Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 132311 times)

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (WIP Uniform update page 3)
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 11:30:55 pm »
any and all opinions are welcome as long as they are constructive so please share your opinions about our uniforms and flags we will have more finialized uniforms and also WIP Cav and Arty uniforms for each unit.

Sure,

the color of the uniforms is quite good and looks correct, which is the only part I like...

The texture itself is quite.. unpleasant. There is no good pattern or texture visible on the uniform, its quite flat without any shadows or folds.
In a 1863 mod, the uniforms would be quite used with mud and other scratches visible. There is not a single dirt part expect the trousers.

The heavy rainy days right before gettysburg made the uniforms pretty dirty and wet, the whole army was in a bad shape, which would be seen on the uniform itself.
The flags will be handled like above, they are way to sharpe and clean, for 3 years fighting!

Beside that, the hat gear looks pretty unpleasant too, the hats have not any kepi shape and the scaling for them seems bad, so you can look on the head and face accessories..

The uniform itself might be historical correct, with those equipment and perfect uniform design.. but the whole model and the texture itself is quite unprofessional to be true...

As I'm doing civil war mods and games since 6 years now, those are just my few cents ;)
I do appreciate your pointing these things out but these are early textures we are still adding all the folds and dirt and so on. The flags we put in to see if we like having that certain one in the game and we will of course be making those appear as they did that July in 1863. We are still getting everything to look exactly as it did in 1863 when we finally release. That will include of course making units have extremely ripped, torn, and dirty uniforms whereas some units will be slightly more intact depending one when they joined, when they were last issued uniforms, and of course when there colors where issued or given to them. One of the biggest reasons why some do not have the kepi shape is because there are forage caps in this as well. In that as well the standard was that one size fits all so yes some of the hats would be tighter on some than others. The only big hats will be the slouches and Hardees which are roughly the same size each.

Offline Cherry

• Corporal
  • One pioneer. To rule all pioneer's.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherry
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 01:57:06 am »
any and all opinions are welcome as long as they are constructive so please share your opinions about our uniforms and flags we will have more finialized uniforms and also WIP Cav and Arty uniforms for each unit.

Sure,

the color of the uniforms is quite good and looks correct, which is the only part I like...

The texture itself is quite.. unpleasant. There is no good pattern or texture visible on the uniform, its quite flat without any shadows or folds.
In a 1863 mod, the uniforms would be quite used with mud and other scratches visible. There is not a single dirt part expect the trousers.

The heavy rainy days right before gettysburg made the uniforms pretty dirty and wet, the whole army was in a bad shape, which would be seen on the uniform itself.
The flags will be handled like above, they are way to sharpe and clean, for 3 years fighting!

Beside that, the hat gear looks pretty unpleasant too, the hats have not any kepi shape and the scaling for them seems bad, so you can look on the head and face accessories..

The uniform itself might be historical correct, with those equipment and perfect uniform design.. but the whole model and the texture itself is quite unprofessional to be true...

As I'm doing civil war mods and games since 6 years now, those are just my few cents ;)

Thats cute, Your so butt hurt its cute. Here is a quick sample of your work

<snip>
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:03:18 am by Vincenzo »
Cherry
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Possible Donator -Pilot spectator+1st European [Groupfighting] Cup runner ups

Offline darthrobocop

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Capt_DarthRobocop
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 02:09:34 am »
Looking Good Sharpe! keep up the good work it can only get better  8) 8) 8)

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
  • "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
  • Nick: Cyco_Tatertot / ILR_LtCol_Tatertot
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 02:10:28 am »
Spoiler

Sure,

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Your a bit douchey to be honest. Hinkel is just giving constructive criticism, which you obviously do not understand. And Hinkel is by far at this point one of the more experienced modders for Napoleonic Wars, so it should be welcomed by anyone. By the way, you should take a look at the picture you put in.
" title="

Offline Cherry

• Corporal
  • One pioneer. To rule all pioneer's.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherry
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:03 am »
Surely it would be a modder of mount and blade war band*. Also i am free to place across my opinion how i please within the restriction of the forum rules and i have. Im sorry if i have upset you. look at the gif in my sig :)
Cherry
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Possible Donator -Pilot spectator+1st European [Groupfighting] Cup runner ups

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 02:36:41 am »
Warband* oh Cherry!

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 03:44:13 am »
Seems he is good at getting muted. I am sure that rustled his jimmies
" title="

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 03:46:32 am »
Seems he is good at getting muted. I am sure that rustled his jimmies
That's what happens to brats and trolls like him.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 07:50:15 am »
Spoiler

Sure,

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Your a bit douchey to be honest. Hinkel is just giving constructive criticism, which you obviously do not understand. And Hinkel is by far at this point one of the more experienced modders for Napoleonic Wars, so it should be welcomed by anyone. By the way, you should take a look at the picture you put in.
Hmmmm... i can still see that <snip> in your quote thar

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 10:15:47 am »
He changed his post with a picture of a Feces. I edited it out.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:46 am »
well that is now twice I have had drama on my forum pages. ugh well aside from that I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »
well that is now twice I have had drama on my forum pages. ugh well aside from that I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you too!  :)

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »
Yes merry christmas, his first picture was the pile of you know what, but I changed it in the spoiler to show him how I felt.
" title="

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »
Graphic remake.

WIP enfield carbine.

As for the uniforms Hinkel not to worry mate you know me! Ill help Ikhoppa to get to the right dirty level.
But i have to say he has done a great job on the uniforms, well done mate!

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:26 pm »
Graphic remake.

WIP enfield carbine.

As for the uniforms Hinkel not to worry mate you know me! Ill help Ikhoppa to get to the right dirty level.
But i have to say he has done a great job on the uniforms, well done mate!
Very very nice boyo