Author Topic: ✯ The Royal Recruits ✯  (Read 297207 times)

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: ✯ The Royal Recruits ✯ Apply Now!
« Reply #1995 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:13 pm »
I find it weird to think I was fourteen and in middle school when I joined, and now I'm a sophomore in high school. :O Can't imagine what long lasting TRR members think.

Offline MPC

• Captain
  • Lt. Col. of The Royal Recruits.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits Website
  • Nick: -[TRR]-LtCol-MPC
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1996 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:05 pm »
FTG is going more for the TRR direction. Many of us have been there for a long time now and we all know eachother and such. I prefer having a strong member core rather then 10 new recs every week and even tho in bg2 we were known as the clan with all the kids we have very few of the "kids" left and after 3 years many of these kids have now grown up :P

Also been a long time since we had a really big drama. :)

Yeah, strong core ftw, though it would be nice to get 3-4 recruits each week to expand TRR xD

I find it weird to think I was fourteen and in middle school when I joined, and now I'm a sophomore in high school. :O Can't imagine what long lasting TRR members think.

I joined TRR when I was 18, I'm 24 now :P We have a member that has spent 40% of his life in TRR, some are really dedicated :P (He joined at 13, he is now 23)
Veteran BG2 player. Member of the glorious "The Royal Recruits". Founders of LB game play back in BG 1 and 2

Want to own a bit of TRR? Check out our online shop! -> http://www.cafepress.com/mpcsphotographyshop/9754721

Offline DennisJK76

• First Lieutenant
  • Procrastinators of this world, Unite! ..tomorrow..
    • View Profile
  • Nick: vCrausewitz
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1997 on: January 21, 2014, 11:48:20 pm »
Well, I am not a senior TRR member, so I cannot say so much to that, but I am an old bone and it feels good with these weird guys.
Our officers actually yell the orders to us if needs be, something I looked for long time ::) :-*
intensifies the athmosphere and me and my buddy, we're luvin'it 8)

”There’s class warfare, all right, […] but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffet, 2006

Offline MPC

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 21, 2014, 11:51:37 pm »
Well, I am not a senior TRR member, so I cannot say so much to that, but I am an old bone and it feels good with these weird guys.
Our officers actually yell the orders to us if needs be, something I looked for long time ::) :-*

Yeah, I've been in other clan LBs, and none of them yell, so I think we are the only ones with yelling officers, which is kinda great since it makes us focus on the match.
Veteran BG2 player. Member of the glorious "The Royal Recruits". Founders of LB game play back in BG 1 and 2

Want to own a bit of TRR? Check out our online shop! -> http://www.cafepress.com/mpcsphotographyshop/9754721

Offline Carolus_Magnus

• First Lieutenant
  • We only demand Concentration&Selfdiscipline!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -[TRR]-Pte-(Prophet)Tosh
« Reply #1999 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »
 8)

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2000 on: January 22, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »
Is that guy's name Angel haha? Says on the shirt.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #2001 on: January 22, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »
I've written down a charter for our Star Citizen group that resembles TRR pretty well.

Charter

We are organised according to three fundamental principles: voluntary enlistment, the electoral principle, and self-discipline.

“Voluntary enlistment means that the army is composed only of revolutionary fighters who enter it of their own free will.

“The electoral principle means that the commanders of all units of the army, including the staff, as well as all the men who hold other positions in the army, are either elected or accepted by the insurgents of the unit in question or by the whole army.

“Self-discipline means that all the rules of discipline are drawn up by commissions of insurgents, then approved by general assemblies of the various units; once approved, they are rigorously observed on the individual responsibility of each insurgent and each commander.”

Discipline is indispensable, but it must be inner discipline, motivated by a common purpose and a strong feeling of comradeship.

Fundamentally, were all about fun and we play a wide selection of other games and mods together. host movienights and many other things.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline MPC

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:34 pm »
Yeah, already joined it and so has a few others! I WANT TO PLAY THAT DAMN DFM!!

Offline Carolus_Magnus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 22, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »
Is that guy's name Angel haha? Says on the shirt.

True Story. ;D
But i was more impressed by his pulsing Veins. :o
What a Monster.

Offline MPC

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 23, 2014, 03:49:44 am »
This looks good:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/

A historical medieval open world RPG game like Mount and Blade based on the Crytek Engine.

Will not pledge, but will keep an eye on it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:33:24 am by MPC »

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #2005 on: January 23, 2014, 04:21:31 am »
This looks good:

A historical medival open world RPG game like Mount and Blade based on the Crytek Engine.

So far, nothing about multiplayer, so not replacing M&B I guess.

Offline MPC

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 23, 2014, 04:35:21 am »
This looks good:

A historical medieval open world RPG game like Mount and Blade based on the Crytek Engine.

So far, nothing about multiplayer, so not replacing M&B I guess.

Ya I meant the SP of original M&B, but if it will be MP, that would be awesome!

Offline Carolus_Magnus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »
Quick Art Attack. ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 23, 2014, 11:24:47 pm »

Yeah, I've been in other clan LBs, and none of them yell, so I think we are the only ones with yelling officers, which is kinda great since it makes us focus on the match.
I used to yell sometimes back in the day.

Offline MPC

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 24, 2014, 12:19:37 am »

I used to yell sometimes back in the day.

Yaaa!

I dont think I have yelled at all,  maybe gotten angry 2-3 times on TS over the last 5-6 years, but that is about everything. I think I screamed out once during practice when everybody was mad at Kosay for saying slovakia was in central europe lol