Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 54007 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2020, 05:45:38 pm »
This "scene" has much more of a problem than the next tournament idea aKa the numbers in each side of the arena...

- Let's commonly recognize that leagues are/should and will be the best and main tournament system, of which every active players and team should actively seek to participate in and been evaluated primarily (if wanted) upon,
- Let's commonly establish arena map standards, of which every hoster will have to respect the perfect lenght and scheme in order to have a map learning curve
- Let's reserve one day tournament to relaxed and fun tournament, not the inverse, let's stop playing one day tournament that take us more time waiting in spec than actually playing
- Let's stop accepting that the number of tournament is more important than the quality
- Let's stop playing tournament that we are not interested in, simply to play every tournament
- Let's stop hosting so many large tournament solely to satisfy a few teams huge roster base or the last most stacked team formed realizing they have slighty too many and everyone should play their magnificient armada
- Lets base our evaluation, reputation boost and lists of players and teams on well selected (in advance) quality tournament with factual result instead of minding any junkfood tournament, popularity survey or thursday trolly casual gf vs tbe outcome in the conversation
- Let's have match previews, preparation, ft 15 great, dense, comebackable, surprising, well filmed and commented matches, everyone playing until the tournament has  ended, not being fucked by a bad day, instead of cancerous 10 minutes ft 5 cancerous sweat matches, cya in 3 month if loosing, randomish corrupted brackets, 5 minutes of gameplay for every 10 minutes of spec, unsurmountable bad ping and servers when happening, 70% of the tourney playerbase eliminated by half the tournament length

And last but most important
- Let's commonly build that best combined organizing staff hosting the best tournament event possible,with the best rules and depth, let's declare what it is, and let's host it multiple times a year for most of the year , instead of having 12 month a year of instable in any aspect (map, number, rules, server quality, staff quality) junk tourneys.

Can we do that ?

you can have a well organised and hosted league, but in the end its the players or teams (usually weaker teams) that decide to drop off mid-season coz they know they don't have a chance... if we could prevent these rage quits and other issues with players' motivation, leagues would be perfect

that being said, Shadey and I are looking into making a league happen, will keep y'all updated
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #361 on: July 17, 2020, 05:49:09 pm »
agree, most leagues don't fail because of the organizers fault, it is because people lose interest over time

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Hell Hounds

• Corporal
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 17, 2020, 06:07:45 pm »
This "scene" has much more of a problem than the next tournament idea aKa the numbers in each side of the arena...

- Let's commonly recognize that leagues are/should and will be the best and main tournament system, of which every active players and team should actively seek to participate in and been evaluated primarily (if wanted) upon,
- Let's commonly establish arena map standards, of which every hoster will have to respect the perfect lenght and scheme in order to have a map learning curve
- Let's reserve one day tournament to relaxed and fun tournament, not the inverse, let's stop playing one day tournament that take us more time waiting in spec than actually playing
- Let's stop accepting that the number of tournament is more important than the quality
- Let's stop playing tournament that we are not interested in, simply to play every tournament
- Let's stop hosting so many large tournament solely to satisfy a few teams huge roster base or the last most stacked team formed realizing they have slighty too many and everyone should play their magnificient armada
- Lets base our evaluation, reputation boost and lists of players and teams on well selected (in advance) quality tournament with factual result instead of minding any junkfood tournament, popularity survey or thursday trolly casual gf vs tbe outcome in the conversation
- Let's have match previews, preparation, ft 15 great, dense, comebackable, surprising, well filmed and commented matches, everyone playing until the tournament has  ended, not being fucked by a bad day, instead of cancerous 10 minutes ft 5 cancerous sweat matches, cya in 3 month if loosing, randomish corrupted brackets, 5 minutes of gameplay for every 10 minutes of spec, unsurmountable bad ping and servers when happening, 70% of the tourney playerbase eliminated by half the tournament length

And last but most important
- Let's commonly build that best combined organizing staff hosting the best tournament event possible,with the best rules and depth, let's declare what it is, and let's host it multiple times a year for most of the year , instead of having 12 month a year of instable in any aspect (map, number, rules, server quality, staff quality) junk tourneys.

Can we do that ?

you can have a well organised and hosted league, but in the end its the players or teams (usually weaker teams) that decide to drop off mid-season coz they know they don't have a chance... if we could prevent these rage quits and other issues with players' motivation, leagues would be perfect

that being said, Shadey and I are looking into making a league happen, will keep y'all updated
I think we had in the past a bad design for leagues, too huge, not enough fast paced

If you take a fast paced approach 14 team league with playoff, 2 qualified per group, separated in two group of seven, make it a only a 6 matchweek regular season length, one month half, +70% of team are eliminated at that point, the remaining teams (4 qualified) are likely to be the most motivated for the league's end with their performance. Short but dense. And that quality, fast paced league, can be spammed 3/4 time a year as a must main event, instead of having junk tourneys, 12 month a year.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #363 on: July 17, 2020, 06:11:49 pm »

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #364 on: August 09, 2020, 11:24:38 am »
What do you guys think about a one-weekend 1vs1 league?
Saturday Team 1 fights va Team 2, Team 3 fights vs Team 4.
On Sunday the Winner of the matches fight each other for first place, the Losers fight for the third place. No problems in finding a date every matchweek, can be repeated with other regiments. There could also be a ranking or something like this.
Of course it can be also played on Friday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:36:44 am by [2ndHess] lukasoh »

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2020, 01:37:41 pm »
Would u guys be interested in a duel league ?
I would like to host one but idk if ppl will be interested..
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2020, 01:47:58 pm »
do it  :)
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline TheBaker

• Agent of Chaos
  • Captain
  • Leader of the 33rd Royal Horse Artillery
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Lt_TheBaker
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2020, 01:50:12 pm »

Yeah that would be fun!

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2020, 01:58:26 pm »
I'm not against it if there are some rules in place like the last duel league to stop people literally just skeying and blocking with no intent of actually dueling (I don't mean passive players I mean actual braindeads).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2020, 02:02:51 pm »
would be

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2020, 02:27:14 pm »
like the duel ladder we had once?

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2020, 02:35:48 pm »
Its diferent then that actually . it wont be a 1 day tournament aswell it would take some time and everyone will have to play everyone and depending in how many ppl sign i would do not just one league. its like an actual league for example football, premier league where u win and u get 3 points for example and who has more points wins the league
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:39:56 pm by R1bazZz »

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #372 on: September 23, 2020, 02:38:17 pm »
He means just a full on league I believe with multiple divisions, something like premier league and championship. Something like the [FG] Duel League I hosted some years back. Someone else also hosted one a few years after that.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2020, 02:40:24 pm »
He means just a full on league I believe with multiple divisions, something like premier league and championship. Something like the [FG] Duel League I hosted some years back. Someone else also hosted one a few years after that.
Yes just like this

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2020, 09:25:43 pm »
I am generally not a big fan of spamming Sunday Tournaments but I think there has been no 3v3 or 4v4 for quite some time.

Would there be interest in one mid-December and if yes more 3v3 or 4v4?