Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 78696 times)

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #435 on: December 17, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »
from my point of view, it's worth a try to turn it on only from 4-7 + trying to get the people on the TS

I mean there is one but it was hardly used

server were fine, it felt different, that's true, but there wasn't any lag. So I don't think they changes came from the server, maybe they came from the scripts used?
The scrips should have not affected the gameplay. My guess from what I picked up from Wüstenkrieger is that the terrible NW code with the scripts together might have made it lag or feel different  a little. Apparently the code for NW seems to be pretty awful. But I'm not sure just weird that it would cause these issues on NW but not Native. Perhaps it was also that the server did not have enough restarts daily (it was set to 1. I wouldn't know how to make it more restarts a day). If anyone is willing to host german or french servers feel free to contact me.
About the turn it out for a specific time I don't think that is necessary it would be on the whole time just people need to be willing to not only check the queue but also stay in it.
The biggest problem was that Native queue is always alive because people login go in queue and wait so there is a always an active match. For NW people logged in saw that queue was empty and left the website if everyone is doing that no wonder that people stopped playing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 04:11:09 pm by LaPache »

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #436 on: December 17, 2020, 04:11:15 pm »
didn't this shit die because the website stopped working on chrome ???

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2020, 04:15:45 pm »
I posted how to fix it. But we managed to fix it for everyone anyway.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #438 on: December 17, 2020, 04:16:50 pm »
all i remember is that people stopped playing mm directly after the website issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2020, 04:18:30 pm »
all i remember is that people stopped playing mm directly after the website issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well that speeded the process for sure but it was already beginning before it happend.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »
The biggest reason as to why it is so popular on native and not on NW is the ease of the GF server on NW. If you just wanna play groupfighting for an hour or so you could either: A) sit in a queue and pray that other people will join in. B) hop on the gf server for a bit and just play the game instantly.

Yes, proper 6v6 is perhaps more enjoyable than the chaos and randomness of the gf server. But on the other hand, when I just wanna play this game for a bit I often just wanna fuck around on the gf server and do quick melee. Just run in, do some shit, die, repeat next round. There's no downtime, there are no queues to miss, there are no obligations towards ur teammates to play properly. You can just play the game for a bit.

WBMM was fun for a while, until the novelty of it and thus the reason for tryharding for ranks wore off. From then on it was simply more convenient and perhaps enjoyable to just go on the gf server.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2020, 05:12:14 pm »
The biggest reason as to why it is so popular on native and not on NW is the ease of the GF server on NW. If you just wanna play groupfighting for an hour or so you could either: A) sit in a queue and pray that other people will join in. B) hop on the gf server for a bit and just play the game instantly.

Yes, proper 6v6 is perhaps more enjoyable than the chaos and randomness of the gf server. But on the other hand, when I just wanna play this game for a bit I often just wanna fuck around on the gf server and do quick melee. Just run in, do some shit, die, repeat next round. There's no downtime, there are no queues to miss, there are no obligations towards ur teammates to play properly. You can just play the game for a bit.

WBMM was fun for a while, until the novelty of it and thus the reason for tryharding for ranks wore off. From then on it was simply more convenient and perhaps enjoyable to just go on the gf server.
100% agreed

Still I would love to see it back. Especially over Christmas - new year when a lot of NW Stuff takes a break but due to the rn covid situation you also cant even go out.

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2020, 05:27:13 pm »

50% agreed

Still I would love to see it back. Especially over Christmas - new year when a lot of NW Stuff takes a break but due to the rn covid situation you also cant even go out.

Wursti

« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2020, 05:29:51 pm »
Well I prefer MM over the GF server, especially while bob is testing you have some go-to :D

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2020, 05:30:20 pm »

They wouldn't have to pray if people would play it actively. Nobody has to pray on Native and it's not because there wasn't any other choice. Servers like IG_Battlegrounds were pretty alive before MM came but people switched over to MM instead. Ofc you would have to tryhard it's not exactly a place to fuck around.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 17, 2020, 05:36:48 pm »
MM was sick tbh, the numbers definitely dropped after the hype died down a little, but you really never had to wait that long for a game. Hell I remember some saddos playing until like 3am some nights.

Go revive.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 17, 2020, 05:47:15 pm »

They wouldn't have to pray if people would play it actively. Nobody has to pray on Native and it's not because there wasn't any other choice. Servers like IG_Battlegrounds were pretty alive before MM came but people switched over to MM instead. Ofc you would have to tryhard it's not exactly a place to fuck around.
Well my point is that a lot of people think: "why go through WBMM when I can just quickly join the GF server". 

My point in relation to native is that if you just wanna play NW, the experience of WBMM is similar enough to GF server to the extent where the convenience of GF server makes it the preferred option. However, if you go on native, the experience on something like a deathmatch server or battle server is not even remotely comparable to that of Native Matchmaking. There are no people picking proper classes on proper maps with proper tactics on those deathmatch servers, there's no teamwork and the playerbase is completely different.

Such a difference between the experience of groupfighting and WBMM does not exist on NW. On both, you line up, stab people, repeat. There are no different classes, maps, tactics that can change the experience enough to make WBMM stand out and the playerbase is more or less the same. Therefore convenience is the deciding factor, which means the GF server takes preference for many.

Edit: the only novelty that WBMM offered was a ranking system, which was fun until that novelty wore off. I'm not trying to shittalk your creation btw. WBMM was great for how long it lasted. I'm just trying to explain why it died.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 05:51:46 pm by Rikkert »

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 17, 2020, 06:23:01 pm »
Pls rev was good fun

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #448 on: December 17, 2020, 06:26:22 pm »
The only thing I would return for is a duo queue system. This would make it so I actually get to play on the team of atleast one of my friends. perhaps it could be 6v6, and one duo is selected to be “captain”, and the 4 remaining duos are picked as in old matchmaking, the difference being if you pick one player you get his duo (it should be made perfectly clear who they are with).
This works with respect to rikkerts points, as sometimes you want to just play NW, and for that gf server is fine, but when you want to play with friends, gf server isn’t exactly fun, and this addition would fill that niche perfectly

Wursti

« Reply #449 on: December 17, 2020, 06:30:42 pm »
The only thing I would return for is a duo queue system. This would make it so I actually get to play on the team of atleast one of my friends. perhaps it could be 6v6, and one duo is selected to be “captain”, and the 4 remaining duos are picked as in old matchmaking, the difference being if you pick one player you get his duo (it should be made perfectly clear who they are with).
This works with respect to rikkerts points, as sometimes you want to just play NW, and for that gf server is fine, but when you want to play with friends, gf server isn’t exactly fun, and this addition would fill that niche perfectly

this is way too ez to abuse ngl