Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 371118 times)

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #585 on: March 10, 2017, 09:57:41 pm »
I think for the sake of a competitive tournament, the 'Nordic' countries should be allowed to form a coalition of sorts and we should stop patronising them when they ask if they can do this.

Obviously it would be possible for maybe Sweden and Denmark to field enough players on their own, but, I imagine that a lot of those players would not be very good at the game or would be there simply because they were begged to attend by a captain.

What's wrong with having a selection of the best players form a team together? The amount of good, active players in this community is dwindling and I don't think we should be trying to create obstacles for nations to work together to bring a competitive team to the NWWC 2017.
Well less people get to play if coalitions are around. IF a team can field players, they shouldn't be entering in a coalition.

That's assuming more people want to play than are allowed to be in the coalition team. I still think having a better team, especially in these times where the standard of melee now has such a large gap between the best and worst players, is preferable to allowing more people to participate.

At least someone is uttering sensible words here. It seems as if people do not comprehend that this is not 2014 anymore where loads of people were playing this game, and where their melee skills were not as refined as they are now after all these old farts sticking around for soo long. There are still a distinct few from a newer "generation" of players who are capable of playing along with the old ones, but if you're gonna simply argue that we should just go and search for players regardless of their activity on the game and their overall hours is like telling the minor nations to piss off from the tournament alltogether. Either you decide whether you want a competetive tournament that is inclusive of all minor nations (allowing for coalitions) or you simply make a tournament of 10 or so nations with the "big" ones.

Offline FrostyBanter

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2017, 10:37:10 pm »
 Nation:United Kingdom
Player's Name:FrostyBanter
Player's Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042690037

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #587 on: March 10, 2017, 11:36:22 pm »
snip
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:08:12 am by Carabino »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

ItsAlex

« Reply #588 on: March 10, 2017, 11:43:40 pm »
Nation:United Kingdom
Player's Name:FrostyBanter
Player's Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042690037

Haha ben good luck .

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 10, 2017, 11:46:22 pm »
I think for the sake of a competitive tournament, the 'Nordic' countries should be allowed to form a coalition of sorts and we should stop patronising them when they ask if they can do this.

Obviously it would be possible for maybe Sweden and Denmark to field enough players on their own, but, I imagine that a lot of those players would not be very good at the game or would be there simply because they were begged to attend by a captain.

What's wrong with having a selection of the best players form a team together? The amount of good, active players in this community is dwindling and I don't think we should be trying to create obstacles for nations to work together to bring a competitive team to the NWWC 2017.

Finally a sensible person giving his input.

2nd Issue: The Nordic countries...one big coalition? FIN+SWE and DEN+NOR? Or something completely different?

I don't know about Sweden or Finland, but it's clear Denmark and Norway can't play separately considering the declining numbers of active players who know about the FSE forum and want to play in NWWC. If Sweden and Finland can't make a team together, then we all might as well have a Nordic team, or perhaps kick Finland out and have team Scandinavia (with Iceland).  ;)
I think putting all four nations together would be a step too far considering DEN + NOR and SWE + FIN should both be able to make teams together.

*sigh* Did you even read my post?
Yes, as I have said twice now I am all for a merge between 2 of the 4 nations (e.g. DEN + NOR and FIN + SWE together). I am not saying you should all be individual nations but if you try and say that Denmark & Norway Coalition and a Swedish + Finnish Coaliton could not make two separate teams then you'd simply be chatting shit. I do not think it is necessary for all 4 nations to merge together to make a 'strong' team, with Finland just off the top of my head you would gain Janne, Cletus and Ase.

You're obviously incapable of reading. This is exactly my point, ppl with no insight telling us what we can and cannot do without having a clue what they talking about. If you'd rather not have us make one team simply  because the fear of losing to it then fine idgaf, It has nothing to do with a "super team" as Reb put it but I can understand that he'd shit the bed having to play a Team Scandinavia, I just want to participate. Well, if there's 11 more apps from renown active swedish comp players popping up I guess you're right and we got a team.
Bro, you need minimum 10 players for Team Sweden/Team Sweden+Team Finland, what is problem?

There is players of V75 (10):
Stark, Epicpizza, Him, Alator, Merrox, Carolus, Sticklitz, Kevin99, Chr!570ph3r (as I know, they are all sweeds)

There is players of Team Finland (4 as minimum):
Staffan, Ase, Janne, Cletus

= 14 players (strong team af btw)

Do you actually know how many of the swedes you mentioned that actually want to participate? Ofc not. But its really easy to namedrop.

Offline Alatriste1234

• Second Lieutenant
  • asfkasfuasfmasf
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 10, 2017, 11:53:45 pm »
Nation: Spain
Player's Name: Alatriste
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084204935/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:56:20 pm by Alatriste1234 »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2017, 12:17:32 am »
Player's Name: Chicken
Player's Steam: You have me mr hans
Why you should be a Co-Captain: The spanish people, as it has always been, need of a superior catalan blooded being to make an organized folk out of savanna animals

Co-Captain: Chicken
2nd Co-Captain: TBA
Roster: Chicken, Marquez, Alex, Alatriste, Mr_T, Mr_Meh, Padawan, Ayala, Carlitos, Furia, Maru, Metaltunder, DarkLight, Maia, rest TBA

vouch for me n*ggers

you arent even spanish

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2017, 12:32:18 am »
Why you should be a Co-Captain: The spanish people, as it has always been, need of a superior catalan blooded being to make an organized folk out of savanna animals

Roster: Chicken, Marquez, Alex, Alatriste, Mr_T, Mr_Meh, Padawan, Ayala, Carlitos, Furia, Maru, Metaltunder, DarkLight, Maia, rest TBA

vouch for me n*ggers

you arent even spanish

Fkin catalan he is , a degenerate !

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2017, 01:53:26 am »
No catalans allowed!

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2017, 03:19:15 am »
Consider all the big nations who are joining in here, all these countries have at the very least like 40+ millions of inhabitants

From all the arguments you could possibly use, you picked the less relevant...
That doesn't mean shit unless it's fucking China compared to Liechtenstein

Yet you fail to provide good reason for why the argument is irrelevant to begin with, giving an example that's clearly not analogous to what my argument aims at all. I'd consider you re-read again since I know you may struggle with reading English. Or perhaps it may be that the point simply eludes you.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2017, 03:43:10 am »
Consider all the big nations who are joining in here, all these countries have at the very least like 40+ millions of inhabitants

From all the arguments you could possibly use, you picked the less relevant...
That doesn't mean shit unless it's fucking China compared to Liechtenstein

Yet you fail to provide good reason for why the argument is irrelevant to begin with, giving an example that's clearly not analogous to what my argument aims at all. I'd consider you re-read again since I know you may struggle with reading English. Or perhaps it may be that the point simply eludes you.
Please just stop mousso

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 11, 2017, 08:05:50 am »
Hey, look! It's this again.

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #597 on: March 11, 2017, 08:41:26 am »

vouch for me n*ggers
Where is retamar

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #598 on: March 11, 2017, 10:05:30 am »

vouch for me n*ggers
Where is retamar
mommo?
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline PadawaN

• First Lieutenant
  • Top 5 player cant block
    • View Profile
    • ads
« Reply #599 on: March 11, 2017, 10:23:37 am »

vouch for me n*ggers

Vouch