Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame  (Read 49773 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars Hall of Fame
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 11:02:04 am »
I think these lists are kinda stupid. Just a way for the same people to congratulate themselves and old friends. Reg members to vote for their reg leader, ect.

Maybe i'm just salty because i'm never on them.

There are just way too many people that could be potential members of a hall of fame. All the casual linebattle players past and present, all of the competitive players and organizers past and present, there are just too many.

If you want to talk about someone who is influenctial, fucking beanbean. He's barely mentioned on this forum and you guys would not believe the list of shit that he has done for the sake of this community.

Damn honestly Gluk thanks man.
No need to thank me, just what I genuinely think.

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 02:24:25 pm »

Spoiler
I voted for myself 5 times. Is that allowed?

This is already flawed.

Everyone is just gonna get their members/ex-members to vote for them to get in.

Perhaps only the people inducted into the hall of fame can vote new people in? As that's how its done in sports.
Just saying it's the sports writers that are allowed to vote.

[close]

Yes because a majority sports journalist/writers today know what they're talking about.
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

Perhaps only the people inducted into the hall of fame can vote new people in? As that's how its done in sports.

Also, this vote is pretty much just to gauge who should be on the Ballot to enter the Hall of Fame. As a result, I'm going to be able to see the general interest and any irregularities. 

33rd always left out of things like these  :-\

Stefan was like number 11 on the list when I cut it down to 10

Oh I have my browser zoomed in on this page and didn't even see...

Cenkris is put on this list over St3fan  ???

Why would either be on the list in the first place

Because they both contributed to the general experience of the game? They impacted the game. They hosted events, ran servers that enabled people to come together and have fun for many years. People got their start playing on those servers and playing in those events.
[close]

?
[close]

While that is true there is a sharp contrast in how they contributed to the community, Cenkris and St3fan both mutually hosted servers and events but any person can do that with a reasonable amount of effort. 15th server did certainly provide an "experience" for new comers to the game. But in my eyes if someone is going to be in the hall of fame they need to doing more that just be hosting server(s).

I'll redraw my statement about Cenkris being put on the list over St3fan, while I don't agree with it, there are going to be a lot of people that may not end up on this list but I'll just remember the famous quote "This is just a game, respect other people!"  :)

Spoiler
There's no reason for myself to be on there either really, but seeing my name there is good for my SELF CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait with ordering my rope untill my name is gone. Anyone has suggestions? https://www.knotandrope.com/store/pc/home.asp I quite like the arborist rope: commiting suicide in fashion 2017
[close]
Dekkers while I love your mapping, I really think you should be put in the players section instead of influential.

You mention servers and link Stefan with that. Which I agree, but if the 33rd makes the list so should the 59th. NWRP gets 200 people every night, mostly new players. But of course you old Dinos don't play NW anymore. You're all relics and throw backs from 2013.

33rd siege wasn't successful long-term as NWRP, JB or Human V Bots.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:30:32 pm by StrandThe_Selmy »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 03:15:40 pm »
I think these lists are kinda stupid. Just a way for the same people to congratulate themselves and old friends. Reg members to vote for their reg leader, ect.

Maybe i'm just salty because i'm never on them.

There are just way too many people that could be potential members of a hall of fame. All the casual linebattle players past and present, all of the competitive players and organizers past and present, there are just too many.

If you want to talk about someone who is influenctial, fucking beanbean. He's barely mentioned on this forum and you guys would not believe the list of shit that he has done for the sake of this community.

SEAN BEAN?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 04:33:57 pm »
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

[close]

Yes because a majority sports journalist/writers today know what they're talking about.
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

Also, this vote is pretty much just to gauge who should be on the Ballot to enter the Hall of Fame. As a result, I'm going to be able to see the general interest and any irregularities. 

Because they both contributed to the general experience of the game? They impacted the game. They hosted events, ran servers that enabled people to come together and have fun for many years. People got their start playing on those servers and playing in those events.
[close]

?
[close]

While that is true there is a sharp contrast in how they contributed to the community, Cenkris and St3fan both mutually hosted servers and events but any person can do that with a reasonable amount of effort. 15th server did certainly provide an "experience" for new comers to the game. But in my eyes if someone is going to be in the hall of fame they need to doing more that just be hosting server(s).

I'll redraw my statement about Cenkris being put on the list over St3fan, while I don't agree with it, there are going to be a lot of people that may not end up on this list but I'll just remember the famous quote "This is just a game, respect other people!"  :)

Spoiler
There's no reason for myself to be on there either really, but seeing my name there is good for my SELF CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait with ordering my rope untill my name is gone. Anyone has suggestions? https://www.knotandrope.com/store/pc/home.asp I quite like the arborist rope: commiting suicide in fashion 2017
[close]
Dekkers while I love your mapping, I really think you should be put in the players section instead of influential.

You mention servers and link Stefan with that. Which I agree, but if the 33rd makes the list so should the 59th. NWRP gets 200 people every night, mostly new players. But of course you old Dinos don't play NW anymore. You're all relics and throw backs from 2013.

33rd siege had to compete with the 84e siege server though, which (we) they did win in the long run, even though 84e had been the unchallanged leader for quite a while. The 59th's RP server however, seems unchallanged.

Not that I dissagree with you, though. Just wanted to point that out
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 04:43:33 pm »
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

[close]

?
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

33rd siege had to compete with the 84e siege server though, which (we) they did win in the long run, even though 84e had been the unchallanged leader for quite a while. The 59th's RP server however, seems unchallanged.

At first we made 59th Jailbreak (still very popular). Then we realized there was a gap for a big RP server. So we made that, we literally killed 33rd siege. 33rd, tried many times to keep their server populated, 33rd did take over 84th server and they got sloopy and lazy and didn't improve their server.

We have had challenges. The Minisiege server tried to compete with us by raising there slots to 200. Which brought out arms race on who can get the best scripts etc. We won.

Then Minisiege people brought out a rival RP server called 'Community RP' (supported by 63e) that got 200 people often last year and we was in a fight for our survival.

So, we have had challenges. But if you go on NWRP, we have spent a huge sum of money over a huge peroid of time creating scripts. We have different skins, grenades, a  complete new admin control panel in game. Whole raft of special features. Jailbreak been up for three years and has seen at least 10 big jailbreak servers try and compete and NWRP been up for 2.5 years. Longer then any of the older servers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:46:55 pm by StrandThe_Selmy »

Offline CillitBang

• Sergeant
  • Also known as gnaB tilliC
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cillit Bang
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2017, 05:35:55 pm »
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler

This is already flawed.

[close]

?
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

At first we made 59th Jailbreak (still very popular). Then we realized there was a gap for a big RP server. So we made that, we literally killed 33rd siege. 33rd, tried many times to keep their server populated, 33rd did take over 84th server and they got sloopy and lazy and didn't improve their server.

We have had challenges. The Minisiege server tried to compete with us by raising there slots to 200. Which brought out arms race on who can get the best scripts etc. We won.

Then Minisiege people brought out a rival RP server called 'Community RP' (supported by 63e) that got 200 people often last year and we was in a fight for our survival.

So, we have had challenges. But if you go on NWRP, we have spent a huge sum of money over a huge peroid of time creating scripts. We have different skins, grenades, a  complete new admin control panel in game. Whole raft of special features. Jailbreak been up for three years and has seen at least 10 big jailbreak servers try and compete and NWRP been up for 2.5 years. Longer then any of the older servers.

cool story bro

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
Just leave him, Kaide always has it in his head that he should be revered along with some of the most influential people in EU NW just for the sake of hosting a few servers.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »
Put Chriseh on the list or we riot

Offline StrandThe_Selmy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »
Just leave him, Kaide always has it in his head that he should be revered along with some of the most influential people in EU NW just for the sake of hosting a few servers.

Jelly boi

Offline The 2nd Regiment of Foot

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »
(largest EU Active regiment of the past three years).

Funny

Spoiler
[close]

Hail our lord CurlyConnor

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2017, 08:04:51 pm »
(largest EU Active regiment of the past three years).

Funny

Spoiler
[close]

Hail our lord CurlyConnor

Hahaha someone made an account for this

damn people getting triggered here innit
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2017, 08:51:44 pm »
xd

Offline Randy Butternubs

• Private
  • Head Grenadier in the K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2017, 09:12:52 pm »
I'd like to vote for Kaide's entry into the Hall of Fame. Not only is he a supreme tactician but he also bravely led a valiant group of 300 hour players against the 2000 hour player cheating, cancerous scumbag KKA, LED BY THE MONSTER THAT IS PRIDE OF NI!

KAIDE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
Motivational Speaker / Captain and Champion of the famous Unsullied Groupfighting Team / Best Player In NW History / Winner Of The Internal K-KA 2v2 Tournament

PatRox

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
I'd like to vote for Kaide's entry into the Hall of Fame. Not only is he a supreme tactician but he also bravely led a valiant group of 300 hour players against the 2000 hour player cheating, cancerous scumbag KKA, LED BY THE MONSTER THAT IS PRIDE OF NI!

KAIDE FOR PRESIDENT!!!

I second this request

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

KAIDE FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Well the ''motivational speaker'' part in your signature certainly isn't a lie