Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 33745 times)

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2020, 03:12:02 pm »
fuck you guys think st0m's finna do, win us the league by himself?
Don't think the problem is with St0m!
The problem i see is:
1. The inconsistency of the rules? Reg Leaders accepted the rules prior to this league.
And duuring the league some many rules are getting changed?
This really makes this rule book more like guidelines which are changable.

2. Every player should have known that prior to the league, that he might should decide carefully which regiment he should play for...
Because it was clearly said, your not allowed to play for another regiment then.

Can't say I agree with any of that.
It's literally not uncommon for rules to be rewritten or added/deleted after the start of tournaments if they are deemed necessary.
In this case it's a rule which has led to better and more smooth tournaments in other modules, and could have the same effect here.

Just give it a chance and don't yell before the ball hits you.

Behave yourself. No reason to start insulting people and it wont help your point aswell.
?? where did I insult anyone ??

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2020, 03:12:48 pm »
imagine changing ur reg cause ur loosing matches to join a better reg and thinking ur rigth doing that C:

Offline Jesu04

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2020, 03:31:53 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
If your arguments are gonna be things taken from years ago, and not even related to the topic, you might as well stick to posting obscure videos to fuel your sArCAsm

You're talking about an invite rule, this transfer window allows people a single switch of teams, but they actually have to be a part of the regiment they're going to play for, to meaningfully join said-regiment.

If there was anything that made membership "meaningful" it was the fact that once you made your decision prior to launching the league, it was definitive and set you up for the entirety of the competition. The rule you came up with erases the word "meaningful" from our dictionary, the sheer unprecedentedness of enabling players to participate in matches with more than one regiment during one and the same season of a league is simply the heaviest blow you can deliver to the sense of legitimacy that a membership in a regiment holds. There is good reason why it was never allowed before.

I'm particularly appalled because when it suited your interest in the past, you didn't hesitate to play the role of "legit memership" police and unleash your sanctimonious concern on rival regiments. Now you want St0m so you casually jump over to the opposite side of the barricade. But it's just too transparent. You already know very well that I and many others don't consider you a honourable player and I'm sure you're at peace with that thought, but what you did now doesn't even pretend to disguise itself for the sake of your image with the rest of community, you might just as well stand on a podium and shout: "I'll do anything for a slightest fortification of my regiment and its chances to win, be it skinning little kittens alive or sucking a dick!!!!!"

Genuinely curious to see if it pays off.
[close]
God damn Erik rigging everything again!!11 ;_;
Also Rastignac, the idea of having a transfer window was taken from the CCL, where a rule like that was also planned, but did not apply because of the abrupt end of the competition.

All of you guys should stop painting the devil on the wall and make the whole new rule bigger than it is (because that just might lead to it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy); a few individuals seem to be really insecure about players suddenly leaving their regiment, so they try to foreshadow this big 'player migration' -  quite frankly, I do not see where this is suddenly coming from and in my opinion it is most unlikely that major players suddenly decide to pack their stuff and join a whole different regiment. People are acting as if the rule would state that one player from every regiment HAS TO change.

The rule is supposed to be a small opportunity for a handful of unfortunate individuals, who the admin team wants to enjoy the (big) rest of the league and I do not see anything wrong with that. Also, I do agree that this in the context of St0m leaving the 1er might appear a bit questionable for some people, but it really is just bad timing, since a few people before were asking for such a possibility already and with St0m a new case came in addition to them.

I would also oppose such a new rule if it would have been implented in the final stages of the tournament and/or would have allowed more than one player per regiment, but the rule as it is right now seems very harmless to me and does not damage the competition at all.
[close]

In my eyes, if you want to play in the tournament, don't leave a reg part way through it. You either leave your reg before it starts or leave afterwards. Anyone who left their regiment during knows the outcome. That being said, if its a player who has not currently played for any regiment in the CL, I see no reason not to allow them to partake.

I absolutely agree and specially if you take into consideration how many people from DIFFERENT regiments are disagreeing with the rule you should reconsider this rule :)
[close]
90% 1er here
Also letting regimental leaders decide... really? What do you think would have happened if you'd have let the regimental leaders decide upon the cheating rule?
This rule is explicitly aimed at individuals and it surely is no regimental thing so there is no point at letting regiments voting on this.

@DragonKing, once again: it is not all about St0m, I know some people are trying as hard as they can to make it look like it is all about ONE person, but do you guys actually think Lindblom would have made a rule then??
90% 1er but Reamao really doubts about the new rule, Dragon King complains about it, some people in the 8th too and thyrell says he agrees on this people...I have look..who agrees with the new rule...Oh only 4e members!

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2020, 03:38:18 pm »
90% 1er but Reamao really doubts about the new rule, Dragon King complains about it, some people in the 8th too and thyrell says he agrees on this people...I have look..who agrees with the new rule...Oh only 4e members!
I mean, one simple gaze over the last 4 pages and the adminteam, and you'll see it's not "only 4e members".

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2020, 03:41:19 pm »
Behave yourself. No reason to start insulting people and it wont help your point aswell.
Is this really a question?

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2020, 03:41:58 pm »
Yes, please do quote where exactly I insulted a particular person.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2020, 03:42:33 pm »
Yes, please do quote where exactly I insulted a particular person.
"Fuck you guys"

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »
perhaps if you read the context it'd make more sence. It's english slang for "what the fuck are you guys".

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2020, 03:44:11 pm »
Maybe rule changes like this, which do affect the regiments directly should be discussed with them first and get their oppinion on it.
So we would have less drama in the forums.

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Jesu04

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2020, 03:44:48 pm »
I mean, one simple gaze over the last 4 pages and the adminteam, and you'll see it's not "only 4e members".
You mean just Lindblom

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2020, 03:44:55 pm »
right, 4e members and soartex  ::)

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:37 pm »
Maybe rule changes like this, which do affect the regiments directly should be discussed with them first and get their oppinion on it.
So we would have less drama in the forums.
I'm quite certain it was discussed within the entire admin team, which I do believe are representatives of the tournament and regiments signed up to it.

right, 4e members and soartex  ::)
You mean just Lindblom
Ahh there's 2 already!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:49:27 pm by Ciiges »

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2020, 03:46:03 pm »
perhaps if you read the context it'd make more sence. It's english slang for "what the fuck are you guys".
And you still have no reason to even write it that way. It is still offensive. Even if you "mean" it that way its pretty easy to think of it otherwise. Next time edit it instead of discussing.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2020, 03:48:10 pm »
And you still have no reason to even write it that way. It is still offensive. Even if you "mean" it that way its pretty easy to think of it otherwise. Next time edit it instead of discussing.
I'm sorry, but that in no way is offensive. There's no insult to anyone, and there's slang in every language.
It's really not easy to interpret it any other way because of the context surrounding the message.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2020, 03:49:32 pm »
I'm sorry, but that in no way is offensive. There's no insult to anyone, and there's slang in every language.
It's really not easy to interpret it any other way because of the context surrounding the message.
Sure because I see everybody else here starting there message with an "Fuck you guys". The point stands for you and everyone else. If you want to further discuss that feel free to add me. Thats all about this topic.