Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 132271 times)

Offline isa567

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Isaiah
  • Side: Union
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (33RD VA EMERALD GUARDS PG.36)
« Reply #660 on: March 30, 2016, 05:11:05 pm »
They Hype is real for this mod

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 30, 2016, 07:32:56 pm »

What hype? its a 4 year old post with some uniforms, nothing has come from it. NW already has a very highly established and strong American civil war mod made by the glorious hinkel called North and South. I  myself have been in it over a year and its fanbase hasnt seemed to decrease. I would understand there would be hype if hundreds of members talked about it and most of the NaS community did but nobody does, everyone in NaS talks about when NaS will be updated. This mod wont exist!!!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 30, 2016, 07:41:18 pm »
*snip*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:00:53 pm by Karth »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 30, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

What hype? its a 4 year old post with some uniforms, nothing has come from it. NW already has a very highly established and strong American civil war mod made by the glorious hinkel called North and South. I  myself have been in it over a year and its fanbase hasnt seemed to decrease. I would understand there would be hype if hundreds of members talked about it and most of the NaS community did but nobody does, everyone in NaS talks about when NaS will be updated. This mod wont exist!!!

See the mod is back in deloment from what I have heard and hinkle is not glorious he just runs a monopoly and the NAS community is full of little kids fags and weboo and and many dying communitys cause danm mod is full of powerhunger fuckboys so maybe a new and good civil war mod will kind of even the community out so you can go fuck your self with some goddamn strawberry jelly
Judging by your spelling, you seem like a kid. You are from USA! English is your primar language and you can't speak it?
Just accept it. This mod will never be as popular as NaS

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #664 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:30 am »
I don't believe J-Man spouting his nonsense on this board counts has hype, nor does it mean the mod isn't still dead..

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #665 on: March 31, 2016, 03:28:01 am »
The mod is very much alive! We took a year sabbatical as members were attending university, WORKING FOR A LIVING (you know, what some folks around here Don't do), and serving their country.  As for Hinkel, myself and himself have resolved our issues for the most part like gentlemen. If the Mod communities cannot coexist with out measuring and waving of dicks then you can SOD OFF!!!  And for true fans work trudges steadily onward...  >:(

Offline 72ndPA

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 31, 2016, 08:03:09 am »
Bump

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #667 on: April 01, 2016, 04:02:40 am »
Honestly if this mod could bring new elements to the table it may do very well. Perspectivley NaS brings almost nothing new to the table, it honestly is just an NW with new weapon stats and a different look. The time period in which the civil war took place could easily bring all new game styles and playing rather than the giant skirmish battles NaS are. The only reason why NaS is big is due to Americans wetting themselves over the civil war, it really is just a dressy NW.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:12:56 am by Conway »

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
« Reply #668 on: April 01, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »
NaS is liked by many Europeans, including me. It's not just a fancy NW at all, it adds Medics, different artillery play style, meaning to skirmishers. Ability to fix and unfix bayonets, etc. Not to mention how much better it looks.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 01, 2016, 02:21:22 pm »
NaS is liked by many Europeans, including me. It's not just a fancy NW at all, it adds Medics, different artillery play style, meaning to skirmishers. Ability to fix and unfix bayonets, etc. Not to mention how much better it looks.

Yes but many other mods have this feature to but HWM is aimed at being more historical than balanced like the use Sharpe shooters will have a breach loding rifle like in real like and it will reload quick like one but in NAS it muzzle loads and takes as long as a musket cause they wany the game to be balanced more than historical

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 01, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »
In my defense James I've not played NaS since the medic update and even that's massive. The ability to fix and unfix bayonets is useless when you consider 90% of NaS events is pounding the hell out of the enemy with your rifles in skirmisher order. And I've been to several NaS events that force you to fix them from the start. It doesn't add meaning to skirmishers, it makes everyone a skirmisher, NW gives skirmishers plenty of meaning man :P

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
« Reply #671 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
In my defense James I've not played NaS since the medic update and even that's massive. The ability to fix and unfix bayonets is useless when you consider 90% of NaS events is pounding the hell out of the enemy with your rifles in skirmisher order. And I've been to several NaS events that force you to fix them from the start. It doesn't add meaning to skirmishers, it makes everyone a skirmisher, NW gives skirmishers plenty of meaning man :P

Line infantry isn't in skirmisher order, in DA events Line can't do more than 2 man spacing. And there is plenty of melee fights.

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 01, 2016, 11:38:35 pm »
That will just make lines skirmish even more and faster and better reloads, seems silly and just will make line infantry as a group redundant really imo

Offline Alistair

• Sergeant Major
  • Your Shako wielding gentleman
    • View Profile
    • 33nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Alistair
« Reply #673 on: April 03, 2016, 01:59:05 am »
Why are people debating whether the mechanics of N&S make it viable when it's popularity should confirm it is?...

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 03, 2016, 02:25:21 am »
Why are people debating whether the mechanics of N&S make it viable when it's popularity should confirm it is?...
Because N&S was popular before the medic, ammo boxes and all that stuff. When it really was a literal NW with a little better guns and different uniforms.