Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 156678 times)

Offline Rapez

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_OLt_Rapez | 15thyrpteraps
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #1080 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:51 pm »
Congrats to spain first of all. As many palyers before have already mentioned, lancers should not have been allowed to play in this CNC, it was really unbalanced. But we can't blame Spain for that. They fought pretty well, have skilled native cavs and just used their advantages for their own benefit, although lancers have no place in nw and esp. in tournaments like this imo. I think It's hard to adapt your tactics and playstyle that fast because there are barely Lancer-regiments existing in nw and you don't have that much experience in fighting against them. Nevertheless, I'd say GG to all teams and like to thank Erik for hosting this tournament even though the rules weren't perfectly balanced :P (and good luck to UK and Poland for their match)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:51:14 pm by Rapez »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1081 on: January 14, 2018, 09:30:02 pm »
I know that some players are feeling frustrated about the whole lancer thing, and I can really understand that, as I have too faced Spain and lost against them.

I will give my personal opinion on the whole matter as soon as the CNC ends. I just want the tournament to end well, without a big whole wave of drama hitting the thread. So everyone of you should just calm down a bit, not launch a big debate on this or that, not insult anyone, and wait until the tournament is truly over.

Lancers or not, Spain has a bunch of extremely talented players, and we've got to give them that. For the rest, give it a few days, then we'll talk as civilized people who've all been playing this game for too long ages. Thanks for understanding.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #1082 on: January 14, 2018, 09:33:20 pm »
Sorry, salt needs to spreaded here.

What a fcking god damn non-sense these native players wrote.

I mostly skipped them due to them being absolute unappealing to me - but every good player would beat them in a duel. Every english, every german, every french player.

Literally, I am laughing hard right now. Please don‘t try to make native cav not as dumb and modest as it is.

Well played in a group, but in a direct duel, no.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #1083 on: January 14, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »
alright loser, enjoy silver

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #1084 on: January 14, 2018, 09:36:51 pm »

Maybe u have to stfu  8)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 14, 2018, 09:42:40 pm »

Really appreciated, whoever.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline SirAlecks

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 14, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »
Also, yes, there is a big difference between native and NW cavalry, that‘s why Spain has never been successful in the last editions, playing as cuirassiers.

None of us played Native till this year, big difference. The funny thing is, that when we played curassiers it was when we actually just played NW and we lost everytime, you can draw your own conclussions.
Also, I always try to be as unbiased as possible when it comes to balance, I've done it in Native and I tried to help Erik when the lancer incident happens, I won't enter a discussion here because it doesn't matter anymore, but I truly believe that lancers aren't strong if you apply the same treatment that Erik has done for this CNC. I honestly think that the problem here is not class-wise but adaptability, nobody really faces Lancers in NW at all being one reason or another, it doesn't really matter, the fact is that only a handful of teams have prepared against them (or at least the leader prepared), and you CAN see how it paid off. I agree, an experienced lancer group can easily beat an unprepared hussar team, but against unpredictable groups, that split up, alternate between deffensive and aggresive, chase off split cavalry and even if they can't catch them they can rotate quickly and pick off someone else, or simply work in pairs...? Yeah... Not that easy. Again, I could argue with you why they aren't as OP (not even) as you wanna make them and you can think I'm all the biased you want, but you can ask Zahari, Diarmuid or Erik, anyone really that took part during the Lancers drama and you'll see that I defended the Hussars perspective aswell as the rest of the classes, so yeah.

Offline piotes

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 14, 2018, 09:45:15 pm »
what i find funny is how you guys have no problems when hussars are the strongest unit and everybody chooses it except for spain and poland but when lancers are introduced you stick to hussars instead of adapting and then complain

why is it ok for hussars to be the strongest class by a wide margin and to everybody play them but it is wrong for lancers

if you truly were better you would've won with any class, half our team doesnt even play the game daily and when we do we play other mods and usually not cav at all and you still lost, but you still blame the lancers

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 14, 2018, 09:52:37 pm »
Fidje two days before final match: eheheeh it's just Spain didn't face a team that KNOWS HOW TO PLAY VS. LANCERS..... yet....... just wait for us and see!!!!!

Fidje after the match: OMG LANCERS IMPOSSIBLE CAN'T WIN CAN'T DO SHIT OP CLASS

Offline targeknight

• Private
  • proud Oberleutnant of the Nr.6
    • View Profile
  • Nick: targeknight
« Reply #1089 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:06 pm »
what i find funny is how you guys have no problems when hussars are the strongest unit and everybody chooses it except for spain and poland but when lancers are introduced you stick to hussars instead of adapting and then complain

why is it ok for hussars to be the strongest class by a wide margin and to everybody play them but it is wrong for lancers

if you truly were better you would've won with any class, half our team doesnt even play the game daily and when we do we play other mods and usually not cav at all and you still lost , but you still blame the lancers

You just stated why we blame lancers. Good job boy.

Offline SirAlecks

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:49 pm »
Literally, I am laughing hard right now. Please don‘t try to make native cav not as dumb and modest as it is.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess outranges, lancework, speed prediction, turn-around hits, couch-lances, ctrl+js, positioning, awareness for archers and cav while you are fighting in a big melee that ends in 20 secs, bump hits, bump couch lances, jump-hits, different types of lances and swords + morningstars to master, brain to know when to engage and where from, roaming and scouting without taking damage, lancework AROUND infantry among some others is something easy and modest. But here you are, stuck in NW losing a final against monkeys with sticks, and here we are, winning the tournament and winning money in Native Tourneys, woopsie.

Also, targe, what's up that we didn't play daily? It doesn't prove anything, most of them knew how to play the class already because they had tested it, and the ones that didn't trained, maybe not daily but in a good amount of time, and the other half had been playing lancer in other modules twice the time you have played Warband overall.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:58:32 pm by SirAlecks »

Offline piotes

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 14, 2018, 09:56:27 pm »

if you truly were better you would've won with any class, half our team doesnt even play the game daily and when we do we play other mods and usually not cav at all and you still lost , but you still blame the lancers

You just stated why we blame lancers. Good job boy.

probably should work on your teamwork and stop blaming other classes hehe

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:21 pm »
probably should work on your teamwork and stop blaming other classes hehe
You mean all nations? Ow ok.

Tbh, I didn‘t want this discussion to be on a Germany against Spain level, but you guys made one out of it.

Lurvy

« Reply #1093 on: January 14, 2018, 10:03:50 pm »
I guess being from NA i'll never understand the lancer hate. Since the 1LH was the only pure hussar regiment for most of the cavalry community on NA's history. We always had to play vs lancers and really good ones at that.

I guess we just know how to fight lancers in group fighting settings now. I said it earlier. Lancers are not that strong on NW, EU just isn't use to facing them.

But GG to my boo Lorucas  :-*

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #1094 on: January 14, 2018, 10:04:08 pm »
Germany made one out of it by being salty after losing to better players