Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 37003 times)

Offline Luke_Blacktham

• Major
  • 71st Ensign | ENIGMA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blacktham
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2022 | Overview
« Reply #525 on: April 14, 2022, 05:11:33 pm »
It’s pretty obvious that I dislike the possible change because it would make the brackets harder for us but still changing the brackets after the 5th matchweek is hilarious. Especially with the reasoning of a mistake with happened at the seeding of the teams. If that would have been the case then yes change it before the whole tournament even starts but not after it progressed to the knockouts. If it would have started with a tournament tree which would lead to a matchup between England and France in the final than yes sure no problem but a change now, after everyone was aware of the Tourneenroute tree and the possible matchups for the different stages is just inappropriate since it damages the whole foundations of trust in the brackets.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 14, 2022, 05:22:26 pm »
Keep it, if a team is good enough to win they will, this is the weakest france and england rosters in years so maybe we can actually have someone interesting this time
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #527 on: April 14, 2022, 05:28:16 pm »
Who was asking for this change in the first place?
Me!!
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #528 on: April 14, 2022, 05:43:32 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for GER was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #529 on: April 14, 2022, 05:53:54 pm »
On paper, the skill gap between GER and ENG is much closer than any previous NWWC in my opinion, hot take - maybe Chicken when doing the bracket thought GER would be stronger than ENG this year which isn't even a controversial opinion and I agree with him 100%

Why did you, a captain of a supposedly top team now cry to the organisers to try to alter the groups just so you can get an easier ride to the finals? Doesn't that seem unfair to the rest of the teams?

Anything other than keeping the bracket would leave many people feeling cheated.
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2022, 06:00:18 pm »
Tbf I always thought from the start of this NWWC that GER had the best chance of winning; France hasn't particularly been in the best of places as far as I'm aware

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2022, 06:00:39 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for NL was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.
I disagree
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2022, 06:04:45 pm »
On paper, the skill gap between GER and ENG is much closer than any previous NWWC in my opinion, hot take - maybe Chicken when doing the bracket thought GER would be stronger than ENG this year which isn't even a controversial opinion and I agree with him 100%

Why did you, a captain of a supposedly top team now cry to the organisers to try to alter the groups just so you can get an easier ride to the finals? Doesn't that seem unfair to the rest of the teams?

Anything other than keeping the bracket would leave many people feeling cheated.
I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France at the desired time.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #533 on: April 14, 2022, 06:05:29 pm »

I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France.

It's because if you lose vs France, you believe you'd have at least beat Germany/NL, thus giving you a 'deserved' second place instead of potential bronze match?

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2022, 06:06:02 pm »

I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France at the desired time.

the best teams will be in the finals, who cares which teams they are? if you're the best team you'll win the tournament
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2022, 06:08:29 pm »
Changing anything in the end of group stage is imo too late. We should accept it as it is.
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2022, 06:11:04 pm »

Great! So what's the point in the poll, if you and FRA are supposedly are okay with not swapping the groups around, then why have the majority of captains voted yesterday for the groups to be swapped?

Now are ENG and FRA willing to swap their vote to be against the group swap now?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2022, 06:11:58 pm »
Cringe that you'd even ask for the change tbh...

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2022, 06:13:33 pm »
Cringe that you'd even ask for the change tbh...

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2022, 06:13:33 pm »

Great! So what's the point in the poll, if you and FRA are supposedly are okay with not swapping the groups around, then why have the majority of captains voted yesterday for the groups to be swapped?

Now are ENG and FRA willing to swap their vote to be against the group swap now?
No idea. I complained weeks ago the day we fought Ireland and haven't cared since.

And no I still wish to fight Fra in the finals.