Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 79333 times)

Offline Shogun.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sunset
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #465 on: December 17, 2020, 08:00:21 pm »
The only thing I would return for is a duo queue system. This would make it so I actually get to play on the team of atleast one of my friends. perhaps it could be 6v6, and one duo is selected to be “captain”, and the 4 remaining duos are picked as in old matchmaking, the difference being if you pick one player you get his duo (it should be made perfectly clear who they are with).
This works with respect to rikkerts points, as sometimes you want to just play NW, and for that gf server is fine, but when you want to play with friends, gf server isn’t exactly fun, and this addition would fill that niche perfectly

this is way too ez to abuse ngl
Please explain how this easy to abuse if the WBMM Elo system actually works, rather than just a number to boost your ego. If one teams combined Elo is skyrocketing above all others in a game, that is simply unfortunate, and their opponents should not lose that many points, nor should that team gain many points.

if they balance it that u gain/lose more/less elo if you play vs duos without having an own duo in your team or vs a team with significantly higher elo it wouldnt matter. And that would only work properly if ppl keep hidden mmr over more than a season cuz otherwise MM will be unplayable after a reset

Also the picking system itself wasnt very good, the first pick also got the 2nd last which basically got him the best player while not getting the worst in exchange.

Means one Captain can pick e.g. Python and avoid Vegi at the same time

Youre talking about Pechenin @Stone
Seems like you have obsolutley no clue how hidden mmr works. Or how the gain loss works in any way
We used to have a balance system by MMR with duoqueueing being allowed but it wasn't very good when 2 tier1 players are queueing together. It only works when people play a lot but people who are good at the game but don't play that often are making them look like everyone else and that made the matches quite unfair
stop talking,revive wbmm and i ll play with my best friends Wursti and Golden

Wursti

« Reply #466 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:00 pm »
Spoiler
The only thing I would return for is a duo queue system. This would make it so I actually get to play on the team of atleast one of my friends. perhaps it could be 6v6, and one duo is selected to be “captain”, and the 4 remaining duos are picked as in old matchmaking, the difference being if you pick one player you get his duo (it should be made perfectly clear who they are with).
This works with respect to rikkerts points, as sometimes you want to just play NW, and for that gf server is fine, but when you want to play with friends, gf server isn’t exactly fun, and this addition would fill that niche perfectly

Please explain how this easy to abuse if the WBMM Elo system actually works, rather than just a number to boost your ego. If one teams combined Elo is skyrocketing above all others in a game, that is simply unfortunate, and their opponents should not lose that many points, nor should that team gain many points.

if they balance it that u gain/lose more/less elo if you play vs duos without having an own duo in your team or vs a team with significantly higher elo it wouldnt matter. And that would only work properly if ppl keep hidden mmr over more than a season cuz otherwise MM will be unplayable after a reset

Also the picking system itself wasnt very good, the first pick also got the 2nd last which basically got him the best player while not getting the worst in exchange.

Seems like you have obsolutley no clue how hidden mmr works. Or how the gain loss works in any way
We used to have a balance system by MMR with duoqueueing being allowed but it wasn't very good when 2 tier1 players are queueing together. It only works when people play a lot but people who are good at the game but don't play that often are making them look like everyone else and that made the matches quite unfair
[close]

nobody said that any1 knows how exactly it works xd

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #467 on: December 17, 2020, 10:56:58 pm »
queue up guys

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #468 on: December 17, 2020, 11:49:46 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
It shall be done m'lord

Is there even anyone willing to provide servers? Since people complained about our server the last time, I don't think it's a good idea to use them again
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:51:46 pm by LaPache »

Offline DarkTemplar

• Board Moderator
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #469 on: December 18, 2020, 12:39:26 am »
Spoiler

[close]
It shall be done m'lord

Is there even anyone willing to provide servers? Since people complained about our server the last time, I don't think it's a good idea to use them again

I mean, tbf the issues didn't come from the servers as far as we noticed, so I don't think it would change anyhting
(and I have no server to test it  :-X)

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #470 on: December 18, 2020, 09:23:28 am »
Servers were fine, only bitches complaining

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
« Reply #471 on: December 18, 2020, 09:31:43 am »

First time no
Glory to Ukraine

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #472 on: December 18, 2020, 10:27:56 am »

TRUTH
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Nock

« Reply #473 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:58 pm »

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #474 on: December 18, 2020, 04:23:32 pm »

First time no
we had second time?? :-\

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Nock

« Reply #479 on: December 19, 2020, 12:46:33 am »
i think he was talking bout wursti