Author Topic: [New Name]The War of 1809  (Read 45258 times)

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars++ [In need of an experienced coder]
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 09:25:30 am »
Regarding having a prone ability, If I recall that isn't as easy as it sounds unless you'd want to replace the crouching action. I remember Willhelm tried to implement it into Zulu and found that same problem. I'm sure he could tell you more.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 10:20:15 am »
Regarding having a prone ability, If I recall that isn't as easy as it sounds unless you'd want to replace the crouching action. I remember Willhelm tried to implement it into Zulu and found that same problem. I'm sure he could tell you more.

I talk to Vincenzo about what is and is not possible in the M&B engine and he said everything is possible but how easy or hard it is what changes.

this is why prone is not on my list to do right now but it'd be nice to have in the end

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:04 am »
I'd also like to see a 'Sergeant' Class for each regiment like officers and what not.. Im not sure what the french and non british equivalents had but the Brit Sgts had pikes :D

That's awesome.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 12:42:35 pm »
I managed to make a prone feature but it looks really bad because if you want to shoot it forces your torso up in the air and you look really weird, like your legs are laid flat, but when it gets to your stomach you go vertical as if standing. If you can get rid of that while still being able to fire it would be good.

Anyway you don't need a prone feature for a musket mod, you couldn't easily reload like that with a muzzle loader.

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:33 pm »
I managed to make a prone feature but it looks really bad because if you want to shoot it forces your torso up in the air and you look really weird, like your legs are laid flat, but when it gets to your stomach you go vertical as if standing. If you can get rid of that while still being able to fire it would be good.

Anyway you don't need a prone feature for a musket mod, you couldn't easily reload like that with a muzzle loader.
But we can always recreate waterloo lying down on the reverse slope ! And i've also seen images of the 95th lying down resting their rifle on a shako-now that'd be cool :D

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 01:25:01 pm »
the prone feature is mainly for Light Foot and Riflemen who focused on the accuracy of there shots more then how many they could get in the enemies general area. it will have bonuses like harder to get hit and more accurate fire but it takes a couple of seconds to get up, you cant move, cant melee and reload is longer

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 03:18:41 pm »
How does the misfire feature work in-game?
Do you have to reload again and how often
does misfires occure?

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »
I'm not sure about increasing reload times as it is already a long process. What if, instead of increasing the accuracy, perhaps if you allowed players to present their weapons faster, or an ability to walk with the weapon at the hip and fire like that. It would be less accurate but allow for quickly fired shots.

Also bleeding out has been tried and it tends to be a bit tricky to make it feel right.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »
does misfires occure?

I think you have to reload again yeah, have you ever seen it in NTW? They just do the animation, nothing comes out the rifle and they reload again
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:06 pm »
does misfires occure?

I think you have to reload again yeah, have you ever seen it in NTW? They just do the animation, nothing comes out the rifle and they reload again

SO far the only feature we have working in-game (because we dont have a coder) is the fixable and un-fixable bayonets so for most questions I have to think about how it could work in game.

I would think that possibly you might lose some health because of powder burns and have to reload again. On the terms of how often, I really dont know yet I would say less than 10%

EDIT: I could release this mod now if you guys want... however it only adds a few new things like sounds, animations and fixable and unfixable bayonets
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:04:33 am by TomaHawkAU »

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:46 am »
One thing I hate is how bad riflemen sergeants are at shooting. Makes no sense at all.

Also potentially officers could get a higher shooting skill for it was not uncommon for Britiish officers at least to shoot muskets having some rankers reloading for them. A lot of the gentlemen were well practised with firearms when hunting at home.

Offline Slawtering

• Second Lieutenant
  • For Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Slawtering
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 12:38:05 am »
Prone and movement while prone was added in the WW3 mod. So yeah it is possible.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:29 am »
Just the header made into a signiture

Code
[url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=4985.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/2qtF7F0.png[/img][/url]

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:22 am »
does misfires occure?
  All this stuff about misfires.. I recommend speaking with the 'The Deluge' devs.. An amazing mod. It had misfires implemented-

I'm not sure about increasing reload times as it is already a long process. What if, instead of increasing the accuracy, perhaps if you allowed players to present their weapons faster, or an ability to walk with the weapon at the hip and fire like that. It would be less accurate but allow for quickly fired shots.

Also bleeding out has been tried and it tends to be a bit tricky to make it feel right.
About this.. I've seen many clips or pieces of footage with the french marching forward or falling back weapons 'charged' (Waist level, would love to see it) and firing while moving. Even then i just want to see a charged position :D Like in Blood and Iron. But more importantly than the charged position is a better marching animation !!! D:

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:59 pm »
I feel like adding misfires might be a pointless addition that could get really annoying after a while. People play the game to shoot and stab each other, not to clean a fouled weapon.