Author Topic: Anti GF Troll  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Saxinger

• Private
  • Scripter | 3teFK_Rek_Saxinger
    • View Profile
    • Tec-Turorials
  • Nick: Saxinger
  • Side: Neutral
Anti GF Troll
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:08:24 am »
Is somebody interestet in a Anti GF Troll System? So that when a guy kills another with a shot he will be automatically kicked by the server? Somethinkg like this? I think it was Lister Bashnell who told me some time ago that you just have to delete the shot function... :D but this is clientsided and nit makeable...just wanted to say this... :D

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Anti GF Troll
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to remove the shooting mode from the muskets in module_items and let the players spawn just with melee muskets? This'd save a lot of admins' time.

Offline Saxinger

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Tec-Turorials
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:15 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to remove the shooting mode from the muskets in module_items and let the players spawn just with melee muskets? This'd save a lot of admins' time.

But items are clientsided?!

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skullzdeath
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:59:52 am »
Is somebody interestet in a Anti GF Troll System? So that when a guy kills another with a shot he will be automatically kicked by the server? Somethinkg like this? I think it was Lister Bashnell who told me some time ago that you just have to delete the shot function... :D but this is clientsided and nit makeable...just wanted to say this... :D
An Australian GF server made it so you can't shoot. You have no ammo and if you do shoot nobody else see's it and it does nothing.

Offline Saxinger

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Tec-Turorials
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:04:52 am »
But the idea behind this is not to disable the shooting system. The trolls who try it won't like it...so if they don't know that you will be banned or kicked and they shoot they will learn it...because they won't know on which server the scripts are running until they're banned....