Author Topic: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 16-2-2021  (Read 56120 times)

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 15-12-2020
« Reply #465 on: December 17, 2020, 07:36:13 pm »
The classification of individuals according to lists of competition in any area, from intellectual models to video games, is called classism. And discrimination based on that classification is also called classism.

Regardless of whether or not this list was made with the objectivity of a Jew threatened by thirty Nazis (are you seriously putting Darklight behind me?), It is totally retrograde and above all shows a conceit that should be motive of shame more than pride from your part.

Probably the most childish characteristic of your list is not to erase the names of those who have asked you, first, because you show an ecpathic character (contrary to empathy) and, second, because you believe that the position that you or anyone who has voted this list is not mere prejudice. When a list is not based on mathematical criteria or objective minimums (empiric stuff), has the same quality that a shopping list has, insubstantial and arbitrary. To give you an idea, FIFA to make its games, relies on more than 5 million specific data to make the rankings of the players and is still considered a subjective and false list.

Asking a minimum of good sense, erase the name of whoever asks you and stop believing that a video game is a reason to believe yourself superior or discriminate against someone.

You can subjectively argue that some of the players have been unfairly rated and are being discriminated against because of personal or regimental relations with those whose opinions have been used in making the list, but the inherent subjectivity of the list itself makes it almost impossible to highlight an example of discrimination. As you correctly point out, it is an arbitrary and insubstantial list based on the given opinions of several players, something which is made worse by the absence of classifications or requirements for each tier. All that means is that, with that knowledge, you should be less concerned with the conclusions of the list, because you know that it is solely based on opinion and subject to arbitration and, surely, to some personal discrimination by the contributors as relating to certain individuals, the latter being something which you could not prove without a stricter classification system or a direct admission.

The continued inclusion of people who request to be removed is not evidence that Ciiges considers himself superior or in a position to discriminate against anyone. That's a leap of logic which doesn't connect. You might say he should respect the wishes of that person and remove them, which is fair, but the fact he doesn't is not necessarily evidence of a belief of superiority as it could just as well be evidence of, and I believe this to be case, his continued commitment to maintaining the list in its whole form. If too many players are purposefully removed then the list no longer displays a full picture and is at a loss for legitimacy. I think it's quite obvious that Ciiges wants to keep everyone on the list because he wants it to be considered a generally accurate picture of the scene relating to skill, not because he thinks he's superior and has the right to dictate everyone's skill level. Not that the last point even stands on its own either, since the ratings are the combined opinion of several players from different parts of the scene and do not represent Ciiges' personal view.

You should accept its subjectivity, which is unavoidable in quite literally any list that is not based on statistical data, and from that you can choose to take it as seriously as you like. I do agree that a more precise classification system would improve the list, especially if it was categorical, and having the opinions of many different people on a wide number of categories would surely improve the perceived accuracy of the list. That said, it's a lot of work for something which would only change players' ratings by a few decimal points.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #466 on: December 17, 2020, 07:36:41 pm »
Yes. BNL had nothing to do with the sudden change of regiments in the dutch and belgian community im sure :P it was this list all along!!!
  :o  (I'm sure this happened in some other nations too, although BNL is one of the more obvious examples)

Also, I am pretty sure Pari can speak for himself. If he was that upset about his 1er behind his name he'd have told us no? Especially since he's in the same regiment as Ciiges? Or hell.. On this thread again? Like last time? Or are you his fucking guardian who has to be there to manage everything for him?

Ratings are subjective, plenty that we all think should be different. And sure some of the lower tier players might be better but stuck in worse regiments. But even then, they could've proven themselves this SNC. And there will be tournaments in the future (Fantasy League, etc) where they can do it again.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:40:58 pm by StephanGH »

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #467 on: December 17, 2020, 07:37:50 pm »
sad to see no Eejit / hamish, centurion or Scott / psycho

best 3 nw cav ive ever seen
That's why we leave the rating to players in the big regiments, with actual knowledge.
well no its because they dont play anymore retard

Spoiler
[close]

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 17, 2020, 07:40:11 pm »

That's why we leave the rating to players in the big regiments, with actual knowledge.

You should've looked harder if those are the best 3 you can name lol.
And if they don't play anymore, then why is it sad to not see them? Doesn't it mention it's active cav :/

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #469 on: December 17, 2020, 07:41:57 pm »

And if they don't play anymore, then why is it sad to not see them? Doesn't it mention it's active cav :/

not the best three i can name and didnt rlly think about it lmao, theyre simply three who i always think of when i think of cav due to their ability

and no it doesnt as youve said

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #470 on: December 17, 2020, 07:42:57 pm »

not the best three i can name and didnt rlly think about it lmao, theyre simply three who i always think of when i think of cav due to their ability

Your contribution to this list has been noted, thank you so very much

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 17, 2020, 07:43:11 pm »

Everyone sure as hell realised it was though, how else are you supposed to give an accurate rating of how people are now?
Not to mention missing names such as Rival, Caylor etc?!?

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #472 on: December 17, 2020, 07:45:43 pm »
What even is this mess here? Cant I just be half dead with corona and not have to read a book? Someone wants to tldr this?

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 17, 2020, 07:46:30 pm »
What even is this mess here? Cant I just be half dead with corona and not have to read a book? Someone wants to tldr this?

sure,

grozni thinks its rigged and its just a recruitment method to force decent players in worse regiments to join the big 4
(cus the players in worse regs are put lower? and cus... Pari with 1er tag after name when hes 10thRH aswell? idk)
then shitshow
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:48:03 pm by StephanGH »

Offline Yuwan

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 17, 2020, 07:52:08 pm »
When am i being put on t1? i think this list is rigged i am 1er and not even high rated...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:54:44 pm by Yuwan »

Offline SirNelsonGOE

• Corporal
  • Hola =/
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SirNelsonGOE
« Reply #475 on: December 17, 2020, 07:54:35 pm »
The classification of individuals according to lists of competition in any area, from intellectual models to video games, is called classism. And discrimination based on that classification is also called classism.

Regardless of whether or not this list was made with the objectivity of a Jew threatened by thirty Nazis (are you seriously putting Darklight behind me?), It is totally retrograde and above all shows a conceit that should be motive of shame more than pride from your part.

Probably the most childish characteristic of your list is not to erase the names of those who have asked you, first, because you show an ecpathic character (contrary to empathy) and, second, because you believe that the position that you or anyone who has voted this list is not mere prejudice. When a list is not based on mathematical criteria or objective minimums (empiric stuff), has the same quality that a shopping list has, insubstantial and arbitrary. To give you an idea, FIFA to make its games, relies on more than 5 million specific data to make the rankings of the players and is still considered a subjective and false list.

Asking a minimum of good sense, erase the name of whoever asks you and stop believing that a video game is a reason to believe yourself superior or discriminate against someone.

You can subjectively argue that some of the players have been unfairly rated and are being discriminated against because of personal or regimental relations with those whose opinions have been used in making the list, but the inherent subjectivity of the list itself makes it almost impossible to highlight an example of discrimination. As you correctly point out, it is an arbitrary and insubstantial list based on the given opinions of several players, something which is made worse by the absence of classifications or requirements for each tier. All that means is that, with that knowledge, you should be less concerned with the conclusions of the list, because you know that it is solely based on opinion and subject to arbitration and, surely, to some personal discrimination by the contributors as relating to certain individuals, the latter being something which you could not prove without a stricter classification system or a direct admission.

The continued inclusion of people who request to be removed is not evidence that Ciiges considers himself superior or in a position to discriminate against anyone. That's a leap of logic which doesn't connect. You might say he should respect the wishes of that person and remove them, which is fair, but the fact he doesn't is not necessarily evidence of a belief of superiority as it could just as well be evidence of, and I believe this to be case, his continued commitment to maintaining the list in its whole form. If too many players are purposefully removed then the list no longer displays a full picture and is at a loss for legitimacy. I think it's quite obvious that Ciiges wants to keep everyone on the list because he wants it to be considered a generally accurate picture of the scene relating to skill, not because he thinks he's superior and has the right to dictate everyone's skill level. Not that the last point even stands on its own either, since the ratings are the combined opinion of several players from different parts of the scene and do not represent Ciiges' personal view.

You should accept its subjectivity, which is unavoidable in quite literally any list that is not based on statistical data, and from that you can choose to take it as seriously as you like. I do agree that a more precise classification system would improve the list, especially if it was categorical, and having the opinions of many different people on a wide number of categories would surely improve the perceived accuracy of the list. That said, it's a lot of work for something which would only change players' ratings by a few decimal points.

First I agree with everything you say about subjectivity, and that is more the fault of whoever takes the list seriously.

But you do not understand, I may like the list, it may seem subjective and it is normal, but my criticism is essentially to introduce people who do not want to be on it. People you play with every day, whom you are not respecting in their decision, before "simple elements of a list" are people, and even more, friends. I don't care if the forum lets him do that, it's just not right. And thats all.
Fuck all, I like Erik his voice is like Benedict Cumberbatch

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2020, 07:55:50 pm »
How is it not right? And why are you telling me it's not right? I'm not the one rating them.

Offline FreyrDS

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_HussBis_Cpt_FreyrDS
« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:27 pm »
When am i being put on t1? i think this list is rigged i am 1er and not even high rated...
I can only agree with this. Best player I have ever seen play and it's not even close.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »
How is it not right? And why are you telling me it's not right? I'm not the one rating them.
He is not talking about the ratings, he is talking about you refusing to remove people in certain occasions (and anwsering Gibby's point about it).
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 17, 2020, 08:08:20 pm »
He is not talking about the ratings, he is talking about you refusing to remove people in certain occasions (and anwsering Gibby's point about it).
As of yet St0m is still an active player, despite announcing his retirement. Furthermore it was always a joke in the 4e and it was quite obvious I was joking. I'll remove him if he actually retires.