Author Topic: The Final Fall Of Napoleon: Waterloo 1815  (Read 23047 times)

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
There seems to be a common theme in this thread..

Someone is starting a mod up to try and teach themselves basic modding skills? Let's critique the shit out of them to make them feel bad about ever even trying in the first place.

Keep modding and doing this. If you quit, at least you'll have experience with modding and some coding/programs. If this is a success, then you can say you did it on your own and overcame a textual mountain of negativity in doing so.

I really don't understand this recent trend with putting modders down because of apparently mediocre work. I can't even model a stick, let alone code in a new loading screen. If this guy wants to devote his time and effort to this work, let him. He's further along than most of you lot are. At least he's actually acting on his initiative.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
There seems to be a common theme in this thread..

Someone is starting a mod up to try and teach themselves basic modding skills? Let's critique the shit out of them to make them feel bad about ever even trying in the first place.

Keep modding and doing this. If you quit, at least you'll have experience with modding and some coding/programs. If this is a success, then you can say you did it on your own and overcame a textual mountain of negativity in doing so.

I really don't understand this recent trend with putting modders down because of apparently mediocre work. I can't even model a stick, let alone code in a new loading screen. If this guy wants to devote his time and effort to this work, let him. He's further along than most of you lot are. At least he's actually acting on his initiative.

I see more of this stuff than people giving general good advice or offering assistance and it makes me quite sad.

Word of mod here, you can have your say and give minor criticism about said mod but I will intervene if it persists more than a few posts. Like if an entire page is dedicated to making such a point. Modding Warband is a rough job, for newcomers going solo let them experience it themselves.  If there is some form of behind the scenes aggression or drama keep it on STEAM or private messages. It doesn't do anyone any good if that stuff leaks into the mod development thread.

We're far too cynical around here sometimes, Bannerlord is still quite far away and we can still try as a general community to make a few good mods to help the lifespan of the DLC.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
100% agreed with the Bannerlord thing. The community is slowly shrinking for Warband. The facts are infront of us: more mods have died in the past few months than I've seen in prior times, and I'm not seeing almost any new blood in the servers. All I see are the regular clientele, all of which are in a regiment, and all of which are stable. It's to the point where we've hit the maximum in our parabola, and now we're starting the downward arc in our community's population. There is absolutely no room for the level of cynicism we all see on an all-too-daily basis. Sean's point is very clear, and I do seriously hope everyone here observes this. There's barely any new people, and we're all we've got now until, as Sean said, Bannerlord releases. I hope people realize that being a part of this community is not just about being negative. You choose to press the post button, and you choose to type negative and critical comments onto this site. It'd be a damn shame if a potential new guy to the community, or even someone who wanted to buy the DLC saw some of the stuff on here and was turned off. There is a time and a place for criticism, and when both of those are found, it should be placed in a fashion that makes it constructive, helpful, and encouraging, rather than the average depressing spew found on these mod threads usually.

But that's just my opinion I suppose...

AeroNinja

I hope this mod will come out. :o

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Final Fall Of Napoleon: Waterloo 1815
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2013, 09:40:47 pm »
This is nothing to get mad over because I actually am working on this mod as I have units done already, i will not post pics or videos till I get them 100% done and in bulks of 3

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2013, 10:30:19 pm »
This is nothing to get mad over because I actually am working on this mod as I have units done already, i will not post pics or videos till I get them 100% done and in bulks of 3

Goodluck show us that this mod of yours won't fail
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2013, 12:16:51 am »
I'm slightly worried by the fact you call the Dutch nation 'United Provinces'. That's Empire:total war shit.

The proper name is 'United Kingdom of the Netherlands'. Good luck and all that.  :P

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2013, 01:12:35 am »
I'm slightly worried by the fact you call the Dutch nation 'United Provinces'. That's Empire:total war shit.

The proper name is 'United Kingdom of the Netherlands'. Good luck and all that.  :P
I choose United Provinces so that it fits in the name when you select a nation i could just name it The Dutch if people dont like UP :P

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
'The Netherlands' would be much more appropriate.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2014, 06:03:57 am »
Duuring is correct, the United Provinces was no longer around during Waterloo, the best name would be either United Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kingdom of the Netherlands, United Netherlands, or simply just Netherlands. And if you want any help with creating the Dutch faction, I can pretty much set you up with everything you'll need to know about them including units, names, equipment, and uniforms. Whatever I can't tell you, Duuring can :P

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:27 pm »
Duuring is correct, the United Provinces was no longer around during Waterloo, the best name would be either United Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kingdom of the Netherlands, United Netherlands, or simply just Netherlands. And if you want any help with creating the Dutch faction, I can pretty much set you up with everything you'll need to know about them including units, names, equipment, and uniforms. Whatever I can't tell you, Duuring can :P
it would be much appreciated as I am kinda stuck with the Dutch people right now

Offline Hakblok

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Sjt_GrĂ©goire_Billot
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:26 pm »
Will there be Dutch war cries? That would be amazing

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:38 pm »
Good Luck!

The idea of doing it in bulks is a nice idea! That way you can release big chunks of info that we can feast are eyes on for a while and not bug you for updates :D.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »
I can give you a list of Dutch units and all of their uniforms if you would like. As well as where they fought at Waterloo and what they did and their general overall history.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »
If you have problems with the names, do send me a message. People have the ever-lasting habit of getting Dutch regimental names terribly wrong. Not looking at anyone in particular. ( JK  :P )