Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 54019 times)

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2021, 01:09:08 pm »
Partizani Groupfighting Tournament with random weapons each round. Would offer prize money for that

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2021, 01:15:49 pm »
Partizani Groupfighting Tournament with random weapons each round. Would offer prize money for that
Allow me to introduce myself.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2021, 11:35:24 am »
Allow me to introduce myself.

Excited to see the FSE Thread then :)

https://store.steampowered.com/digitalgiftcards/

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2021, 11:20:03 am »
Any thoughts on Gulls Regional teams tournament idea?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #454 on: April 27, 2021, 11:23:56 am »
There are few hosts that can be assed to host a tournament on such a scale, or at least keep hosting it once they announce it. It'd technically probably end up being more work than NWWC because you have to get even more precise with working out if people are lying about where they are from or not and there will be a lot more teams.

There's nothing wrong with the idea, in-fact it's a good one but most people who suggest things here on this forums never do it themselves and I'm not sure who would want to put the effort in to host such an event. If it was a one day thing and fairly unmoderated maybe but a proper full-scale event i'd be unsure. It's also not the best of times for it with NWWC just about to end and lockdown beginning to ease in many countries.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2021, 11:59:18 am »
There are few hosts that can be assed to host a tournament on such a scale, or at least keep hosting it once they announce it. It'd technically probably end up being more work than NWWC because you have to get even more precise with working out if people are lying about where they are from or not and there will be a lot more teams.

There's nothing wrong with the idea, in-fact it's a good one but most people who suggest things here on this forums never do it themselves and I'm not sure who would want to put the effort in to host such an event. If it was a one day thing and fairly unmoderated maybe but a proper full-scale event i'd be unsure. It's also not the best of times for it with NWWC just about to end and lockdown beginning to ease in many countries.
I think for a tournament of this scale there is a need for a orga team with Multiple nationalities. Stockholm for example organized the german version of this. Im sure there are some french people to do this for France.
Maybe with one or two head organizers and one Co Organizer for every bigger national tournament.
But your point about NWWC just ending is very good. The project is indeed huge and needs a lot of time and Community knowledge.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2021, 02:34:42 pm »

I think for a tournament of this scale there is a need for a orga team with Multiple nationalities. Stockholm for example organized the german version of this. Im sure there are some french people to do this for France.
Maybe with one or two head organizers and one Co Organizer for every bigger national tournament.
But your point about NWWC just ending is very good. The project is indeed huge and needs a lot of time and Community knowledge.

Agree it would be fucking lot of work for a single organizer.

How about German, French and English speakers organize one by themselves divided in regions.

Then the best two teams from German, French and English compete each other. In a "Region World Cup".
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:36:41 pm by 19boboy97 »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 27, 2021, 02:38:52 pm »
If there's anything I've learnt from relying on several organisers is that several will lose interest very quickly and you'll get no where. Someone would have to do the majority of the work in order to ensure this was completed. By doing it in this way that Boboy suggested though you'd have a lot of sub-tournaments to lead to the actual tournament which would be even more work.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 27, 2021, 03:01:30 pm »
On the other hand is there just a "short" tournament within some nations. When they are over there is not that much to do for the national tournament organizers. Of course they can help with the main tournament. A nation who wants to be part has to finish their own tournament on their own. If there is no final match or no clear winner, they can not participate.
This would reduce the amount of time to put in for the head organizers.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2021, 03:18:07 pm »
Without having someone at the lead you are just going to run into either a never-ending tournament or one with A LOT of delays. It'll be a complete mess and completely unorganised. You'll probably end up having about 2-3 nations that actually get it done on their own accord and it'll then be a complete waste of time.

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #460 on: April 27, 2021, 03:27:42 pm »
Why not doing a 1 day tournament with multiple teams from a nation as it was suggested before instead?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #461 on: April 27, 2021, 03:30:01 pm »
Why not doing a 1 day tournament with multiple teams from a nation as it was suggested before instead?
Glad to see all those nation loyalists.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2021, 04:05:20 pm »
As Lukasoh said I already hosted a german region tournament the last October and November with 10 teams, 95 players, and 4 weeks group stage + 3 weeks knockouts. In my opinion, it went extremely good although I think I personally only did a medium good job with hosting it.

But I agree with a lot Herishey has said. Not a lot of national communities have the activity and the effort to do something. I have for myself considered trying to get a french host on board for cooperation but couldn't really decide for myself already.

For myself, I am planning to host a second version of the german tournament in September-October, so basically 1 year after season 1. I doubt any really big approach could be succesful.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2021, 05:26:50 pm »
If you wanted to do it that way with an internal tournament for each nation you'd need willing hosts and I feel you'd only really end up with 3-4 nations at most.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 27, 2021, 05:31:06 pm »
If you wanted to do it that way with an internal tournament for each nation you'd need willing hosts and I feel you'd only really end up with 3-4 nations at most.
How many Nations are there who could do this properly? For example Belgium. There arent that many players. They could divide it betwern the french and the flemish part. Then they have two teams for example. Thats it. They play each other in a bo3 and thats it.