Author Topic: NWWC 2023 | Suggestions  (Read 9965 times)

Offline Mac`

• Sergeant Major
  • mine > yours
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Macasaurusrex
  • Side: Union
Re: NWWC 2023 | Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2023, 04:17:53 am »
Alright lads listen up how about this, for any matches involving NA, they can be hosted from Galway Ireland (assuming a god forsaken host can be found in that city) for the closest proximity possible to NA. And I route any incoming EU connections to like turkey and back again to artificially increase the ping, now everyone gets like 90 ping easy dubs no sweat all is fair in love and war lol  ;D

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2023, 04:22:59 am »
I think people should remember the usual "NA servers" that we play on are in Chicago which is closer to the middle of our continent. You can compare this to a German server in the EU. If we move the server to New York or Northern Virginia, its much closer to the coast making the ping much closer. Also maybe we can consider a different split such as 12 rounds NA and 18 on an EU server.
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2023, 04:39:37 am »
What if the winner of the nwwc fight NA biggest stack on east coast servers as amical match ?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2023, 05:16:11 am »
come on xbox
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2023, 05:26:53 am »
It would be interesting if the World Cup, or the World Tournament, were held in a couple of stages.
1. the American, Canadian, Mexican and Brazilian teams would play each other for the title of Americas champion.
2) Separate matches would be organised between the European countries. And the European countries will be fighting for the title of European Champion.
And in the last phase, the champions from Europe and America would compete for the title of "World Champion".
That would have been interesting.

there are 0 canadian mexican and brazilian teams
CoC > any other team

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2023, 09:04:08 am »
The questionable player transfers to national teams presented difficulties for the Moderation team.

We would like to know what you all think about this situation. We see this as a dilemma with two sides: on one hand, we want to make it the most competitive and fair NWWC yet, which forces us to undo many previous poor decisions (which could infuriate some people); on the other hand, if we don't do that, what is your opinion on allowing people to argue their case for a swap?
Close the discussion about NA servers, we already made an agreement about that matter. The one above is relevant now to discuss.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2023, 09:59:52 am »
You shouldn’t force people to change nations and shouldn’t allow to swap back (eg Maskman, Coco, Zenon, Firefly etc)
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2023, 10:04:35 am »
Its about people that played for a nation without a passport or any sort eligibility because of 2 factors:
Their nation is weak af, so they rather play with a stacked roster to have a higher chance to win;
Or they weren't good enough and want to play for a weaker nation just for the sake to play NWWC.

As Movement said, this is a dilemma for us because undoing all the decisions of the previous hosts can upset some people... But it can make a more fair tourmanent.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:07:37 am by Vegi. »

Wursti

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2023, 10:43:58 am »
Just use the normal rule that people arent allowed to swap nations like many did in last NWWC, just make them play for the nation they first played for / everyone knows ppl are from there and dont make weird alliances

and dont accept people saying a team is impossible without checking it yourself, cuz it mostly is (hello Spain and Ireland), its just their massive egos that dont want to play with worse players

U just keep losing possible Teams cuz of stupid stuff, like Red not being forced to play with SAU in last NWWC (which probably wont exist this time but u get the point)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:48:10 am by Wursti »

David_Schrein

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2023, 10:49:54 am »
The problem that the mod team encountered was that each of these bullshit swaps had been approved in previous iterations of NWWC. The hosts essentially agreed to these swaps because they were sick of listening to the complaining all the time.

We will need the community as a whole to either agree on this in order to make the competition this time around as fair as possible. or to allow several people to argue their case for a legitimate swap because they fulfill the requirements for this.

And for this we need your opinion.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2023, 10:51:39 am »
U just keep losing possible Teams cuz of stupid stuff, like Red not being forced to play with SAU in last NWWC (which probably wont exist this time but u get the point)
There's a possibility for a SAU/SWISS coalition, but if people are willing to form that team, that's the question haha

Wursti

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2023, 10:57:06 am »
There's a possibility for a SAU/SWISS coalition, but if people are willing to form that team, that's the question haha

well I understand if ppl dont want to put the effort into it when half of their players are just playing for France for some reason

Imagine half of the good belgians would be french speaking and suddenly every french speaking Belgian just plays for France instead of Belgium, i think you would lose interest in putting a team together aswell as its just frustrating to see
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 11:00:46 am by Wursti »

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2023, 10:59:10 am »
DarkTemplar for Austria and not for Germany, bypassing the rules.
When did big DT play for GER in the last years?  ???

If our "german" national state tournament showed one thing, then that SAU is looking pretty dead (like the last years)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 11:03:40 am by Nightwing »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2023, 11:05:11 am »
If our "german" national state tournament showed one thing, then that SAU is looking pretty dead (like the last years)
What about Swiss/AUS, that's possible right? I know Austria is indeed pretty dead...

well I understand if ppl dont want to put the effort into it when half of their players are just playing for France for some reason

Imagine half of the good belgians would be french speaking and suddenly every french speaking Belgian just plays for France instead of Belgium, i think you would lose interest in putting a team together aswell as its just frustrating to see
Not really tho, even with a bunch of shitters I always will put a team together. Belgium was never good, we had a few moments in 2014, 2017 and 2018 where we had some good performances, but I don't really care if Belgium has a good team or not, I'll always make the effort to get something together.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 11:08:13 am by Vegi. »

David_Schrein

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2023, 11:05:55 am »
DarkTemplar for Austria and not for Germany, bypassing the rules.
When did big DT play for GER in the last years?  ???
Please view anything that comes from Bodya with a pinch of salt. But given the circumstances, for instance, DT wishes to play for GER and has an convincing case that supports this. Since most of us will leave after this NWWC, we would prefer to hear all of your opinions before making any decisions that might annoy people or ruin their experience of this last dance.