlock looks like it's cut out, and then pasted onto the side of the gun. Also, with this comparison, you're rear sight is terribly off, the ramrod is too white, the trigger guard is gold, not silver, but everything else looks alright.

Still, very nice job.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

Now that I have a comparison, I see what you mean. I meant it looks weird, because on yours the plate with the matchlock looks like it's cut out, and then pasted onto the side of the gun. Also, with this comparison, you're rear sight is terribly off, the ramrod is too white, the trigger guard is gold, not silver, but everything else looks alright.

Still, very nice job.

Well the one that Ikhoppa and Baz have made right there is actually the infantry 3 bander where as the picture of the real one is actually the rifle model which is shorter than the infantry model. Overall though it is pretty much spot on to the one that some of my friends use for reenacting.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:11:02 pm by HWM_Sharpe »

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »
yes this weapon is not the exact one but of the same type as i said in my post. the sights are in the right place its just I could not get a real pic of one online, only a drawing of one which would not do. But the weapon still needs to have all metal parts texture so no problem there its still in the process of being finished, the white you see on the ramrod is the UV for that part. Thanks for you input man.

tomorrow I should have the rifle and carbine finished. previews will be posted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:23:12 pm by baz44331 »

Offline darthrobocop

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Capt_DarthRobocop
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »
yes this weapon is not the exact one but of the same type as i said in my post. the sights are in the right place its just I could not get a real pic of one online, only a drawing of one which would not do. But the weapon still needs to have all metal parts texture so no problem there its still in the process of being finished, the white you see on the ramrod is the UV for that part. Thanks for you input man.

tomorrow I should have the rifle and carbine finished. previews will be posted.
Thanks for the quick reply baz  8) ;D

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2012, 05:41:37 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Looking much better. But that seam is really noticeable. Perhaps rotate the forestock UV map, making the wood grain horizontal, so it matches up to the stock. Also, you can use dodge and burn brushes to get the color to match up better at the seam.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2012, 11:16:22 am »
Now To be completely honest I hope this turns out to be succesful but I dont think it will for 2 reasons.
1)Of course as everyone knows there is already a civil war based mod (NaS) which a lot of people have it already
2)And in case you havent heard Fse developers are going to make a dlc based in the civil war.(battle cry of freedom)

(opinion) Im getting tired of civil war mods

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2012, 12:48:37 pm »

Looking much better. But that seam is really noticeable. Perhaps rotate the forestock UV map, making the wood grain horizontal, so it matches up to the stock. Also, you can use dodge and burn brushes to get the color to match up better at the seam.

this is still wip. the big problems was the UVmap which are being looked at.

this is the base layer texture no dodge and burn have being added or dirt layers. not till the base layer is finished.

but thanks for pointing that out ;)

Dom13 yes i seen the new stand alone game for M&B it looks great. maybe be your right.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »

2)And in case you havent heard Fse developers are going to make a dlc based in the civil war.(battle cry of freedom)

Its not a DLC, its a standalone game + It wont be out for a few years so I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2012, 08:27:32 pm »
Now To be completely honest I hope this turns out to be succesful but I dont think it will for 2 reasons.
1)Of course as everyone knows there is already a civil war based mod (NaS) which a lot of people have it already

(opinion) Im getting tired of civil war mods
Well if you would have read the entire forum you would have seen that we started this after Hinkel quit NaS and when he brought back up we offered to help and were rejected. So this mod is going to be 100% Historical accurate minus what needs to be done to keep gameplay even. We are striving to make this the closest you can get to how it was 150 years ago. This is a mod that was started by reenactors original and by people who agree with our ideals.  Now we all know that FSE is working on Battle Cry of Freedom but that is going to be out in well over a year. So until then we are going to work on this HISTORICAL ACCURATE MOD until if not even after FSE releases and as such we will not be stopped or put down. If your tired of ACW mods then dont look at a ACW mods forum its that easy.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:37 am »
LOOKING GOOD.

Can I make a header? :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:56:15 am by Xeroth »
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?