Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 54002 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2022, 07:42:53 pm »
You could relegate the players, not only the team. So if it disbands every player still has to play div2

then they will just stop playing, relegations is just not a good format for this community
You would only get relegated if you are not good enough which is more of a you problem rather than a community problem

'you' being the team, 'you' could've been playing extremely well, but not everyone else in the team was pulling their weight. I can understand team relegation, but if I'm a let's say rated as a 'top 10' player to then be relegated into division 2, then that would be silly, though I guess if division 1 teams can do player transfers from division 2, then I guess that solves the issue

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2022, 08:57:12 pm »
I honestly would really like to see this format and would be up to support and draw back EGS

but the thing is that all the things you said to plan, was also planned for EGS, or was at least the initial goal. Sadly it didn't work as there were hardly any teams which stayed consistent. There were something about 4 teams playing EGS S2 and S3 (League 1).
Even with with prize money worth 1000€.
Rulewise there have to be more of an incentive to have a consistent roster. Having something like a long season, split in different Splits with locked roster there, could be an idea.
For example making 3 tourneys and having afterwards a window to trade, like you already suggested, could be good.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2022, 09:40:22 pm »
I honestly would really like to see this format and would be up to support and draw back EGS

but the thing is that all the things you said to plan, was also planned for EGS, or was at least the initial goal. Sadly it didn't work as there were hardly any teams which stayed consistent. There were something about 4 teams playing EGS S2 and S3 (League 1).
Even with with prize money worth 1000€.
Rulewise there have to be more of an incentive to have a consistent roster. Having something like a long season, split in different Splits with locked roster there, could be an idea.
For example making 3 tourneys and having afterwards a window to trade, like you already suggested, could be good.
Yeah as I think I mentioned before, a good chunk of those ideas originally came from conversations that had been had with Voluble and a few other people, which is why when he sent over a word document with what he had planned for Seasons 2 & 3 I decided to hold off on EICS for the time being as it didn't make sense to have 2 similar circuits competing at the same time. But I can't say I was surprised to be honest when I noticed many of those ideas didn't come through to EGS.

I have spoken to a number of team leaders and other individuals that would like to see this happen but as you can appreciate it will take some planning on my end and also some likeminded people to get on board as Admins etc.

I'll be away from Saturday next week until Friday 2nd for hiking and a MILSIM event but once I'm back I'll start properly getting things rolling, but I will speak to a few people during next week and gather any further opinions/ideas - I'm sure I'll send you a DM Dark  ;D

Something I need to think of is how we are going to fit those extra tournament formats in to the planned system. As soon as you change lineup sizes (so from 6v6 to 7v7 etc.) things start to become inconsistent, standings/elo wise. Perhaps having an "on and off" set of tournaments could work or we sponsor community driven ones. Or we could just simply do them anyway but I would like it to differ a little more from EGS if possible. Something for me to brainstorm on. Picked a good time to quit drinking.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2022, 10:42:59 pm »
Is anyone still interested in the EICS that I was going to do with Tardet and Pieter?

6v6, 2 Divisions, seeding based on performance ELO with stats etc. all available on a thread, Real bracket systems such as proper Swiss/Double Elims, relegation bracket at the end of a season to determine who moves up or down, prize incentive to play, ELO/Point deductions on teams that change rosters outside of a pre determined window, casting + whatever you would normally expect.

2 Reasons we never did it was 1) EGS was taking up 90% of the calendar 2) Voluble sent me a list of his "changes" to EGS for S2/S3 whatever it was and they were just blatant copies of the idea we put forward on the stream.

Some people have asked about it but if people want us to at least put 1 season on and see what the uptake is I am all for it. I would just need to get a team together as Tardet is too busy writing essays and I have no idea where Pieter is lmao

Personally I think this would be good, as it gives players incentive to get better, play consistent, keep consistent lineups that will stick around and with the move ups/downs and dynamic seeding you get a constantly changing field of teams based on actual performance rather than "what good players can we get to play the hard matches".

Please go ahead and actually follow through with your grand ideas rather than just making a entire stream for hours explaining something you don’t have the energy to actual turn it into a reality. Wow what a blatant copy I am xDDD Just jealous as fuck that it succeeded so well when I ran it! Anyways please step up to the plate and help the community as you are a decent host chriseh! Just don’t back out on your word again! Be careful not to copy any of my ideas otherwise I’ll do a post 6 months after the fact blaming the reason I didn’t do something on the fact someone else copied me!!!!

I’d love for you to do a draft league of such or this EICS thing as the community needs it but don’t go dragging my name down as a reason as to why you can’t follow through your own ideas. Either you accepted mine was the superior idea which more people wanted or your just full of empty words. Some of the ideas have been talked about for years and I’d accredit more of EGS features I introduced to Drake rather than you. He had more impact on the ideas implemented than you. Statistics came because of Tiberias and Wursti, EGS happened because of TOG which was a idea originally from me u herishey etc etc and the formatting of the league was me golden and drake brainstorming. Just because I included you in my conversations just like I did Gi doesn’t mean I copied ur ideas or introduced what we talked about. To create a truly perfect system you need to take on board a lot of peoples ideas or opinions to perfect something. Anyways gl see you in 6 months when your posting again in preparation for this to start in 2024!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:48:58 pm by Voluble123 »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #560 on: April 24, 2022, 10:55:13 pm »
Is anyone still interested in the EICS that I was going to do with Tardet and Pieter?

6v6, 2 Divisions, seeding based on performance ELO with stats etc. all available on a thread, Real bracket systems such as proper Swiss/Double Elims, relegation bracket at the end of a season to determine who moves up or down, prize incentive to play, ELO/Point deductions on teams that change rosters outside of a pre determined window, casting + whatever you would normally expect.

2 Reasons we never did it was 1) EGS was taking up 90% of the calendar 2) Voluble sent me a list of his "changes" to EGS for S2/S3 whatever it was and they were just blatant copies of the idea we put forward on the stream.

Some people have asked about it but if people want us to at least put 1 season on and see what the uptake is I am all for it. I would just need to get a team together as Tardet is too busy writing essays and I have no idea where Pieter is lmao

Personally I think this would be good, as it gives players incentive to get better, play consistent, keep consistent lineups that will stick around and with the move ups/downs and dynamic seeding you get a constantly changing field of teams based on actual performance rather than "what good players can we get to play the hard matches".

lol I wondered why EGS suddenly improved across season.

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #561 on: April 24, 2022, 11:09:21 pm »

Please go ahead and actually follow through with your grand ideas rather than just making a entire stream for hours explaining something you don’t have the energy to actual turn it into a reality. Wow what a blatant copy I am xDDD Just jealous as fuck that it succeeded so well when I ran it! Anyways please step up to the plate and help the community as you are a decent host chriseh! Just don’t back out on your word again! Be careful not to copy any of my ideas otherwise I’ll do a post 6 months after the fact blaming the reason I didn’t do something on the fact someone else copied me!!!!

I’d love for you to do a draft league of such or this EICS thing as the community needs it but don’t go dragging my name down as a reason as to why you can’t follow through your own ideas. Either you accepted mine was the superior idea which more people wanted or your just full of empty words. Some of the ideas have been talked about for years and I’d accredit more of EGS features I introduced to Drake rather than you. He had more impact on the ideas implemented than you. Statistics came because of Tiberias and Wursti, EGS happened because of TOG which was a idea originally from me u herishey etc etc and the formatting of the league was me golden and drake brainstorming. Just because I included you in my conversations just like I did Gi doesn’t mean I copied ur ideas or introduced what we talked about. To create a truly perfect system you need to take on board a lot of peoples ideas or opinions to perfect something. Anyways gl see you in 6 months when your posting again in preparation for this to start in 2024!
Finally some drama, let's go

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 24, 2022, 11:13:02 pm »
The only drama here is Voluble's hairline.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2022, 11:14:32 pm »
No drama mate it’s all gone. Chriseh wanna come Netflix n chill and binge watch love island? x

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 24, 2022, 11:15:27 pm »
No drama mate it’s all gone. Chriseh wanna come Netflix n chill and binge watch love island? x
I'll bring the crate of buckfast.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #565 on: April 24, 2022, 11:15:34 pm »

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/schizophrenia/overview/

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 24, 2022, 11:21:07 pm »

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/schizophrenia/overview/
Bum boy to the rescue!!!!

Nock

« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2022, 04:56:58 pm »
A shorter EGS format would be far better

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2022, 05:12:41 pm »