Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 131430 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod MARYLAND ZOUAVES PG.23
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »
Well time for another progress update. We have picked up the pace even more with all hands on deck for the final rigging. After that it should be just as simple as coding in the new brf, music, and maps. While we have been working I am trying to think what to show you guys but still keep some surprises for when we release. So I ask you after this upcoming confederate photo release what do you want to see next? We probably will release 2-4 more photos of the uniforms before we release as well as in game screenshots showing what it looks like. So please tell me what you want to see after this upcoming photo. If only 2 people tell me that's all we will put out but if its more than 4 then well I guess we will just have to see which one we decide to show you all.

It would be much better if you weren't so secretive, it makes it look like you haven't got much done and keeps people away. If you released media of all your work you'd get a huge amount of interest and popularity would pick up loads. It just seems like you're killing your own popularity.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2013, 06:30:34 pm »
Well time for another progress update. We have picked up the pace even more with all hands on deck for the final rigging. After that it should be just as simple as coding in the new brf, music, and maps. While we have been working I am trying to think what to show you guys but still keep some surprises for when we release. So I ask you after this upcoming confederate photo release what do you want to see next? We probably will release 2-4 more photos of the uniforms before we release as well as in game screenshots showing what it looks like. So please tell me what you want to see after this upcoming photo. If only 2 people tell me that's all we will put out but if its more than 4 then well I guess we will just have to see which one we decide to show you all.

It would be much better if you weren't so secretive, it makes it look like you haven't got much done and keeps people away. If you released media of all your work you'd get a huge amount of interest and popularity would pick up loads. It just seems like you're killing your own popularity.

Exactly.. for me its just talking and trying to catch attention. You might "hyping" some people.. and when you finally reveale that secret, many people might get upset, if its nothing new or spectacular. 

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2013, 07:01:48 pm »
GOV MA THA POCTURES NNOOOWW!!!!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Schrutes

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2013, 09:34:22 pm »

Exactly.. for me its just talking and trying to catch attention. You might "hyping" some people.. and when you finally reveale that secret, many people might get upset, if its nothing new or spectacular.

Have some content in your post. IE words this is not Nicolas Cage.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:35:15 pm by Schrutes »

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2013, 12:38:51 am »
Well I promised all of you something. I am proud to present the 1st United States Sharpshooters and 1st South Carolina Rifles.

1st USSS

The 1st USSS were part of Sickles 3rd corps and fought primarily in Pitzers woods. Owned at the time of the battle by Samuel Pitzer, this plot of oaks and maples stands at the southern tip of Seminary Ridge and marks its juncture with Warfield Ridge. The woods had no significance at all to the Gettysburg landscape until certain events took place here on July 2. Just prior to midday, the 1st United States Sharpshooters were ordered by Major General Daniel Sickles, commander of the Union Third Corps, to scout this patch of woods. Accompanied by members of the 3rd Maine Infantry, the sharpshooters encountered Alabama soldiers from Brig. General Cadmus Wilcox's Brigade. A brisk fire fight broke out and though it lasted only about twenty minutes, the Union soldiers withdrew with the knowledge that the woods on Seminary Ridge were teeming with Confederates. Retreating to Cemetery Ridge, they reported their encounter to General Sickles. Sickles realized that the number of Confederates in those woods meant only one thing- an attack on his position on Cemetery Ridge from the west. Sickles sent a courier to General Meade with the information, followed by another courier a half hour later. Another hour passed and having received no response from Meade, Sickles decided to advance his corps to the Emmitsburg Road, the only high ground between the two ridges. This controversial decision separated his corps from the remainder of the Union army, which still lay on Cemetery Ridge.

Samuel Pitzer's farmhouse still stands west of this area and is today part of Eisenhower National Historic Site. The size and shape of this wooded area has changed very little since the battle.

During this fight Captain McLean of Co. D was mortally wounded, he couldn't be carried back when the sharpshooters started to fall back under heavy Confederate pressure. Peter H. Kipp stayed with his Captain to insure good treatment by the Confederates. As his captors marched him to the rear, he saw how devastating their rifles had been. He saw Confederate surgeons trying to aid their wounded and stated the following;

"It is impossible for me to describe the slaughter we had made in their ranks. In all my past service, it beat all I had ever seen for the number engaged and for so short a time. They were piled in heaps and across each other. I got to where the surgeons were dressing the wounded, I saw hundreds of men there. The doctor would hardly believe there were so few of us fighting them, thought we had a corps, as he never saw lead so thick in his life as it was in those woods. But when I told him who we were, said that accounted for it, as he claimed the Sharpshooters were the worst men we have to contend with".
Spoiler
Officer
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Ranker/NCO
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Musician
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

1st South Carolina Rifles

On July the 2nd the regiment supported artillery south of Fairfield Road. At 6 P. M. advanced a battalion of Sharpshooters which skirmished with Union outposts until dark. At 10 P. M. took position on Ramseur's right in the Long Lane leading from the town to the Bliss House and Barn.
What this means is that the sharpshooters were in 4 hours of constant fighting at range and would on the 3rd of July be engaged all day shooting at troops on cemetery hill even during the grand assault which would have kept troops pinned on that hill making it so they could not reinforce the ridge. If Picketts charge would have worked then they would have been instrumental in preventing troops going to counter attack.
Spoiler
Officer
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
NCO/Ranker
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Things that are still missing
Spoiler
On the 1st South Carolina on the hat there is a palm tree on the front. We had a texture error but we wanted to give this to you today as we promised. Also the ranks for certain units were not ready for today but the trim on the coats is the same. Berdan stripes are a lighter green than the coat
[close]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:44:59 am by HWM_Sharpe »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (BOTH SHARPSHOOTER UNITS PG. 26)
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:06 am »
Looks cool nice work.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2013, 05:55:54 am »
Made my dick hard. Love the 1st US Sharpshooters. However, you mentioned that the 1st is "Berdan's Sharpshooters," but I thought that was the 2nd...

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2013, 06:28:18 am »
Made my dick hard. Love the 1st US Sharpshooters. However, you mentioned that the 1st is "Berdan's Sharpshooters," but I thought that was the 2nd...
They are both referred to as "Berdan's Sharpshooters" since they were both raised by Hiram Berdan at the same time in November of 61. Calling either unit Berdan's Sharpshooters is correct since they where technically 2 battalions which equal a regiment in strength. It was the first time that sharpshooters were picked out of other units and put into the same unit in the Union army. They would detach either the 1st or the 2nd and send them off on detached duty with whatever division or brigade would need them.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2013, 06:33:08 am »
Look forward to a artillery photo release and if everything goes right gameplay in the next few days. All the artillery details will be released with either the photo or gameplay (hopefully they will coincide with each other). Its been almost a year since we had began making this mod and well we have rounded 3rd and are going for home (pardon the baseball terms but since General Abner Doubleday invented thought it would be appropriate).

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2013, 07:58:24 am »
Excellent Update!  I do fancy those 1st SC models and even hearing that there would be a palmetto tree  brass. Sounds awesome!  Keep up the great work pard!

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »
Noice!

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2013, 04:19:40 pm »

Code
[img]http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/Hard_Panzer/HWM_Signature_zps322a6ae9.png[/img]

Offline Rosas

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2013, 05:28:16 pm »
I like that very much o.0

Thank you Freddy <3

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DL]III_KBR_O_Feldsau
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »
The uniforms look nice! Keep up the good work ;)

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »
Very nice work Hoppa! I'll let you off not attending the last couple LBs  ;)
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)