Author Topic: Europe at World War (Keep Checking for Updates).  (Read 33021 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Europe at World War (Keep Checking for Updates).
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »
They want d-day in this mod. America was a huge part of that mission. that isn't exactly early. To be fair if it was truly early then Russia shouldn't be apart of it and instead Poland or something.
Lol Russia was involved 1941 i would call that early war.

so was America...you just helped me prove a point, tyvm.

No not really, America was not involved in 1941 but in '42.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2013, 10:01:27 pm »
America didn't fight in Europe until 1943 i believe. So the early war to midwar could easily not include the USA given that the mod is called Europe at war.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2013, 10:04:14 pm »
America didn't fight in Europe until 1943 i believe. So the early war to midwar could easily not include the USA given that the mod is called Europe at war.

They 'fought' in North Africa, November 1942... Getting bitchslapped by the Afrikakorps who stole their oil and vehicles after making them un away like firghtened school girls. As to be expected when green soldiers go up against battle hardened soldiers.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline storm0711

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 10thBI_Lt_Walter
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2013, 10:16:40 pm »
You seem to  keep going to the point of early war..but d-day was not early on and that seems to be around the time period they are looking at. Americans were not "green" We fought in WWI. Don't give me the "they fought late in the war" bs..We gave up a lot of resources to the European cause and it seems no one ever seems to care. All I'm saying is that i think its a bad idea to have the french resistance over a great power.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »

They 'fought' in North Africa, November 1942... Getting bitchslapped by the Afrikakorps who stole their oil and vehicles after making them un away like firghtened school girls. As to be expected when green soldiers go up against battle hardened soldiers.

I know they fought in North Africa, but the mod is set in Europe.

You seem to  keep going to the point of early war..but d-day was not early on and that seems to be around the time period they are looking at. Americans were not "green" We fought in WWI. Don't give me the "they fought late in the war" bs..We gave up a lot of resources to the European cause and it seems no one ever seems to care. All I'm saying is that i think its a bad idea to have the french resistance over a great power.

He means those soldiers in N Africa were green. They weren't entirely made up of  WW1 vets.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2013, 10:19:40 pm »
I don't think any of them where WW1 vets, they would either be retired from the military or be high ranking officers, like Patton.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2013, 10:22:02 pm »
Well, uhm, WWI veterans couldnt fight on WWII. If they were at least 20 years old to the end of war (1918) + 24 years. 44 years in 1942, that impossible mate, too old for that. And most of veterans of WWI just abandon army in first years, the ones that stayed were dimobilized by the military cuts. Only rare officers, the US amry was too young that time.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:38 pm »
Well, uhm, WWI veterans couldnt fight on WWII. If they were at least 20 years old to the end of war (1918) + 24 years. 44 years in 1942, that impossible mate, too old for that. And most of veterans of WWI just abandon army in first years, the ones that stayed were dimobilized by the military cuts. Only rare officers, the US amry was too young that time.

It's not impossible, most ww1 vets who had stayed in the military were of usually officers by ww2. Same for all forces in the war which also fought in the first war actually.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2013, 10:32:31 pm »

It's not impossible, most ww1 vets who had stayed in the military were of usually officers by ww2. Same for all forces in the war which also fought in the first war actually.
Only officers, btu i meant rankers, were mostly 18-19 years old. But, still that rare for low-ranked officers, that are actually on battlefield. That WWI vets were propable at high command and in the staff.

Offline storm0711

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 10thBI_Lt_Walter
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »
either way...why french resistance over the USA? I still see no valid argument for this.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2013, 11:04:12 pm »
WARNING! Generic question incoming!

When can we test the alpha?
If you need alpha testers, I'm the one. I've alpha tested other mount & blade mods like:
The Jacobite Rising, Presistent Frontier, Warhammet 40K: Grim future, Blood & Iron, Novum Mondus the list goes on.

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
  • The Princess of trash, and schedule two narcotics.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dobson
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2013, 12:41:50 am »
WARNING! Generic question incoming!

When can we test the alpha?
If you need alpha testers, I'm the one. I've alpha tested other mount & blade mods like:
The Jacobite Rising, Presistent Frontier, Warhammet 40K: Grim future, Blood & Iron, Novum Mondus the list goes on.

I'd say a month?

There were more than one D-Day mate.

either way...why french resistance over the USA? I still see no valid argument for this.

Focusing on the European part, I made a poll and the majority voted for this.

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
  • The Princess of trash, and schedule two narcotics.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dobson
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2013, 12:43:36 am »
Also good news, baktech is joining the staff as a texturer!!

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:31 am »
Also good news, baktech is joining the staff as a texturer!!
Nice!

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »
ahoi, do you need some help with the german names?
Maybe give the normal Heer soldiers a more green-grey feldbluse instead of the grey tarnjacket you have made