Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 654556 times)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
The grass is working Thanks!
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Comrade Rashka

• Volunteer
  • Cad. at the 18e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 18e Cad. Rashka
  • Side: Neutral
Does anyone else have a problem with hearing the footsteps? Or did they just remove them?
 PapaTango78

Offline Reziko

• Private
    • View Profile
Hi

Is there anyway I revert back to the original menu screen and the background to the server list? If so, what files do I need to swap?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
Hi

Is there anyway I revert back to the original menu screen and the background to the server list? If so, what files do I need to swap?
main_menu_nord.dds and mp_ui_bg.dds texture files
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Reziko

• Private
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot!

A few other things. I am a total noob when it comes to changing skins. I want to swap this skin out for the 2nd Coldstream Regiment of Foot to this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkblv8vqq9o3ddk/Coldstream+bearskins.zip. Do I just place the files in the resource folder? Or do I need openBRF to change the skin? How do I do it?!

Also, what file can I replace to change the health bar back to the original one?

Offline Solster

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Great mod, but I'm having a problem where the animations stop half way through for example someone might be falling but they stop in mid air, does anyone know how to stop this!

Thanks Solster!

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Great mod, but I'm having a problem where the animations stop half way through for example someone might be falling but they stop in mid air, does anyone know how to stop this!

Thanks Solster!
Set your ragdolls to unlimited.
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline slapjack987

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I have the same mod, but when i got it my game crashed and now it will never play again. I tried deleting all of m&b data, everything. plz help someone this game meant everything to me i would greatly appreciate it if u could tell me how to fix it, if I could, i would vote u for president.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I have the same mod, but when i got it my game crashed and now it will never play again. I tried deleting all of m&b data, everything. plz help someone this game meant everything to me i would greatly appreciate it if u could tell me how to fix it, if I could, i would vote u for president.
Something had to happen by user error if your game crashes now. You did not happen to use the it's-a-trap uninstaller for the NW Epic Enhancement mod did you? The key to fixing a problem on Warband (easiest on Steam version) is to not manually delete files of the game data but to select re-verify integrity of Steam cache. When problems occur it is best to have backups, a copy of NW mod folder and a leftover .exe/.rar file of the mod you downloaded.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
  • Side: Union
NEVER combine this witht he American Expidentionary force textures. Just a heads up xD (just wanted to see what would happen) If you do then no one will ever be able to hide in a bush because their hat will glow and you will spot them a mile away.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:25:59 pm by TheDoctor »
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
NEVER combine this witht he American Expidentionary force textures. Just a heads up xD
Well of course not. The American Expeditionary Force mini-mod replaces United Kingdom and as any mini-mod replaces the crucial mmmaterials and mmtextures brf files.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
Just installed and love most of the content, with some important exceptions... the hussar replacements are just AWFUL. In place of uniforms, embarassing pyjamas in ill-matched colours. With hussar being most important troop in the game for me, I just have to fix it. Any chance? Might just as well resign from all the replacement uniform textures, no problem, if that's neccessary.

I also have problem with corpses hanging in the air in dying pose for a while as they gradually disappear, part by part. It's confusing and looks weird. Especially with the new dying sounds, which keep on going much longer than original ones. This is another thing I'd like to exclude from the package.

If it's not possible, where can I get single links for individual mods responsibe for: (living) character animations, weapon sounds and, most important thing, landscapes?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Just installed and love most of the content, with some important exceptions... the hussar replacements are just AWFUL. In place of uniforms, embarassing pyjamas in ill-matched colours. With hussar being most important troop in the game for me, I just have to fix it. Any chance? Might just as well resign from all the replacement uniform textures, no problem, if that's neccessary.

I also have problem with corpses hanging in the air in dying pose for a while as they gradually disappear, part by part. It's confusing and looks weird. Especially with the new dying sounds, which keep on going much longer than original ones. This is another thing I'd like to exclude from the package.

If it's not possible, where can I get single links for individual mods responsibe for: (living) character animations, weapon sounds and, most important thing, landscapes?
Well I have to say, you are the first one to give subjective feedback on the hussars used in Parrot's Enhancement mod. You can replace the current hussars with openBRF, in the BRF files for example: en_french_uniforms.brf The uniform can be replaced by copying the vanilla models into the en_ brf files, the mmmaterials and mmtextures brfs need to be modified. And the texture.dds files moved into and replacing in the Textures folder. Basically you'll want to make a copy of the Napoleonic Wars (EN) folder version you have.

To fix the corpses hanging in the air, the new death animations are dependent on enabling rag dolls to unlimited in Options menu. I agree with the dying sounds, I simply never got around to trying out replacing the death sounds in name myself.

The living character animations is simply the actions.txt file using multiple idle animations loaded from the mmanimations.brf file.
Weapon sounds, those can be replaced in name as well. For both death sounds and weapon sounds they should be easily replaced using the same name as long as the sound files in comparison have the same sound type. Either .ogg or .mp3.

The landscapes, well please specify what you mean with landscapes. Is it the Polished Landscapes trees and flora? The new ground textures? The terrain borders?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:25:00 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explainations.

The landscapes, well please specify what you mean with landscapes. Is it the Polished Landscapes trees and flora? The new ground textures? The terrain borders?

All of these. It didn't occur to me that these are actually separate modifications.

The openBRF thing sounds like black magic to me. I guess I should try to re-install my NW and then instead of running NW-E installator again, copy selected files into new directory (from the former enhanced NW folder). So these would be actions.txt, mmanimations.brf for the animations, sound files for the audio changes... and again, for the environment stuff? Would that basically give me the whole content, only without the troop textures?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explainations.

All of these. It didn't occur to me that these are actually separate modifications.

The openBRF thing sounds like black magic to me. I guess I should try to re-install my NW and then instead of running NW-E installator again, copy selected files into new directory (from the former enhanced NW folder). So these would be actions.txt, mmanimations.brf for the animations, sound files for the audio changes... and again, for the environment stuff? Would that basically give me the whole content, only without the troop textures?
openBRF is actually quite easy to use. you can copy/paste uniform models at will from one BRF file to another.
Yes, with copying over most of the selected files depending on what you copy, it will not be the entire as-is package. The environment stuff is tricky. The Data folder has ground_specs, flora_kinds and skyboxes text files modified. It has it's own BRF files in the module.ini with the prefix pl_brf_name. PL is short for Polished Landscapes, and also has it's own texture files in the Textures folder. For the terrain borders, pm_terrain_borders BRF files and textures in the Textures folder.

As with any desired modding configuration, I recommend to make a copy of Napoleonic Wars folder so you always have the vanilla NW to revert to if necessary. Else you would have to re-verify integrity of Steam cache or reinstall.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:21:54 pm by usnavy30 »