Author Topic: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Final Update Posted!  (Read 134850 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Both Regiments List Added!
« Reply #1035 on: September 24, 2020, 04:34:40 pm »
The 22nd was an excellent regiment, it just eventually didn't get a lot of recognition from the late era peeps because there isn't any proper achievement to rank them but as Murphy stated, anyone who faced them on the field knew you could not underestimate them mostly cause of a strong leadership and a solid core with many up and coming players.

I can relate to this cause the 75e is easily the third best French competitive regiment of all time (after the 14e and the 85e) yet we underperformed once we started playing proper leagues where tactics way much more vicious/tryhardish so we clearly don't deserve to be on this list. Can't be too mad about it when even the legendary 8lr isn't, again, understandably so based on the list criterias.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1036 on: September 24, 2020, 05:09:30 pm »
Despite the fact that the 22nd was unconditionally better than half of those top 20 regiments, the list is fair if it’s based off tournaments. The 22nd did undeniably donkey bollocks in them due to the style and nature of the regiment. We could’ve performed a lot better - and the fact that it was an upcoming regiment during the “old generation”. Whilst the likes of Nr24, 17e and 92nd etc... were already established. I kinda had to keep training my own lads as the veterans would join them over mine. But I’m satisfied with my regiments accomplishments and anybody with any clue will give it good recognition. A list doesn’t have to prove that.

I think you’re a big meanie putting me as a tier 5 melee player tho, herishey.

Stark sent me here just to grass him in.
Hey at least you're on it!

As Tardet said the 22nd I would say had its ups and downs but at times could of course compete with the top regiments, it simply didn't fit the criteria. I also think peak 77y with Axiom, me, SpaceKiller, etc would have clapped 22nd ya'know. Also prime 84e no way were you taking Eddie, Axiom, Mopin, Winchansa, Robbie, etc.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 24, 2020, 05:12:57 pm »
Tbf from what I can remember, the 77y while Malakith was there was not that good competitively, it was more our size and easy communication that made us good at events. It wasn't until Gaz took over line that the 77y really started to emerge as good in the competitve scene. That is reflected in these rankings.
jeljer best cpt

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1038 on: September 24, 2020, 05:28:33 pm »
I always enjoyed playing against 22nd. Good regiment, always facing melee. We knew that we couldn't make any mistakes against them. But as you said, they just couldn't compete against the top regiments at that era

Btw what is 66th ?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #1039 on: September 24, 2020, 06:05:32 pm »
It was a shame not to see 22nd on there but it makes sense since I dont remember us winning shit in tournies  ;D

And wdym what is 66th  >:(

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 24, 2020, 06:14:54 pm »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 24, 2020, 06:16:23 pm »
I always enjoyed playing against 22nd. Good regiment, always facing melee. We knew that we couldn't make any mistakes against them. But as you said, they just couldn't compete against the top regiments at that era

Btw what is 66th ?
It's one of the newer age regiments similar to say Pieter's 17e, was only around a year roughly maybe 2 but won a fair amount in it's time.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:03 pm »

Btw what is 66th ?

Way after your time Space. They were one of the regiment the 85e faced in the RGL. We won one title, they won the next, but overall they were a much more stable regiment and existed way before and way after we did.

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
« Reply #1043 on: September 24, 2020, 06:24:56 pm »
Merci à tous

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1044 on: September 24, 2020, 07:14:07 pm »
HI MURPHY
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 24, 2020, 07:23:00 pm »
I can relate to this cause the 75e is easily the third best French competitive regiment of all time (after the 14e and the 85e) yet we underperformed once we started playing proper leagues where tactics way much more vicious/tryhardish so we clearly don't deserve to be on this list. Can't be too mad about it when even the legendary 8lr isn't, again, understandably so based on the list criterias.
I held the 75e in very high regard back in 2014 when we formed 18e. I wanted 18e to join the big french trio, 75e+14e+84e. We even started to use the 75e rank structure after a while :P

Thats why not only us but I think everyone was so surprised when we 8-2'd you in NWL S2 2 weeks after the whole 83rd incident.

Thanks to Lost Knight for the throwback screenshot to Feb 2014's NWL match vs 75e
[close]
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 24, 2020, 07:48:39 pm »
I held the 75e in very high regard back in 2014 when we formed 18e. I wanted 18e to join the big french trio, 75e+14e+84e. We even started to use the 75e rank structure after a while :P

Thats why not only us but I think everyone was so surprised when we 8-2'd you in NWL S2 2 weeks after the whole 83rd incident.

Thanks to Lost Knight for the throwback screenshot to Feb 2014's NWL match vs 75e
[close]
I feel like Mythical was here. Or TitanMyth maybe in that year.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 24, 2020, 07:55:41 pm »
As far as I remember, we were a bit thrown off by the tactics in the first couple of rounds and the map. Until then, we had only met the regular style of 1v1 which consisted of some medium / close range shooting then big melee phase. I think we were completely unprepared to be facing a regiment staying at long ranges (and being damn good in shooting aswell) and ngl, that made us tilt off the face of the earth cause there was legit nothing we could do, we were constantly losing a couple of men before being able to get any close of engaging you.

I have one round in mind especially mid-way through the game, where you switched things and started being way more aggro, we got into a massive 30v30 melee and got absolutely stomped, you could feel our side, be it NCO, CO or simple soldiers, felt pressured, shaky, uncomfortable whereas you guys were shining with confidence. That sort of ruined our start in the league cause we were indeed expecting to beat you and were already looking ahead at bigger challenges and we never truly recovered from that, couldn't even finish the league if I remember correctly.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 24, 2020, 08:04:00 pm »
I feel like Mythical was here. Or TitanMyth maybe in that year.
Nah man this is way pre mythical

I have one round in mind especially mid-way through the game, where you switched things and started being way more aggro, we got into a massive 30v30 melee and got absolutely stomped, you could feel our side, be it NCO, CO or simple soldiers, felt pressured, shaky, uncomfortable whereas you guys were shining with confidence.
I remember the round you're talking about very well. The FR spawn had that dumbass Mt Everest which we tried to avoid sitting on but you guys had that amazing head glitch spot so we were kind of forced to shoot a little from the higher ground at the start, but we were so evenly matched I didn't think it was needed in the end and you guys met us halfway.

I remember once it was I think, 3-1 switching it up like you said and just going for close quarters every round and yeah the melee was big but you guys definitely should have taken us there.

Nice to think back to the old days.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.