Author Topic: Non Steam Warband and Steam NW problems  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Great_Zhupan_Uros_SRB

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Non Steam Warband and Steam NW problems
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »
hi guys, my friend has a native Non Steam key (4x4) and now he bought a NW key on a steam but to run NW on steam he has to add Native as steam game to open NW (he cant even see NW key). he cant add a non steam Native cause Steam ask for 5x4 or 5x3 key and he has 4x4 key. is there a way to take that NW key from steam and play it as non steam game cause he bought his native in shop and he doesnt like steam that mutch and dont want to add his non steam game that he bought in shot to steam(+ he cant cause has 4x4 key). . . is there a way to take key from that Steam NW and use it as non steam game without adding Native to steam?

he can play Native but he cant play NW and NW is a way better than Native pls help!!!!

Offline KriviStojko

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Non Steam Warband and Steam NW problems
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »
I have the same problem i bought native at store and nw at steam and i cant play nw bicose i dont have native on steam.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »
I have the same problem with the above guy.

Is there any way to play steam Nw on top of a non-steam warband?
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline RangerOrbits

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »
I have the same problem as these guys have. Is there any way to play Steam NW on non-steam warband?

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:49:57 pm »
Well if you have bought the native as non steam and NW at steam i think its not possible to combine them so you can play NW...maybe you need native and NW at non steam and then add them at steam so you can play...not sure...but it would be better to buy it all at steam.

P.S:Zhupans FTW.

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »
but whats the point than, we have to buy 1 milion NWs to play Native, in my country you cannt buy NW in a shop, only on steam, most of us bought Native in shops and now we bought NW on steam. . . how is possible that administrators that made this game cant make that we get our Steam keys that they sent to steam and for what we payed? i hope administrators will see this massage and tell me how to get my steam key. . .

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »
Has your friend tried installing non-steam NW from here?

Then go to Start > Run > Then type "regedit" and click OK.

When the Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MountAndBladeWarbandKeys and open that folder

Look for "serial_key_nw". If it doesn't exist, right click some blank space and go to New > String Value and call it "serial_key_nw".

Then right click serial_key_nw and choose Modify then type in the serial key from steam in the "Value data" box.

Hope this helps.

Offline Lcatt

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lcatt
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 08:02:11 pm »
I bought both Warband and NW off TW, but I could still activate them through steam.
It doesn't really matter that steam doesn't mention that type of key, cause it worked perfectly fine for me.
Just tell your friend to try it. (go to games -> activate a product on steam and just copy the key)
That's the way I did it anyway, steam recognized the game straight away.

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 08:26:17 pm »
you dont understand,lets say that i have NW on steam, but its still as gift there, and it says that i cant open gift without Steam Native, and again i cant add Steam native cause Steam is asking a 4x5 key and we have 4x4 keys.

+ i have one new problem, since we are clan that came from pirate servers, we bought keys on this weekend sale but we have lot of problems. newest problem is that 2 of my clan members got Native keys from a friends that bought Native on steam, than they took out that key from steam and when they stoped playing they gave to 2 of my members, 2 keys that they took from their steam library, and when my members instaled games they had 2 non steam games,they are afraid that if they add that 2 Native keys to steam that steam will ,,eat" their keys cause that keys already exist on other steam account. we have about 10 players w8ing cause we dont know how to take that NW key from steam

does anyone know steam name of any administrator or moderator that made this game and that can help us. . . if we dont find amy moderator we will have to start writing on all topics till we find one. . . i rly dont know what to do since whole clan is w8ing for few of members to get their keys work

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 08:27:45 pm »
we tryed Lcat, its not working. . . and again there is that problem with thoose 2 members, does anyone have an Admin Steam?

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 01:47:02 am »
NW must have Native Warband inatalled to run, and must be by the same method. NW bought and downloaded from Steam cannot run using a non-Steam Warband, and vice-versa.

On the other hand, if you or any of your members have pirated either Warband or NW you might as well lock this thread now, as we do not tolerate piracy of any kind on these forums.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:49:54 am by McEwanMaster »

Kielbasa!

Offline Darth_Diamond

• Private
  • "Great acts are made up of small deeds."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 11:52:46 am »
NW must have Native Warband inatalled to run, and must be by the same method. NW bought and downloaded from Steam cannot run using a non-Steam Warband, and vice-versa.

On the other hand, if you or any of your members have pirated either Warband or NW you might as well lock this thread now, as we do not tolerate piracy of any kind on these forums.

Wow, nice help. Guys spent money to buy this game, and you say there is no other option? Now I know who not to call if my NW or Warband doesn't work in the future. Do you really think that they would post their problem here if they had pirate game? No one is stupid enough to risk ban.
Thank you for you "help". Since nobody answered my post, I found this one, and I saw this? Come on, lot of people have this same problem, I tried to find solution online, but nothing. You are developers, you must know the solution. Isn't there anything they can do, other than buying again?

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:01:44 pm »
I am quite surprised that there is no option for you if you bought NW and Warband from different sources. You still spent all the required money, but because of incompatibilities with steam/non-steam serial keys, you can't even play the game?

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 12:17:10 pm »
Why don't they ask first and then buy?At my case before i buy m&b i asked many guys who own it and told me to get it on steam as a guy that i knew had it as non-steam and there were many problems.Oh and Darth_Diamond not only FSE are the developers but talewords too.You should speak to them not to FSE because tehy have the problems.FSE has even realised the beta patch and they wait talewords.

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »

my friend are you going to tell me that we bought 16 Steam NWs for nothing, our whole clan came from pirate servers on this sale, or atleast we planed so, and are you going to tell me that you guys who developed this game, who made all cool stufs in it, that you cant combine keys from diferent sources. . . there must be a way. . . i would like to add some of your main developers on steam to talk with him and to find solution. . . we  bought 16! NW keys, but now noone of us can play. . .  any administrator that can help us add me on steam my steam name is Great_Zhupan_Uros_SRB