Author Topic: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 16-2-2021  (Read 56038 times)

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 15-12-2020
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2020, 12:53:05 pm »
Just to be sure that I understand everything (lazy boy, I read diagonally)

So, Remao, Dokletian, Hannes, Stannis, DeLaBedoyere, Cage, MajorMark, Thyrell, Treiz, Soartex, DarkHawk and Carlok are wrong about tiers of our beauty cavalry community  ???

If I hurt some of you, I'm so sorry  :'(

Let's do some 1v1 to make sure I'm right !!!

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2020, 01:22:34 pm »
Even if the list is unfair and wrong, This "list" is updated which is more than others list can say.

Offline LaSalle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2020, 03:48:57 pm »
Can someone put me tier 1 or I will leave this list
Spoiler
[close]

it made me laugh congrats :)

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2020, 04:26:06 pm »
Even if the list is unfair and wrong, This "list" is updated which is more than others list can say.

when was the last time Blader played in a match though? :D

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2020, 05:32:13 pm »

when was the last time Blader played in a match though? :D

8th vs 4e final

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2020, 06:03:42 pm »

If something is unfair and wrong, updating it only serves to keep up the unfairness and wrongness of it.

But in your comment I see one clear example of an argument against statements such as "this is just a list", "you take it too seriously", etc... If it is so unimportant why do so many players want it to exist? Why do you so much like to see it updated even if it is unfair and wrong?

Clearly this list has two states of existence in our minds, it is both important and not important at the same time. And those who were fooled into validating it can switch between the two states as it suits them whenever they argue, to convince others or themselves into something.

Me, who argues that the list has a negative effect and is corruptly run, have no choice but to be locked into "the list is important" state. Therefore, anyone who opposes that view will easily jump to the "the list is not important" argument, without realizing that their words and actions on some other occasions will prove exactly the opposite. In occasions such as being thankful to the editor for running it, or just simply opening the page to look at the latest results. With this in mind, anyone who's argument is "the list is not important" is not providing anything meaningful to the discussion and can be ignored.

With this out of the way, my main point is that the person editing it is a proven liar and authoritarian, and whatever hard work he is doing he is shitting all over it with his words and actions. And everyone who despite that rushes to excuse him and defend him only manage to prove that their main mindset is that "the list is important". Which may as well be the one and only true state of the list, while "the list is not important" is just an illusion and something one tells himself (or more often to others) when he wants to feel morally correct.

We all agree that playing in "big" regiments brings more visibility. On the other hand, visibility doesn't necessarily bring more points in the list, it just brings a more precise vision of what the players have of you, so also of those who rate you. So someone can be very good on "cav gf" but bad in 1v1 matches simply because they don't play this kind of matches. So his tier will probably be inaccurate, because other players will not know the he's bad in 1v1 matches, but they will know that he's good on the cav gf server.

I just don't really understand the drama, because let's imagine that this is real and that this list was designed to bring players into the top 4. It's not this list that is going to influence players who are greedy for skills or notoriety to switch to a "better" regiment. If they are already in this mentality they will do so whether this list exists or not.

This is a list that represents the opinion of some recognized players, but that's all. If you don't like it that is your right and you should not pay any more attention to it.

You are right in that players who would switch regiments to achieve rank increase are unworthy of discussion.

But what is your opinion when it comes to a case of a player who did not fully switch regiments, yet Ciiges intentionally mislabels him on the list, as if his main regiment is one of those four regiments, and then refuses to change the label even when that player privately asks him to?

And then makes his public response to be in the lines of "I have chosen to put him down as a member of 1er because your regiment is shit, not competitive, inactive, and ..." (add further untrue insults).

To not misquote, I will put that piece of writing down here:
The fact of the matter is that your shitty little reg doesn't play enough 1v1's and isn't active enough to be considered an active hussar regiment. Therefore I have decided to put Parilomeus' second reg (the 1er) in his active regiment; because they do play actively and not against shitty teams because they poop themselves at the thought of losing.

What is your opinion on that I wonder? How does this help the idea that this list is not a tool of a few main competitive regiments? How long until some other regiment will be non-competitive enough to be shown on the list, even though that regiment's member somehow ended up on it before even joining one of those competitive regiments?

Furthermore, this kid started lying whenever he opens his mouth

Some example? Apart from Ciiges lying that he has zero input on what is on the front page, but then admits that he can decide what the player's main regiment is? You don't have to go far for the latest example.

Furthermore it was always a joke in the 4e and it was quite obvious I was joking.

Let's look at what that obvious joke was:

Funny you were ok being in the list when you were 2.9, but now you're 3.2 you want to be removed

Ah ah, a real kneeslapper that one, but don't quit your dayjob to become a full blown comedian yet. There is still something missing in your jokes, perhaps humor, rather than aggression caused by panic when you believe that someone will reduce the validity of your list by asking to be removed from it.

Offline Naz

• Corporal
  • Best player EU - 1v1 me Roblox
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Best Player EU
« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2020, 06:25:43 pm »

If something is unfair and wrong, updating it only serves to keep up the unfairness and wrongness of it.

But in your comment I see one clear example of an argument against statements such as "this is just a list", "you take it too seriously", etc... If it is so unimportant why do so many players want it to exist? Why do you so much like to see it updated even if it is unfair and wrong?

Clearly this list has two states of existence in our minds, it is both important and not important at the same time. And those who were fooled into validating it can switch between the two states as it suits them whenever they argue, to convince others or themselves into something.

Me, who argues that the list has a negative effect and is corruptly run, have no choice but to be locked into "the list is important" state. Therefore, anyone who opposes that view will easily jump to the "the list is not important" argument, without realizing that their words and actions on some other occasions will prove exactly the opposite. In occasions such as being thankful to the editor for running it, or just simply opening the page to look at the latest results. With this in mind, anyone who's argument is "the list is not important" is not providing anything meaningful to the discussion and can be ignored.

With this out of the way, my main point is that the person editing it is a proven liar and authoritarian, and whatever hard work he is doing he is shitting all over it with his words and actions. And everyone who despite that rushes to excuse him and defend him only manage to prove that their main mindset is that "the list is important". Which may as well be the one and only true state of the list, while "the list is not important" is just an illusion and something one tells himself (or more often to others) when he wants to feel morally correct.

We all agree that playing in "big" regiments brings more visibility. On the other hand, visibility doesn't necessarily bring more points in the list, it just brings a more precise vision of what the players have of you, so also of those who rate you. So someone can be very good on "cav gf" but bad in 1v1 matches simply because they don't play this kind of matches. So his tier will probably be inaccurate, because other players will not know the he's bad in 1v1 matches, but they will know that he's good on the cav gf server.

I just don't really understand the drama, because let's imagine that this is real and that this list was designed to bring players into the top 4. It's not this list that is going to influence players who are greedy for skills or notoriety to switch to a "better" regiment. If they are already in this mentality they will do so whether this list exists or not.

This is a list that represents the opinion of some recognized players, but that's all. If you don't like it that is your right and you should not pay any more attention to it.

You are right in that players who would switch regiments to achieve rank increase are unworthy of discussion.

But what is your opinion when it comes to a case of a player who did not fully switch regiments, yet Ciiges intentionally mislabels him on the list, as if his main regiment is one of those four regiments, and then refuses to change the label even when that player privately asks him to?

And then makes his public response to be in the lines of "I have chosen to put him down as a member of 1er because your regiment is shit, not competitive, inactive, and ..." (add further untrue insults).

The fact of the matter is that your shitty little reg doesn't play enough 1v1's and isn't active enough to be considered an active hussar regiment. Therefore I have decided to put Parilomeus' second reg (the 1er) in his active regiment; because they do play actively and not against shitty teams because they poop themselves at the thought of losing.

What is your opinion on that I wonder? How does this help the idea that this list is not a tool of a few main competitive regiments? How long until some other regiment will be non-competitive enough to be shown on the list, even though that regiment's member somehow ended up on it before even joining one of those competitive regiments?

Some example? Apart from Ciiges lying that he has zero input on what is on the front page, but then admits that he can decide what the player's main regiment is? You don't have to go far for the latest example.

Furthermore it was always a joke in the 4e and it was quite obvious I was joking.

Funny you were ok being in the list when you were 2.9, but now you're 3.2 you want to be removed

Ah ah, a real kneeslapper that one, but don't quit your dayjob to become a full blown comedian yet. There is still something missing in your jokes, perhaps humor, rather than aggression caused by panic when you believe that someone will reduce the validity of your list by asking to be removed from it.

I have a question men, do you suffer from OLFPD?
No bitch boys in chat.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2020, 06:29:07 pm »

Me, who argues that the list has a negative effect and is corruptly run

Where do you base this on? How does it have a negative effect, how is it corruptly run, and why do you seem to be the only one thinking it?

not providing anything meaningful to the discussion and can be ignored.

Because you are adding a lot of meaning to this thread?

With this out of the way, my main point is that the person editing it is a proven liar and authoritarian

Proven even? Where exactly was it proven, and what did I lie about?

and whatever hard work he is doing he is shitting all over it with his words and actions.

In the words of the famos SirNelsonGOE "You are not being very tier 1 kindhearted here"

And everyone who despite that rushes to excuse him and defend him only manage to prove that their main mindset is that "the list is important".

Or... And hear me out here! They don't agree with your 'points'?

But if everything you say is based on Parilomeus - who did just that - how worthy are your points and arguments?

Not really asked, you kind of forced him into changing it. I'm sure Parigonicalus doesn't mind his regiment being labeled as 1er, as he told me so.

Bit out of context, but I guess you read past the fine lines.

What is your opinion on that I wonder?

Wonder no longer friend! As elaborated quite clearly in my post you quoted, I have decided to put his regiment as 1er because that is the regiment he is most active with in the hussar scene, the regiment that does more 1v1's, the regiment where he has shown his capabilites as a hussar player and the regiment he signs up to tournaments with (such as the hussar cup). I would speculate you could argue that the 1er is his main regiment, no?

I'm 21, which means I am an adult globaly! I might not always act as such, but that is not relevant to the point.

The ratings, you egg. I don't have any say on the ratings whatsoever. You can speculate in your wee tiny little brain as long as you want and come up with some more little lies, but I do not have any saying on the ratings at all.

For someone who is obviously educated in the arts of joking - as the clown you are - you do seem to miss the point that not every joke has to be funny. It could be that this is not the punchline to the joke? Perhaps the punchline is when I bait st0m into responding very angrily on my post...

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2020, 06:35:01 pm »

Offline Tigrane

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 18, 2020, 06:47:32 pm »
What would I do? Personally I would change the tag if the person asks me to, but that doesn't make Ciiges a bad person. This is his choice because this is his list and as long as he doesn't directly offend anyone it shouldn't be a problem. If it disturbs certain people of how they are represented on this list. They should simply not put a value on it. Anyone who disagrees with this list, or the names on this list, should simply not identify themselves with this list.

In conclusion it is impossible to control any representation of what people have of you. Even if this representation bothers you, you can't do much about it. The limit with this kind of thing is respect, and that is the case here, there is a possibility to communicate and under no circumstances is anyone insulted or denigrated here.

The best thing you can do Grozni, and all the other people disturbed by this list is not to feel concerned by this list and not to listen to what you are told about it. That's it, so I hope that everyone now can calm down a bit and enjoy the last moments of this game together!  :)
Stop planting flowers in peoples yards who aren't going to water them

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #505 on: December 18, 2020, 06:57:29 pm »
What would I do? Personally I would change the tag if the person asks me to, but that doesn't make Ciiges a bad person. This is his choice because this is his list and as long as he doesn't directly offend anyone it shouldn't be a problem. If it disturbs certain people of how they are represented on this list. They should simply not put a value on it. Anyone who disagrees with this list, or the names on this list, should simply not identify themselves with this list.

In conclusion it is impossible to control any representation of what people have of you. Even if this representation bothers you, you can't do much about it. The limit with this kind of thing is respect, and that is the case here, there is a possibility to communicate and under no circumstances is anyone insulted or denigrated here.

The best thing you can do Grozni, and all the other people disturbed by this list is not to feel concerned by this list and not to listen to what you are told about it. That's it, so I hope that everyone now can calm down a bit and enjoy the last moments of this game together!  :)

Let's not forget this is Grozni saying Pari wants it changed, I've yet to see Pari say anything here. And I doubt ciiges wouldn't change if it if Pari truly asked him too.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 18, 2020, 07:10:57 pm »
these are the type of people that light 5g towers on fire

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #507 on: December 18, 2020, 07:17:40 pm »
well tbf they did cause covid19!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2020, 08:27:59 pm »
well tbf they did cause covid19!!!!!!!!!!

First covid19 made me isolate from the realworld, now grozvid20 makes me wanna isolate from fse
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #509 on: December 18, 2020, 09:36:27 pm »
In all fairness Ciiges, your comment to St0m wasn't a joke or if it was, you can't blame Grozni for thinking it had every sign of you being a bit arrogant in your answer. Don't get me wrong, a few people here know you within private spheres and got to know you (and love you) for that kind of personality you have. I even think that generally speaking, many people in the cav community got used to how you interact with others, friends or others, but in that precise case, it's really hard to find a joke or even the semblance of one.

Everyone in the 4e knows St0m cared a great deal about this list, we had some pretty heated arguments on the whatsapp convo about it, he never felt like he was given the ranking he deserved. When he, in the most serious way possible, asked you to remove him from the list and you gave him that kind of response in an equally serious tone, I'm pretty certain there was no joke intended, or at least if joke there was, you fully knew St0m could very well not take it that way and if your idea was to bait him into answering you in an angry manner, then Grozni's comments about that specific points are entirely legitimate.

I don't see how admitting it weakens the rest of your argument nor does is strengthen Grozni's, but being honest about it can actually make you look like the bigger man in the eyes of the people who can acknowledge what I just said. I fully disagree with him on many other aspects of what he brought publicly on this thread, neither do I think that just because you are the one who posted this thread, you should be observing a perfect behaviour at any given moments. You are a human being and just like the rest of us, you can be subject to mood swings. It has absolutely nothing to do with the relevance of this thread or a so-called conspiration of the 4 big regiments.

@Grozni

I read a big part of your messages on this thread. I wish I would have the time and the motivation to answer it point by point, but I don't even know if it would change anything given the person whom I find the response of absolutely spot-on (Dokletian) didn't seem to have much of an impact on your initial way of thinking. Eventually, I would be interested to discuss it on TS one day or another, which I feel would be way more relaxed than here.

Kudos to the cav scene, regardless of what you think I can guarantee you these sort of arguments are still more mature than what I can see in the infantry scene sometimes.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.